PDA

View Full Version : Boone State skyrockets to 11th

MikeInNorman
1/24/2006, 01:39 PM
The Chronicle of Higher Education has released its annual database on endowments for over 700 colleges and universities. The figures are self reported, through the professional organization of college financial officers. Here is the password protected link:
http://chronicle.com/premium/stats/endowments/endowment_results.php3?State_Type=All_states&Order=1&Year=2006&limit=-1

Big 12 falls like this: (figures in thousands)

4. UT System: 11,610,997
9. A&M System: 4,963,879
52. Nebraska: 1,042,290
57. Kansas: 954,943
64. Missouri: 848,612
73. Oklahoma: 777,514
77: Baylor: 750,237
106: Colorado:512,371
120: Tech: 461,903
123: Iowa State: 456,627
151: Boone State: 320,136
189: Kansas State: 251,310

There are several interesting things about this year's list:

1. OU moved up nine slots overall, and passed Baylor in the Big 12. OU's growth rate was the highest in the Big 12 by a wide margin, and was 12th highest among all universities with 100 million in assets or more. A great job, and one that needs to continue. I believe a reasonable goal for OU is a one billion dollar endowment.

2. Speaking of growth rate, it seems at first glance that Boone State, having leap-frogged KSU into 11th in the Big 12, would also have a tremendous growth rate. But no, Aggy's rate is better than only Nebraska, Missouri, and Colorado in the Big 12. Why the large jump, then? Well, crafty Aggy bookkeepers submitted a different starting figure for this year's calculation than the ending figure last year. A lot bigger starting figure, 116 million dollars higher, in fact. Which can mean only one of two things: either the figure reported in 2004 is wrong, or the figure reported in 2005 is wrong. Or that Aggy isn't too good at cipherin'.

Sadly for Aggy, none of Boone's money can be included in next year's report, as it appears to be going entirely to pay for the Rustoleum renovation and buying up people's homes so that Aggy can have an indoor practice facility and a softball stadium. No endowment money there.

3. I will not mention the ludicrous wealth of :texan: or his retarded cousin, since it is no :texan: Tuesday.

BoomerJack
1/24/2006, 01:44 PM
I like the reference to "crafty aggy bookkeepers". When I hear this phrase and those similar to it, I think of all the unindicted co-conspirators of the Enron fiasco that may be running loose amid an unsuspecting populace.

SicEmBaylor
1/24/2006, 02:29 PM
"crafty aggy bookkeepers".

Now what we gonna do is take half your investments and stuff it into a maynoaise jar and bury it in the backyard. Then we's gonna take the other half and go down to the dog track and bet on the dog that does its business before the race.

sooneron
1/24/2006, 06:03 PM
How much do sheep and lawyers for the football team cost anyway?

CatfishSooner
1/24/2006, 07:00 PM
$12

Flagstaffsooner
1/24/2006, 11:53 PM
$12Monopoly money

BOONE -r- SOONER
1/25/2006, 09:30 AM
151: Boone State: 320,136

There are several interesting things about this year's list:

1. OU moved up nine slots overall, and passed Baylor in the Big 12. OU's growth rate was the highest in the Big 12 by a wide margin, and was 12th highest among all universities with 100 million in assets or more. A great job, and one that needs to continue. I believe a reasonable goal for OU is a one billion dollar endowment.

2. Speaking of growth rate, it seems at first glance that Boone State, having leap-frogged KSU into 11th in the Big 12, would also have a tremendous growth rate. But no, Aggy's rate is better than only Nebraska, Missouri, and Colorado in the Big 12. Why the large jump, then? Well, crafty Aggy bookkeepers submitted a different starting figure for this year's calculation than the ending figure last year. A lot bigger starting figure, 116 million dollars higher, in fact. Which can mean only one of two things: either the figure reported in 2004 is wrong, or the figure reported in 2005 is wrong. Or that Aggy isn't too good at cipherin'.

Sadly for Aggy, none of Boone's money can be included in next year's report, as it appears to be going entirely to pay for the Rustoleum renovation and buying up people's homes so that Aggy can have an indoor practice facility and a softball stadium. No endowment money there.

3. I will not mention the ludicrous wealth of :texan: or his retarded cousin, since it is no :texan: Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

I take offense to using my name in vain! :mad:

Now if I won the lottery you could rename OU - BoOne University!

DrKupferberg
1/25/2006, 10:35 AM
For a coon's age, their gazinnas were less'n than their gazouttas. Thin TBone gave a buncha money and their gazinnas were a lot big'r 'n their gazouttas. But when they spend their savins on the world's most incredible athletic combo complex thingy, their gazinnas ain't gonna stay in the bank long enough to make their endowment gazinnas any higher than before. So their nest aig ain't gonna git any bigger.

MikeInNorman
1/25/2006, 10:52 AM
For a coon's age, their gazinnas were less'n than their gazouttas. Thin TBone gave a buncha money and their gazinnas were a lot big'r 'n their gazouttas. But when they spend their savins on the world's most incredible athletic combo complex thingy, their gazinnas ain't gonna stay in the bank long enough to make their endowment gazinnas any higher than before. So their nest aig ain't gonna git any bigger.

Tarnation, Uncle Jed! Jist send that Aggy savin's list down to JB Enterprises, and I'll have it ciphered faster than a double naught spy!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/27/Jethro211.jpg/180px-Jethro211.jpg