PDA

View Full Version : Bedlam bell ?

stoopified
1/24/2006, 03:40 PM
Overheard some aggies talking about it in local cafe.I recall there was a big buzz around here(Ponca City) when the cowpukes won it( first year I think).Anyone know how many times it has been awarded and who has the series edge?
I figure we have it by a clear margin as I have not heard any aggie crowing about it of late. Would just like confirmation to shut up local ags.Thanks.

CobraKai
1/24/2006, 04:01 PM
* 2000-01: Oklahoma State
* 2001-02: Oklahoma
* 2002-03: Oklahoma State
* 2003-04: Oklahoma
* 2004-05: Oklahoma

CobraKai
1/24/2006, 04:03 PM
Interesting side project for someone.

1.) Read the Bedlam wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedlam_Series
2.) Guess which school the author attended. :eddie:

stoopified
1/24/2006, 04:33 PM
* 2000-01: Oklahoma State
* 2001-02: Oklahoma
* 2002-03: Oklahoma State
* 2003-04: Oklahoma
* 2004-05: Oklahoma
Appreciate it.thamks.

SoonerAcesUp
1/24/2006, 04:42 PM

I'm never reading anything off of that site again! Funny how there is no mention of the dominance in the football series! The most biased encyclopedia ever!

JohnnyMack
1/24/2006, 04:43 PM

Oklahoma State's rivalries with......Texas in basketball are often hyped......

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/TXHC10601240408.jpg

If by "hyped" you mean, we just got our *** handed to us, then yes, it's hyped.

OU-HSV
1/24/2006, 04:45 PM
You guys used the "B" word...watch out for neg spekkers

RooseveltRoughRider
1/24/2006, 04:46 PM
Well..the Bedlam series DID start at a wrasslin' match...and that IS the one sport Okie State is exceptional at.

There is no question OU is the better football school, but in the eyes of Aggie Football is secondary...to wrasslin.

CobraKai
1/24/2006, 05:11 PM
I agree that they are good at wrestilng. It is just funny how much praise they heap on wrestling and then mention something like "Rowdy Roddy Piper...Kamala....Junkyard Dog...Kerry Von Erick...wrestling...by the way, OU won 7 football NCs, although those are mythical and nobody cares about them, anywho back to wrestling, OSU...."

NormanPride
1/24/2006, 05:17 PM
No mention of basketball whatsoever? But I thought they were a basketball school!

soonerscuba
1/24/2006, 05:22 PM
I done fixed that wikipedia page up real nice, but you probably want to hurry.

CobraKai
1/24/2006, 05:27 PM
I done fixed that wikipedia page up real nice, but you probably want to hurry.

That is one of the funniest things I have ever read. Peeps, you owe it to yourself to check this out. I just laughed again after reading this guys serious attempt at describing the football "rivalry." It mentions that we dominate the series, then spends 75% of the time writing about the 4 times they have beaten us.

tbl
1/24/2006, 05:29 PM
I love it! If this is what you did, nice job!

Aggie Inferiority Complex
It should be noted that most Sooners are not aware of what this is, or who won it in the last year. University of Oklahoma students and alumni simply assume superiority in every facet of athletics and academics, with the notable exception of animal husbandry, veterinary medicine, and wrasslin'. Most people don't call complete domination a rivalry, expect aggies.

CobraKai
1/24/2006, 05:31 PM
I just added a few more comments. I added 2005 results and made a few parenthetical remarks within the author's own text.

soonerscuba
1/24/2006, 05:31 PM
that would be it.

JohnnyMack
1/24/2006, 05:41 PM
busted. :(

RooseveltRoughRider
1/24/2006, 05:52 PM
Hilarious

TheHumanAlphabet
1/24/2006, 05:55 PM
fixed it...

Sooner Inferiority Complex

It should be noted that most Sooners are not aware of what this is, or who won it in the last year. University of Oklahoma students and alumni simply assume inferiority in every facet of athletics and academics when compared to the USC Trojans. The inability to have as many National Titles as Southern Cal has sparked this. This frustration is frequently taken out on Oklahoma State. It's kind of a treat for the Sooner Football team who won't be beating Texas for a very long time.
Or a fricking aggie that won't win a championship of any kind except in sheep herding, and maybe wrasslin' or golf. They may also have to deal with large sums of money spent on sports, not amounting to a hill of sheep manure as they displace a long-time Stenchwater neighborhood for the University of T. Boone Picken's atheletic dorm hall and weight training/pig lifting room. Also be on the look-out for that cwazy football coach of their's to go mental and loose all touch with reality. Then football will really become a lost sport and aggies everywhere will sing praises of tennis, wrasslin' or golf...
[edit (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Bedlam_Series&action=edit&section=7)]
[/URL]
Bedlam Series Winners

2000-01: Oklahoma State
2001-02: Oklahoma
2002-03: Oklahoma State
2003-04: Oklahoma
2004-05: OklahomaFixed it...
[edit (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/)]
[URL="http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/"]

RooseveltRoughRider
1/24/2006, 06:12 PM
Dude..YOU fixed that? Re-read what you just posted.

BajaOklahoma
1/24/2006, 06:16 PM
Okay, who added the picture? I love the picture. I owe spek to somebody.

JohnnyMack
1/24/2006, 06:18 PM
Okay, who added the picture? I love the picture. I owe spek to somebody.

Wasn't me. No matter what you hear. :cool:

OUstud
1/24/2006, 06:21 PM

That was the funniest damn editing job ever! Sheep humping part was the best!

Also, don't know if this was an edit or not, but "It's said that when Oklahoma State recovered a blocked punt in the endzone to take a 14-7 lead in the 4th quarter, Boone Pickens Stadium roared so loud that it was deafening several blocks away."? And what's up with the Sooner Inferiority Complex? Strange.

soonerscuba
1/24/2006, 06:33 PM
new addition, hot off the press.

tbl
1/24/2006, 06:40 PM
Dude... this is so easy. I had no idea it was this easy to mess with stuff on Wikipedia. I've changed it a little, but I have a feeling that's going to be happening so much in the next couple of hours nobody will be able to get through this without doubling over.

Jimminy Crimson
1/24/2006, 06:45 PM
Check again. :)

tbl
1/24/2006, 06:47 PM
They're already editing it off... Hilarious!

soonerscuba
1/24/2006, 06:49 PM
This is the nerd who ruins fun, but I don't know if he can handle a jihad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:CambridgeBayWeather

tbl
1/24/2006, 06:52 PM
check out the link for OSU athletics on the bottom of the page.

Jimminy Crimson
1/24/2006, 06:56 PM

good stuff! :)

soonerscuba
1/24/2006, 06:56 PM

where in God's name did you find that?

P.S. The phrase Love Mutton might be NSFW. or anyone.

tbl
1/24/2006, 07:01 PM
Google search for "I love sheep"" Obviously it's a satire, or I wouldn't have posted it.

Vaevictis
1/24/2006, 07:20 PM
Original:

While Oklahoma's rivalries with Texas and Nebraska in football and Oklahoma State's rivalries with Kansas and Texas in basketball are often hyped, it's Bedlam that comes first for both of these schools.

Edit:

While Oklahoma's rivalries with Texas and Nebraska in football and Oklahoma State's rivalries with Kansas and Texas in basketball are often hyped, it's Bedlam that comes first for Oklahoma State.

The Consumate Showman
1/24/2006, 08:15 PM
BEDLAM (noun) : A place or situation of noisy uproar and confusion.

The Consumate Showman
1/24/2006, 08:16 PM
aggie (noun) : A playing marble.

The Consumate Showman
1/24/2006, 08:17 PM
What does this mean????

I don't know, you guys tell me....

OUMonster
1/24/2006, 08:41 PM
I did some editing too. I didn't remove or edit anything that had been pro-OU, though.

SoonerStud615
1/24/2006, 11:18 PM
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/387/sheep2ba.jpg
New aggie clothing line?

RedKings
6/1/2010, 11:25 AM
Since I do not have the privilege of starting my own thread I found this thread to post this years results.

http://www.soonersports.com/ot/bedlam.html

OU wins this year 15-12-1 and leads the Bedlam Series 6-4.

Every time I write the word "Bed'lam" OU OSU replaces it. Why?

badger
6/1/2010, 11:39 AM
Most pokes don't post here, but they definitely read. They're probably dying at OP.com right now... I wouldn't know - I don't read their site every second :)

OUstud
6/1/2010, 11:40 AM
Since I do not have the privilege of starting my own thread I found this thread to post this years results.

http://www.okstate.com/ot/OU-OSU-series.html

OU wins this year 15-12-1 and leads the OU-OSU Series 6-4.

Because the B word gives this rivalry significance. It isn't significant. We own their asses.

badger
6/1/2010, 11:56 AM
Because the B word gives this rivalry significance. It isn't significant. We own their asses.

The mods hate the B-word. I think you can use "bitch" but not "bedl@m."

EDIT: lol yes we can!

goingoneight
6/1/2010, 12:01 PM

http://www.okstate.com/ot/OU-OSU-series.html

OU wins this year 15-12-1 and leads the OU-OSU Series 6-4.

Just call it "Bed-lame." But only if you must. I love the edit feature on Bedlam.

Bedlam.

Bedlam.

Ha. :D

mhackl
6/1/2010, 01:53 PM
80-15-7 (Football 1904-2009 ) OU leads

badger
6/1/2010, 02:04 PM
80-15-7 (Football 1904-2009 ) OU leads

All OU cares about is football, whereas we care about golf and wrestling!

[hairGel]

goingoneight
6/1/2010, 04:33 PM
Heh... I guess all the rest of the country "only cares about football," then.

When was the last time Lid or Herr got on here to brag about track and field?

silverwheels
6/1/2010, 04:56 PM
Heh... I guess all the rest of the country "only cares about football," then.

When was the last time Lid or Herr got on here to brag about track and field?

After they were through shot-putting their javelins into each others' finish lines.

Eielson
6/1/2010, 05:20 PM
That article sure is lame now.

RedKings
6/1/2010, 05:27 PM
It should be pointed out that OSU does not field full tract and field teams which puts 4 points in the loss column almost automatically every year for them.

ndpruitt03
6/1/2010, 05:45 PM
The most lopsided interstate rivalry that is played ever year is OU vs OSU. Might be the most lopsided match of any teams that have played as many games as OU and OSU. There's only a trophy in this game because it's something OSU can win and celebrate. They don't get to beat OU all that often.

TopDawg
6/1/2010, 05:49 PM
The most lopsided interstate rivalry that is played ever year is OU vs OSU. Might be the most lopsided match of any teams that have played as many games as OU and OSU. There's only a trophy in this game because it's something OSU can win and celebrate. They don't get to beat OU all that often.

Intrastate...but yeah.

badger
6/1/2010, 05:50 PM
Intrastate...but yeah.

inner-state. we ain't no coastal elitist state ;)

RedKings
6/1/2010, 06:13 PM

What once was will not always be. Yes, football has been lopsided in favor of OU, but OSU has made up the facilities gap in football. OU holds a sizable lead in wins in basketball, but OSU has certainly made wrestling and golf just as lopsided as football. Baseball is almost even now. Football facilities have always been OSU's Achilles' heel in recruiting depth in football. In time they will complete their athletic village and then all hell might just break loose for them. Just ask the King what he thinks is going on in Stillwater, Okla. I believe it's coming and the rivalry will be the equal of Iron Bowl soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KV-jBcLqeM

MeMyself&Me
6/1/2010, 06:46 PM
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

gasps for breath

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

gasps for breath

LOLLOL...

PLEASE STOP, you're killing me...

LOLLOLLOL

RedKings
6/1/2010, 07:01 PM
That response reminds me of a painted happy face. You know nothing that is going on in Payne County, home of the Boomers, is funny to Sooner fans. Wake up.

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/9351/sadclown.jpg (http://img534.imageshack.us/i/sadclown.jpg/)

silverwheels
6/1/2010, 07:10 PM
OU vs. OSU will not be the equal of the Iron Bowl any time soon, if ever. There are only 7 games' difference in that series, and Auburn actually has some history (although it pales in comparison to Alabama). There are 64 games between the Sooners and Cowboys and OSU has...Barry Sanders' Heisman Trophy.

Eielson
6/1/2010, 08:18 PM
What once was will not always be. Yes, football has been lopsided in favor of OU, but OSU has made up the facilities gap in football.

Yeah, but your team still sucks.

OU holds a sizable lead in wins in basketball, but OSU has certainly made wrestling and golf just as lopsided as football.

Too bad nobody cares about wrestling and golf. Even most OSU fans that I know don't know how their last season went in wrestling and golf.

Baseball is almost even now.

If by "almost even" you mean OU finished 2nd in conference and OSU finished 10th, then you're right!

Football facilities have always been OSU's Achilles' heel

No, actually it's your football team.

oudavid1
6/1/2010, 08:21 PM
Yeah, but your team still sucks.

Too bad nobody cares about wrestling and golf. Even most OSU fans that I know don't know how their last season went in wrestling and golf.

If by "almost even" you mean OU finished 2nd in conference and OSU finished 10th, then you're right!

No, actually it's your football team.

Pure ownage right there

SoonerMom2
6/1/2010, 10:05 PM
Who would want to live in Stillwater for starters? It is miles from anywhere worth going to -- in Norman you can zip up the Interstate to take in a Thunder game or just go to Bricktown in less than 30 minutes. Takes almost that long to get to I-35 from OSU. Why anyone would live there is beyond me.

Facilities? Ours are paid for and we didn't have to stop work because the lone benefactor lost the money in hedge funds. Dumbest thing I have ever heard of -- donor donates $100M and OSU is dumb enough to give it back for donor to invest in his hedge fund. You give President Boren a check and it is going in the OU account! That's the difference between a real President of a University and a university where the donor runs the school.

ndpruitt03
6/1/2010, 10:15 PM
It's not like OU ever had great facilities in the 50s-80s. In fact facilities in general didn't really matter. During the above period OU never had more than 50k seats or so and the weight room stuff has been only in the Stoops era along with the Switzer center being built around that time too. Facilities haven't been a business type thing till recent years.

ndpruitt03
6/1/2010, 10:20 PM
I meant 70k not 50k. My mistake. But the changes to weight rooms and the stadium have probably been bigger in the stoops era then they were since the stadium was just about 90 years ago.

badger
6/2/2010, 08:58 AM
What once was will not always be.
Oh-Ten-and-One will never happen again, yes, but only because the NCAA no longer allows ties.

Yes, football has been lopsided in favor of OU, but OSU has made up the facilities gap in football.
Which doesn't really matter on road games, like last year's shutout.

OU holds a sizable lead in wins in basketball, but OSU has certainly made wrestling and golf just as lopsided as football.
You forgot to mention that your school won 49 national championships! Say it, or you're not a true Poke! ... we have a fake aggie on our hands, fellas! It's a big fat phony!

Baseball is almost even now.
During the past two years, you've taken 10th out of 10 Big 12 baseball teams. You were a marginal qualifier for postseason last year (despite not qualifying for the Big 12 tourney) and were completely left out of both the Big 12 tourney and postseason this year. OU, on the other hand, hosted three regionals in the past four seasons. Please realize that baseball is a low-scoring game, so when we beat you 6-0, it's not like you just held us to two field goals or three safeties. Oh man, that would be a boring game :P

Football facilities have always been OSU's Achilles' heel in recruiting depth in football. In time they will complete their athletic village and then all hell might just break loose for them.
Invisible athletic villages don't recruit shizzle.

Just ask the King what he thinks is going on in Stillwater, Okla. I believe it's coming and the rivalry will be the equal of Iron Bowl soon.
Nah - Auburn's won a football title and had an undefeated season in 04. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KV-jBcLqeM
Barry Switzer also misses the Nebbish rivalry... after last year, I'm not sure many Sooners would agree with him. Oh gawd... having flashbacks to being politeness'd into submission... nice fans everywhere... so much bright red! ahhhhhhhh!
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B_pEDRlXO0M&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B_pEDRlXO0M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

goingoneight
6/2/2010, 09:09 AM
It should be pointed out that OSU does not field full tract and field teams which puts 4 points in the loss column almost automatically every year for them.

It should be, huh? Haha...

RedKings
6/2/2010, 09:22 AM
Barry has become a good man, a respectful and honorable man. I can't say that for some of my fellow Sooners.

TopDawg
6/2/2010, 09:26 AM
but OSU has certainly made wrestling and golf just as lopsided as football.

Don't forget equestrian.

RedKings
6/2/2010, 10:05 AM
Don't forget equestrian.

Why even bring it up?

It seems a Sooner fan can't be objective at all in this forum.

MrJimBeam
6/2/2010, 10:48 AM
Even most OSU fans that I know don't know how their last season went in wrestling and golf.

They hell they don't. Aggies hold on to wrestling and golf stats like death holds on to Abe Vigoda

goingoneight
6/2/2010, 11:23 AM
Why even bring it up?

Because most admit they don't give a shat about second-fiddle sports?

badger
6/2/2010, 11:39 AM
Why even bring it up?

Ah, this explains why you didn't mention the 49 championships.

Nah, you can be objective, but remember that most posters here are just having fun with you. It would definitely help if you were like "First of all, I'm a Sooner fan, and I know most of you will disagree with me, but..." and then you can say anything from "55-19 actually did happen, I was there" to "Texas Memorial Stadium is superior to Oklahoma Memorial Stadium because it's 100k capacity, not to mention it's named after ex-Sooner DKR and not Gaylord."

Or, if you want to get in some good Poke offseason jibes, try a few of these:

"OU only won 26-0 because the game was in Norman, not Stillwater."

"Barry Sanders is greater than any Sooner who has ever played football in the history of ever."

"If OSU had an 85k capacity stadium and facilities like the Barry Switzer Center, they'd have a boatload of football trophies too."

"OSU paddle boys are better than OU paddle boys."

...I really am not sure what the OSU paddle boys call themselves, or even if they're organized, but they're the front row mat slappers that make more noise than the rest of their half-empty stadium... someday, OSU will give them pop-guns and call them the Nek-Rufs or something ;)

OKLA21FAN
6/2/2010, 11:54 AM
Ah, this explains why you didn't mention the 49 championships.

Nah, you can be objective, but remember that most posters here are just having fun with you. It would definitely help if you were like "First of all, I'm a Sooner fan, and I know most of you will disagree with me, but..." and then you can say anything from "55-19 actually did happen, I was there" to "Texas Memorial Stadium is superior to Oklahoma Memorial Stadium because it's 100k capacity, not to mention it's named after ex-Sooner DKR and not Gaylord."

Or, if you want to get in some good Poke offseason jibes, try a few of these:

"OU only won 26-0 because the game was in Norman, not Stillwater."

"Barry Sanders is greater than any Sooner who has ever played football in the history of ever."

"If OSU had an 85k capacity stadium and facilities like the Barry Switzer Center, they'd have a boatload of football trophies too."

"OSU paddle boys are better than OU paddle boys."

...I really am not sure what the OSU paddle boys call themselves, or even if they're organized, but they're the front row mat slappers that make more noise than the rest of their half-empty stadium... someday, OSU will give them pop-guns and call them the Nek-Rufs or something ;)
what??? no mention of ...'heeeeeeeeeerrreeeee coooommmmmeeeeees BULLET!!!!!!!!! :pop:

badger
6/2/2010, 11:59 AM
what??? no mention of ...'heeeeeeeeeerrreeeee coooommmmmeeeeees BULLET!!!!!!!!! :pop:

First of all, I'm a Sooner fan, and I know most of you will disagree with me, but we have little miniature ponies pulling our mascot, whereas OSU has a powerful, beautiful dark horse named Bullet riding across the field.

;)

OKLA21FAN
6/2/2010, 12:15 PM
First of all, I'm a Sooner fan, and I know most of you will disagree with me, but we have little miniature ponies pulling our mascot, whereas OSU has a powerful, beautiful dark horse named Bullet riding across the field.

;)and talk about the rider....talk about the rider!!!

goingoneight
6/2/2010, 12:17 PM
Boone ordered the stripper for the home crowd each game.

RedKings
6/2/2010, 03:23 PM
Boone ordered the stripper for the home crowd each game.

Now that would be a good reason to buy a season ticket if you could get a seat up close and had a few one dollar bills. ;)

Boomer.....
6/2/2010, 03:39 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/Soonerpsycho/osublahblah.gif

badger
6/2/2010, 03:43 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/Soonerpsycho/osublahblah.gif

I love that - did you create that?

It needs to be updated to read "49" for NC's ;)

Boomer.....
6/2/2010, 03:53 PM
No. SoonerPsycho made it a few years ago.