PDA

View Full Version : Mexican Gov't giving illegals maps to get to the U.S.

Hatfield
1/25/2006, 09:24 AM
Now I may not be the head of the Border Patrol but seems to me that we should just set up shop at all the crossing points. Job made easy.

Mexican migrants to get US maps
A Mexican government agency is to issue some 70,000 maps marking main roads and water tanks for people wanting to cross illegally into the US.
The National Human Rights Commission says the maps will be aimed at cutting the death toll among migrants.

US advocates of tougher border controls have criticised the move, saying it will encourage illegal immigration.

Relations between the US and Mexico have cooled recently over US plans to build a fence on parts of the border.

The map plan is backed by Humane Borders, a US-based organisation which operates about 70 emergency water stations near the 3,200-km (2,000-mile) border.

'Not helpful

Launching the project in Mexico City, officials from Mexico's Human Rights Commission (HRC) flatly denied they were trying to encourage greater migration.

"The only thing we are trying to do is warn them of the risks they face and where to get water, so they don't die," said Mauricio Farah of the HRC.
But a spokesman for the US homeland security department said maps would not improve safety for those trying to cross the border.

"It is not helpful for anyone, no matter how well intended they might be, to produce road maps that lead aliens into the desolate and dangerous areas along the border, and potentially invite criminal activity, human exploitation and personal risk," said Russ Knocke.

Each year thousands of Mexicans breach the frontier and attempt to cross the parched Sonoran Desert.

Some 500 died last year while making the journey, the HRC said.

Last year the Mexican government issued comic-book style pamphlets warning of the dangers of illegal migration, while also giving advice on how to stay safe.

crawfish
1/25/2006, 09:27 AM
It is IMPERITIVE that we invade mexico. They got oil and tortillas and stuff.

Pieces Hit
1/25/2006, 09:28 AM
I keep telling you, Ted Nugent can fix this.

Hatfield
1/25/2006, 09:34 AM
it might make a great reality tv show that is for sure.

Boomer.....
1/25/2006, 09:34 AM
It is IMPERITIVE that we invade mexico. They got oil and tortillas and stuff.

...and tequila and any medication without prescription. :D

FaninAma
1/25/2006, 09:41 AM
Mexico is a much, much better neighbor than Canada.

I say open up the border.

Harry Beanbag
1/25/2006, 09:41 AM
it might make a great reality tv show that is for sure.

I've heard there actually is a reality TV show in Mexico where the prize is an all expenses paid attempt to get you a green card to the U.S.. Seriously.

I haven't seen it, but apparently it is kind of like that Japanese game show that is on Spike TV.

soonerscuba
1/25/2006, 09:46 AM
MXC?

Harry Beanbag
1/25/2006, 09:48 AM
MXC?

Yeah, like that one. Kind of a mix between that and Fear Factor. They have to do some wild wacky **** apparently.

Frozen Sooner
1/25/2006, 10:41 AM
How dificult is it to say "Keep the sun on the right when it's morning and on the left in the afternoon?" Follow those directions and you'll hit the US from Mexico eventually.

Pieces Hit
1/25/2006, 10:45 AM
That's assuming one knows left from right.

Frozen Sooner
1/25/2006, 10:45 AM
I guess I should have added "don't walk backwards."

Widescreen
1/25/2006, 10:50 AM
Mexican migrants to get US maps
A Mexican government agency is to issue some 70,000 maps marking main roads and water tanks for people wanting to cross illegally into the US.
Maybe they should spend that money on trying to create decent jobs in their own country so their people won't feel as compelled to break our laws.

GDC
1/25/2006, 10:51 AM
Some of my favorite people are Mexican.

Jimminy Crimson
1/25/2006, 01:43 PM
There's only one solution: landmines

I ain't shizzin, either.

Blow 'em up.

Pieces Hit
1/25/2006, 02:33 PM
There's only one solution: landmines

I ain't shizzin, either.

Blow 'em up.Landmines huh?

We would probably need a fence of some kind to give unwary pilgrims and stray cows a second chance.

- Not to mention all the protestors wandering around.

Let's build the fence first and then blow 'em up.

GDC
1/25/2006, 02:35 PM
There seems to be some prejudiced opinions on this board concerning darker-skinned folks.

Pieces Hit
1/25/2006, 02:40 PM
Or at least some folks who are tired of watching our country go down the terlit.

I think it's frustration mainly.

NormanPride
1/25/2006, 02:42 PM
There seems to be some prejudiced opinions on this board concerning darker-skinned folks.

I hate the tanned.

GDC
1/25/2006, 02:43 PM
Remember, it's all pink on the inside.

Harry Beanbag
1/25/2006, 02:47 PM

Nope, I'm married to one, and she dislikes the illegal scourge more than anybody on this board I guarantee it. I'm sick of the crime and financial burden they place on United States society when they're not even supposed to be here.

I'm all for legal immigration, that's what built this country.

Harry Beanbag
1/25/2006, 02:48 PM
Remember, it's all pink on the inside.

I think I saw that movie. :)

TheHumanAlphabet
1/25/2006, 02:49 PM
We need to patrol the border with the military and need to build that fence and tell V. Fox to go F-off!

Widescreen
1/25/2006, 02:50 PM
We need to patrol the border with the military and need to build that fence and tell V. Fox to go F-off!
THA for Secretary of State!

TheHumanAlphabet
1/25/2006, 02:51 PM

No, just prejudiced opinions regarding illegal activity and illegal entering of this fine country. The only prejudice I see is against law-breakers. Are you for law-breakers?

Oh and my position is only bolstered by the Mexican military protecting drug smugglers and pointing automatic weapons at county sheriff deputies as they chased a group of smugglers (with three new Escalades) on I-10 in west Texas. They got one truck - filled with Mary Jane, one got across the river and another got stuck, the military pointed guns at the deputies and the drug runners emptied the truck of MJ and torched it in the river. BTW, the trucks were stolen. This and other border incursions by the Mexican military, errr, drug enforcement army only resolves my opinion that we need to physically separate the U.S. from Latin America until they get a stable government, eliminate corruption and allow there own countrymen to work for good wages and not have to cross the border illegally to find work.

Oh and if we want them to come here, how about instituting a well organized and monitored Guest Worker Visa Program. Included a provision that they cannot immigrate to the U.S. and eliminate automatic citizenship for aliens born in this country.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/25/2006, 02:52 PM
THA for Secretary of State!

I'd have things fixed real good! ;)

Pieces Hit
1/25/2006, 02:59 PM
Our lawmakers are CYA pussies swayed by opinion polls.

GottaHavePride
1/25/2006, 05:59 PM
Adding a twist to Widescreen's post, maybe Mexico should start asking themselves why so many of their citizens want out of their country and fix that first. Oh, and not giving them maps would be nice.

GDC
1/25/2006, 07:52 PM
Adding a twist to Widescreen's post, maybe Mexico should start asking themselves why so many of their citizens want out of their country and fix that first. Oh, and not giving them maps would be nice.

Because they send $16 billion a year back into Mexico's economy?

OUHOMER
1/25/2006, 08:04 PM
Why do they do too folks that hire them?? I know evey construction site there are plenty. I see cooks everywhere that i know dont belong here. I know we have to fill out a I 9 form for everybody we hire.

GDC
1/25/2006, 08:06 PM
Why do they do too folks that hire them?? I know evey construction site there are plenty. I see cooks everywhere that i know dont belong here. I know we have to fill out a I 9 form for everybody we hire.

The fine used to be $10K for each illegal.