PDA

View Full Version : Grilled pineapples.

Bama/OU
1/24/2006, 09:20 PM
It was a nice and warm 40something here tonight, so I thought cooking burgers out on the grill sounded kinda delicious. While I was looking in the cabinet for something to make this a full blown cookout, I ran across a can of crushed pineapple.

My grill is the sort where you have a burner on one side, so I pulled out a pan and dumped the pineapples in with some Worchestire sauce. I dumped that on the burgers when they were done.

I am so freakin' addicted now.

sanantoniosooner
1/24/2006, 09:22 PM
I hate you.

I better send this post before my saliva shorts out the keyboard.

OUthunder
1/24/2006, 10:17 PM
I had pineapple pizza for the 1st time the other night. Worst pizza ever!

sanantoniosooner
1/24/2006, 10:22 PM
I had pineapple pizza for the 1st time the other night. Worst pizza ever!
uncultured hillbilly.

Pizza Hut thin crust with pineapple and canadian bacon rocks.

Norm In Norman
1/24/2006, 10:31 PM
Hideaway (SoonerBoarder's absolute favorite pizza) has something called Maui Magic that has canadian bacon, pineapple, AND mandarin oranges. It's good.

OUthunder
1/24/2006, 10:55 PM
uncultured hillbilly.

This is probably true but I'll stick with Papa Murphy's thin crust, sausage, pepperoni, and jalapenos pizza.

GottaHavePride
1/24/2006, 11:59 PM
It was a nice and warm 40something here tonight, so I thought cooking burgers out on the grill sounded kinda delicious. While I was looking in the cabinet for something to make this a full blown cookout, I ran across a can of crushed pineapple.

My grill is the sort where you have a burner on one side, so I pulled out a pan and dumped the pineapples in with some Worchestire sauce. I dumped that on the burgers when they were done.

I am so freakin' addicted now.

Pineapple and worcestershire sauce? Out.

I thought you meant actual grilled pineapple, like a whole pineapple places straight on the grill. Because that rocks as hard as a thing that rocks very hard indeed.

MamaMia
1/25/2006, 12:13 AM
Baste chicken breasts in Teriyaki sauce. Grill them.
Toward the end, throw on some large chunks of a freshly cut Del Monte Gold pineapple. Add some bell peppers and onion, both cut in fourths. Yummy. :)

yermom
1/25/2006, 12:15 AM
this makes me want a Big Kahuna Burger

GottaHavePride
1/25/2006, 12:53 AM
Is it bad that I glanced at the title of this thread and thought it said "grilled nipples" for a second?

I think I'm tired.

proud gonzo
1/25/2006, 12:58 AM
i'm geting more and more frightened with every post of yours I read.

yermom
1/25/2006, 01:13 AM
the phone call is coming from inside the house!

Norm In Norman
1/25/2006, 08:25 AM
this makes me want a Big Kahuna Burger
Is that that hawaiian burger joint?

BeetDigger
1/25/2006, 10:06 AM
Is it bad that I glanced at the title of this thread and thought it said "grilled nipples" for a second?

I think I'm tired.

No, it's not bad. Most guys experience things like this. They just aren't open enough to admit it. Quite frankly, I see the word nipple often, whether it really is there or not. :mack:

yermom
1/25/2006, 10:16 AM
Is that that hawaiian burger joint?

yeah, and i hear it IS a tasty burger

C&CDean
1/25/2006, 10:25 AM
Pineapple does NOT go on pizza.

Here's what I do: I get some good ground sirloin or chuck, make big-assed patties, and then marinate them for a couple hours in teriyaki. Store-bought is OK, but I know a guy who makes homemade that is killer. Anyhow, after you put the burgers on the grill, you soak the pineapple slices in the teriyaki, and then put them on the grill when the burgers are about halfway done. Just before you're ready to take the burgers off, you put slices of swiss cheese on them, and add a pineapple slice to the top of each burger. The melting cheese kind of holds the pineapple in place. I eat mine on a toasted wheat bun, with a little butter and mayonnaise. Try it. It will change your life.

yermom
1/25/2006, 10:32 AM
sorry dean, pineapple is good on pizza

canadian bacon or ham? not so much :P

OUthunder
1/25/2006, 10:33 AM

Word.

mdklatt
1/25/2006, 10:41 AM
uncultured hillbilly.

Pizza Hut thin crust with pineapple and canadian bacon rocks.

Eaters of Pizza Hut should not cast the uncultured hillbilly stone. :D

sanantoniosooner
1/25/2006, 06:10 PM
Most people who hate on Pizza Hut, just do so because it's fashionable.

There isn't a nationwide chain(comparable size) that is better.

Local joints or specialty places may own them, but none of the big name little sisters can touch them.

NormanPride
1/25/2006, 06:15 PM
Most people who hate on Pizza Hut, just do so because it's fashionable.

Local joints or specialty places may own them, but none of the big name little sisters can touch them.

So? Taco Bell owns all mexican chains, but it's still food that makes me cry.

KC//CRIMSON
1/25/2006, 06:19 PM
yeah, and i hear it IS a tasty burger

Uuummmm, this is a tasty burger. Mind if I have some of this tasty beverage to wash this down with? :cool:

MamaMia
1/25/2006, 06:23 PM

Here's what I do: I get some good ground sirloin or chuck, make big-assed patties, and then marinate them for a couple hours in teriyaki. Store-bought is OK, but I know a guy who makes homemade that is killer. Anyhow, after you put the burgers on the grill, you soak the pineapple slices in the teriyaki, and then put them on the grill when the burgers are about halfway done. Just before you're ready to take the burgers off, you put slices of swiss cheese on them, and add a pineapple slice to the top of each burger. The melting cheese kind of holds the pineapple in place. I eat mine on a toasted wheat bun, with a little butter and mayonnaise. Try it. It will change your life.
Sounds good. We're having a cook out this weekend. I'll have to try that. :)

mdklatt
1/25/2006, 06:26 PM

Papa Johns
Mazzios
Godfathers
Dominos

All better than Pizza Hut. Pizza Hut uses frozen crust. They're gimmicky. They're expenisve. Their newest commerical doesn't make sense--the two medium pizzas don't have to be indentical, so what's with the twins?

sanantoniosooner
1/25/2006, 06:50 PM
Papa Johns
Mazzios
Godfathers
Dominos

All better than Pizza Hut. Pizza Hut uses frozen crust. They're gimmicky. They're expenisve. Their newest commerical doesn't make sense--the two medium pizzas don't have to be indentical, so what's with the twins?
Godfathers sucks
Mazzios isn't anywhere near me. I would give you this one IF it was a bigger chain.
Dominos is very average.
Papa Johns gives me heartburn.
Little Ceasars is equal to a frozen pizza.
CiCis has kid snot on it.
Peter Piper is ketchup on cardboard.

IMO Pizza Hut beats the others on taste. I don't if the crust is frozen or not, if it tastes better than the other place. I actually like the flavor of Papa Johns, but it keeps me up all night.

KC//CRIMSON
1/25/2006, 06:52 PM
Papa Johns
Mazzios
Godfathers
Dominos

wow, your taste in pizza is almost as bad as your taste in music.:les:

mdklatt
1/25/2006, 06:56 PM
Little Ceasars is equal to a frozen pizza.
CiCis has kid snot on it.

These were purposefully not on my list. :D

OUthunder
1/25/2006, 08:54 PM
Pizza hut has the best pan pizza out there. The meat lovers is good with lots of jalapenos.

nmsoonergirl
1/25/2006, 10:30 PM
Papa Johns
Mazzios
Godfathers
Dominos

It's been like <ahem> 15 years since I worked there (wow, I must be getting old), but we didn't use frozen crust then--I spent many Saturday mornings making pizza dough at the one on Robinson. I have to admit, PH is still my favorite chain pizza.