PDA

View Full Version : How do we finish on the season?

stoopified
1/24/2006, 02:45 PM
with 12 games left I could see us going anywhere from 8-4 to 10-2,leaning more towaed 8-4 personally.
On a side note am I the only one who doesn't buyUT as unbeatable?They have looked good of late but they WERE humiliated by Duke and the OTHER UT. I see at least 2-3 losses for them.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/24/2006, 03:04 PM
The optimist in me says that we go 10-2 down the stretch and finish 12-4.

The non kool-aid craving portion of my brain thinks that while we will probably be a much better team this time next month than we are now that we probably aren't going to improve dramatically overnight.

I don't think that that team of which I shall try not to name on Tues is unbeatable but I do think right now they are clearly the top team in the league and our 0-2 start means the race is probably for second.

I think 8-4 is probably a decent guess. Baylor is a must win and the game Sat night is a HUGE one if we can get a W.

soonervegas
1/24/2006, 03:11 PM
11-5 if we beat UT Saturday.

10-6 if we do not.

I agree that this team will be much better going forward than they have been. Final Four good like I thought at the beginning of the year? No. 2nd round NCAA tourney good? Yes.

stoopified
1/24/2006, 03:29 PM
Sorry I missed the no..... pronouncement for Tuesday till after I posted.(I came straight to the b-ball board.)

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/26/2006, 11:15 AM
Well, while we certainly "should" beat Baylor it is nice that we went on the road and not only won but won handily. Since Neal's return it looks like the team is turning the corner. Sat is really the measuring stick though.

Herr Scholz
1/26/2006, 02:49 PM
On a side note am I the only one who doesn't buyUT as unbeatable?They have looked good of late but they WERE humiliated by Duke and the OTHER UT. I see at least 2-3 losses for them.
Different team than the one that lost those 2 games for 2 reasons: 1) we didn't have Buckman in either of those games (he's invaluable to our team) and 2) we moved Daniel Gibson to 2-guard instead of the point (now he's scoring a ton more and playing better D as well). Our team's playing with much better chemistry than they did at the beginning of the season. Our guard play is punishing teams that sag on our frontcourt. Personally, I think Kenton Paulino is our team MVP so far.

Having said that, while we're hot right now (I know you guys won't admit it but I know you secretly enjoyed us embarassing the crap out of Eddie Sutton 80-46 Monday night), we're probably not as good as we look. Just like we weren't as bad as we looked vs. Duke. I expect a very tight game vs. OU on Saturday and fully expect 2 or 3 losses in conference. Too much parity. Those who think UT is going to run the table are drinking some serious orange koolaid.

Ardmore_Sooner
1/26/2006, 09:22 PM
With a loss

Soonerus
1/26/2006, 09:29 PM
11-5, we drill Texas on Saturday...great matchups....

GDC
1/26/2006, 09:30 PM
(I know you guys won't admit it but I know you secretly enjoyed us embarassing the crap out of Eddie Sutton 80-46 Monday night)

You would be wrong. Most of us always want Texas to lose, and for you to leave.

This thread is about how we think OU will end, not analyzing the whorns' season. You just don't get it.

soonersam
1/28/2006, 07:31 PM
i would like to win the all.. because im a sooner fan.....

Herr Scholz
1/30/2006, 11:16 AM
Most of us always want...for you to leave.
Actually, you conducted a poll on this subject and were proven very wrong.

GDC
1/30/2006, 12:32 PM
Actually, you conducted a poll on this subject and were proven very wrong.

Actually, more than 50% did want you gone, are you stupid in general or just math-impaired?

Oh, and on Tuesdays it doesn't matter much around here what you think.

Herr Scholz
1/30/2006, 12:54 PM
Actually, more than 50% did want you gone, are you stupid in general or just math-impaired?
Nice backtracking. It went from 'all of us want you gone' to a 'vast majority' (until that poll) to a weak 'Bush mandate of 52%'. Most posters on here couldn't care less.

And I'm stupid? You're the one who can't discern the difference between Longhorn topics and Longhorn posters on Tuesdays. You can't read.

GDC
1/30/2006, 12:56 PM
Ha ha, I love Tuesdays.:texan: :D

OUstud
1/30/2006, 04:36 PM
(I know you guys won't admit it but I know you secretly enjoyed us embarassing the crap out of Eddie Sutton 80-46 Monday night.

I did enjoy that briefly before turning my attention to hating you. Any time Aggy loses is good. Apparently that's true for most Sooners too, because I would have never predicted an OSU Sucks chant during College Gameday prior to an OU-Saxet game.

That said, if we keep this up, keep on truckin' with our guards and posts both, I can see us winning out in conference. Aggy and KU, our 2 road games we struggle in traditionally, are up and down this year (mostly down in Sheephumperville), and we can go to Austin and win, we've done it before when we weren't supposed too, and remember what Tennessee did down there. Tech isn't any good, CU will be in front of about 4,000 fans, and the rest are at home. So if (and that's a big if) we keep doing what we've been doing as of late, we can win out.

Herr Scholz
1/30/2006, 05:01 PM
Neither UT, KU or OU will win out. No way.

stoopified
2/1/2006, 03:08 PM
Neither UT, KU or OU will win out. No way.Most likely true but we can hope.As mentioned in my thread starter I figure us to finish between 8-4 and 10-2.

Following the win over UT and watching other Big 12 games this week I am leaning toward 10-2,thinking UT and KU are most likely losses on the road.OSU and TT are looking weaker than I surmised they would be and I see OU being able to win on the road in these games.This is all contigent on not losing any players and a two-handed Book would be a big help.