PDA

View Full Version : Cox cable in Oklahoma City

OUstudent4life
1/25/2006, 11:04 AM
Well, as the BCS is now on Fox, as are other sporting events and shows like 24, I'm strongly considering switching away from Cox cable unless they get this Fox deal worked out. Heck, a DVR and HD OTA receiver makes hella more sense than this crappy service.

Gah. Stupid television addiction.

mdklatt
1/25/2006, 11:08 AM
Well, as the BCS is now on Fox, as are other sporting events and shows like 24, I'm strongly considering switching away from Cox cable unless they get this Fox deal worked out. Heck, a DVR and HD OTA receiver makes hella more sense than this crappy service.

What Fox deal? I'm still wondering why they decided to move the Weather Channel to a new channel for the fourth time in three years. :confused:

Taxman71
1/25/2006, 11:12 AM
I get FoxHD via OTA and it is awesome with a Terk5 antenna ($55 at BB). I am currently debating whether to keep the Cox digital cable package since it costs $150/month (digital cable, phone and internet) while I was paying only $99/month for standard cable, phone and internet. The only HD station of value that I do not get OTA is ESPN-HD, but that is only important during football season (if that). Sadly, the family has gotten used to several of the digital cable channels in the month or so I have had it.

I am thinking about keeping the digital cable and dropping the hi-speed internet. Cox absolutely gouges you on their hi-speed internet pricing with their "digital bundles".

OUstudent4life
1/25/2006, 11:44 AM
I get FoxHD via OTA and it is awesome with a Terk5 antenna ($55 at BB). I am currently debating whether to keep the Cox digital cable package since it costs $150/month (digital cable, phone and internet) while I was paying only $99/month for standard cable, phone and internet. The only HD station of value that I do not get OTA is ESPN-HD, but that is only important during football season (if that). Sadly, the family has gotten used to several of the digital cable channels in the month or so I have had it.

I am thinking about keeping the digital cable and dropping the hi-speed internet. Cox absolutely gouges you on their hi-speed internet pricing with their "digital bundles".

There's actually a way you can get HD channels and not get the rest of the digital channels...I've got that package. Still "digital cable," but I only get the basic cable channels + all the HD stations. It dropped the price a little. I still refuse to get Cox phone; I assume that the Cox call center has Cox phones, and for the number of times my call has been dropped or cut off when I call them, I'm never going to trust it.

OUstudent4life
1/25/2006, 11:48 AM
What Fox deal? I'm still wondering why they decided to move the Weather Channel to a new channel for the fourth time in three years. :confused:

Sinclair (the local distributer of Fox) and Cox have been fighting for over 2 years now about HD service. Both sides have their points, neither side will back down, and all its doing is peeving their customers.

mdklatt
1/25/2006, 11:54 AM
Sinclair (the local distributer of Fox) and Cox have been fighting for over 2 years now about HD service. Both sides have their points, neither side will back down, and all its doing is peeving their customers.

So...we can't get Fox HD on Cox?

Taxman71
1/25/2006, 12:27 PM
So...we can't get Fox HD on Cox?

Not in OKC metro. Only through OTA and maybe satellite.

OklahomaTrombone
1/25/2006, 12:57 PM
You guys don't get FoxHD?

weird.

mdklatt
1/25/2006, 01:08 PM
You guys don't get FoxHD?

weird.

We don't have hills or The Strokes in concert either.

critical_phil
1/25/2006, 01:38 PM
or a high syphillis rate.........

mdklatt
1/25/2006, 01:42 PM

Pfft...Oklahoma County led the nation in syphillis rate a few years ago.

Taxman71
1/25/2006, 01:50 PM
The FoxHD deal shows how stupid Cox is. In order to watch NFL games on Fox in HD, I, and many others, had to get an OTA antenna. I sooned discovered that I get all the local channels in superb HD without needing Cox. Thus, I am seriously considering dumping Cox's digital & HD package and keeping standard cable and watching all HD OTA. That should cost Cox some $.

OklahomaTrombone
1/25/2006, 01:58 PM

http://www.habanainn.com/

skycat
1/25/2006, 02:00 PM
I would expect any area with a high market penetration by Cox would have a high syphilis rate.

Let the buyer beware.