PDA

View Full Version : 13 year old girls

soonerbrat
1/24/2006, 12:27 PM
My daughter turned 13 yesterday. I think about things that I did when I was 13 and I get worried. I was a pretty good kid, and she is too. She plays sports, makes good grades, has lots of friends. I try to keep her out of trouble.

I let her have a XANGA account on the condition that I know the password and have full access to it. I checked yesterday and she had her cell phone number on her page. NOT LIKING THAT.

And some of her friends, sheeesh. One of them has 2 xanga accounts. One screen name is pretty benign, but the other one is "u know you want it 69" What kind of screen name is that for a 12 year old? Should I call her mother and tell her about it? If my daughter had that, I'd want to know, you know?

Also...what is the obsession for these little well-to-do white girls in suburbia with "gangsta" signs? they all do hand signs in their pictures. Do they really know what it means? It bothers me.

1stTimeCaller
1/24/2006, 12:29 PM
Stanley1-nip

Pieces Hit
1/24/2006, 12:29 PM
Call.

mdklatt
1/24/2006, 12:30 PM
IBTSJ

EDIT: too slow

MamaMia
1/24/2006, 12:32 PM
Also...what is the obsession for these little well-to-do white girls in suburbia with "gangsta" signs? they all do hand signs in their pictures. Do they really know what it means? It bothers me.Unless its the #1 sign or the upside down horn sign and done in October, I would not like that. ;)

I dont think you should tell the mom about her daughters user name. Thats her problem, but I would not allow my daughter to have any contact with a girl like that.

NormanPride
1/24/2006, 12:33 PM
Well, there's only so much you can do before they start complaining that you're ruining/running their lives. Scare tactics worked with me, but I was a sissy. Kids these days aren't scared until something actually happens. Which is bad.

DCSooner
1/24/2006, 12:33 PM
My daughter turned 13 yesterday. I think about things that I did when I was 13 and I get worried. I was a pretty good kid, and she is too. She plays sports, makes good grades, has lots of friends. I try to keep her out of trouble.

I let her have a XANGA account on the condition that I know the password and have full access to it. I checked yesterday and she had her cell phone number on her page. NOT LIKING THAT.

And some of her friends, sheeesh. One of them has 2 xanga accounts. One screen name is pretty benign, but the other one is "u know you want it 69" What kind of screen name is that for a 12 year old? Should I call her mother and tell her about it? If my daughter had that, I'd want to know, you know?

Also...what is the obsession for these little well-to-do white girls in suburbia with "gangsta" signs? they all do hand signs in their pictures. Do they really know what it means? It bothers me.

Try an 11 year old with a Xanga account. My daughters best friend. So her Dad and I were talking about blogs, and he tells me she has one. My daughter used to IM her, so I went to Xanga and searched her IM user name. Sure enough it is the same.

It is like reading a diary, and she talks about what her and my daughter talk about. The blogs are riddled with F this and F that. Also she said some kid was acting "high" at recess. I didn't even know little DC knew about that stuff. It made me very sad. I called the girls parents, and they said it is a double edge sword and I agree. You want to punish them, but at the same time, you don't want them to know you are reading their blog.

soonerbrat
1/24/2006, 12:36 PM
Unless its the #1 sign or the upside down horn sign and done in October, I would not like that. ;)

I dont think you should tell the mom about her daughters user name. Thats her problem, but I would think twice about allowing my daughter to have any contact with a girl like that.

it's a girl in her class at school. can't really avoid her, although she doesn't hang out with her much. this is the same girl who, while playing with one of the other girl's glucose meter came up with a blood sugar of over 300. no matter what you eat, your glucose would never be that high unless you are a diabetic. I called her mom about that and she was rather blase about getting the kid's blood sugar checked. So you're right, i wont' say anything to her.

Pieces Hit
1/24/2006, 12:39 PM
Predator bait she is.

soonerbrat
1/24/2006, 12:42 PM
Try an 11 year old with a Xanga account. My daughters best friend. So her Dad and I were talking about blogs, and he tells me she has one. My daughter used to IM her, so I went to Xanga and searched her IM user name. Sure enough it is the same.

It is like reading a diary, and she talks about what her and my daughter talk about. The blogs are riddled with F this and F that. Also she said some kid was acting "high" at recess. I didn't even know little DC knew about that stuff. It made me very sad. I called the girls parents, and they said it is a double edge sword and I agree. You want to punish them, but at the same time, you don't want them to know you are reading their blog.

oh..mine KNOWS i'm reading her blog. she gave me the password. it was one of the conditions of letting her have it. she has very limited internet access after an incident over the summer at her dad's house. i always read over her shoulder when she's IM'ing someone too. when i'm not home, her brother does a good job of monitoring her.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/24/2006, 12:42 PM
Since your daughter knows you have looked at it, I see no problem with talking about the things you should and should not put on a blog for the world to see.

My niece is 16 and has a xanga. She is careful about things she puts on hers, but one of her friends has her first and last name, photos, birthday, school name, activities, etc. So basically, any perv who reads her blog will know exactly where to find her if he really wanted to.

I've talked to my niece about how not everyone on the internet is who they say they are and that she should esp. wonder about teenaged guys named DC who reside in Dallas.

Beef
1/24/2006, 12:43 PM
You want to punish them, but at the same time, you don't want them to know you are reading their blog.
If they didn't want anyone and everyone to read it, they shouldn't have a blog. Could be a good lesson that blogs aren't just for your friends to read. I'm not a parent though, so I really should just shut the hell up.

soonerbrat
1/24/2006, 12:43 PM
SBSB, i told her last night that i saw her cell # on there and that I took it off. I also talked to her about her friend's screen name and said I didn't want her hanging around with someone like that.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/24/2006, 12:44 PM
If they didn't want anyone and everyone to read it, they shouldn't have a blog. Could be a good lesson that blogs aren't just for your friends to read. I'm not a parent though, so I really should just shut the hell up.Exactly. My grandma told my mom who told me: Never put into writing what you don't want the world to read."

soonerbrat
1/24/2006, 12:44 PM
If they didn't want anyone and everyone to read it, they shouldn't have a blog. Could be a good lesson that blogs aren't just for your friends to read. I'm not a parent though, so I really should just shut the hell up.

no, you make a VERY good point. if it's on the internet, it's public access. the public includes parents.

DCSooner
1/24/2006, 12:45 PM
oh..mine KNOWS i'm reading her blog. she gave me the password. it was one of the conditions of letting her have it. she has very limited internet access after an incident over the summer at her dad's house. i always read over her shoulder when she's IM'ing someone too. when i'm not home, her brother does a good job of monitoring her.

and Beef,

The whole thing is, if they don't know you are reading it, they will act how they act when you aren't there. It is like being a fly on the wall. A valuable tool IMO.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/24/2006, 12:46 PM
SBSB, i told her last night that i saw her cell # on there and that I took it off. I also talked to her about her friend's screen name and said I didn't want her hanging around with someone like that.Maybe the girl just thought it was referring to the code you use to call someone back *69. ;)

soonerbrat
1/24/2006, 12:47 PM
Maybe the girl just thought it was referring to the code you use to call someone back *69. ;)

yeah right.

yermom
1/24/2006, 12:48 PM
there are some of those that can be limited to certain groups, like livejournal

mdklatt
1/24/2006, 12:49 PM
Maybe the girl just thought it was referring to the code you use to call someone back *69. ;)

She ain't no holla back girl.

I got nuthin'.

TexasLidig8r
1/24/2006, 12:51 PM
Brat.. I have a 12 year old daughter (who thinks she is 28 years old)... One of my favorite sayings is ...

"Even on your very best day, this is only a benign dictatorship."

I let her know I have a keystroke monitor on the computer so every keystroke that it typed, I can pull up a report of every word that is typed.

When asked about privacy or constitutional rights (they are smarter at an early age), I simply say.. in this house, I am the president, the legislature, the high court.. I have absolute veto power.

I will know where you are and who you are with and if I am uncomfortable with any of that.. you will not be going where you want.

Naturally, you give them some leeway to show trust (and if she asks about that, I simply say, "Oh I trust you.. I just don't trust anyone else.")

With all that and "fears of being too strict".. she still comes to me and talks about what boys like her, who she "kinda" likes... she came to me and announced her first period (YIKES!)... we talk about grades, school, life...

Give them enough room to be able to make some decisions and make a mistake.. you just make sure that mistake is not a HUGE one!

C&CDean
1/24/2006, 12:51 PM
City folk. Geez.

We used to have AOL back in the day. We're way too far out to get any DSL or high speed. So, a couple years ago I just did away with the internet at the house. You know what? My kids bitched for about a day. Then they were over it. Now they go outside and shoot hoops or call somebody on the phone instead of spend endless hours "chatting" with other stupid kids.

The average 13 year old (actually, the average 11-18 year old) is not responsible enough to even have internet priviledges. Seriously. I'm very happy I pulled it out of the house.

crimsonrose
1/24/2006, 12:57 PM
not like you care...but this is my though. I would be careful with your daugther about reading over her shoulder and stuff. She is getting to that age were she is going to want her privacy and if you dont give it to her, she will go into that "i hate you mom" phase. believe me! i know

its good that you look after her right now...but pretty soon you are going to have to lighten up just a tad.

just my thought

Howzit
1/24/2006, 12:57 PM
My daugter turns 15 in March and has a MySpace, which we monitor religiously, and uses AIM a lot.

Her best friend, whom she has known her entire life and sees three of four times a year, was visiting us in Dallas a few months back. I go upstairs, and best friend is on Howzit Jr's computer. Howzit Jr is on Howit's computer. And they are AIMing each other back in forth between the two rooms.

:rolleyes:

crimsonrose
1/24/2006, 12:59 PM
And they are AIMing each other back in forth between the two rooms.

heh...sounds like my roommate and I.

Jimminy Crimson
1/24/2006, 01:02 PM
You know its paining Stan to stay away from this thread. :D

mrowl
1/24/2006, 01:04 PM
City folk. Geez.

We used to have AOL back in the day. We're way too far out to get any DSL or high speed. So, a couple years ago I just did away with the internet at the house. You know what? My kids bitched for about a day. Then they were over it. Now they go outside and shoot hoops or call somebody on the phone instead of spend endless hours "chatting" with other stupid kids.

The average 13 year old (actually, the average 11-18 year old) is not responsible enough to even have internet priviledges. Seriously. I'm very happy I pulled it out of the house.

this would be the only option in my house.

crimsonrose
1/24/2006, 01:05 PM
You know its paining Stan to stay away from this thread. :D

lol....just be patient....he'll be here

soonerbrat
1/24/2006, 01:06 PM
not like you care...but this is my though. I would be careful with your daugther about reading over her shoulder and stuff. She is getting to that age were she is going to want her privacy and if you dont give it to her, she will go into that "i hate you mom" phase. believe me! i know

its good that you look after her right now...but pretty soon you are going to have to lighten up just a tad.

just my thought

she had her right to privacy revoked when her dad's aol account became suspended because she was using naughty language in a kids' chat room. come to find out some pervert had been IM'ing her and talking about his 9-incher, also. to her credit (her dad read all the IM's because he had the keystroke thing that Lid was talking about) she told the guy he was disgusting

yermom
1/24/2006, 01:07 PM
she had her right to privacy revoked when her dad's aol account became suspended because she was using naughty language in a kids' chat room. come to find out some pervert had been IM'ing her and talking about his 9-incher, also. to her credit (her dad read all the IM's because he had the keystroke thing that Lid was talking about) she told the guy he was disgusting

she learned it by watching you ;)

soonerbrat
1/24/2006, 01:08 PM
she learned it by watching you ;)

i told you not to tell!!!! :mad:

Jimminy Crimson
1/24/2006, 01:09 PM
Tell her to never settle for anything under 10 inches. ;)

heh

Did I mention ';)'

crimsonrose
1/24/2006, 01:10 PM

I can see why you would take her right to privacy away. I was just saying that in a year or two, her attitude is going to change. It seems like she doesnt mind now, but soon she will

soonerbrat
1/24/2006, 01:11 PM
I can see why you would take her right to privacy away. I was just saying that in a year or two, her attitude is going to change. It seems like she doesnt mind now, but soon she will

so?

tough chit.

Jimminy Crimson
1/24/2006, 01:12 PM
fight! fight! fight!

soonerbrat
1/24/2006, 01:15 PM
fight! fight! fight!

nerd

crimsonrose
1/24/2006, 01:16 PM
so?

tough chit.

Once again...I was just saying. I know a lot of parents who hate it when their kids are in the "i hate you" phase in their life. Apparently, it wont phase you any.

TexasLidig8r
1/24/2006, 01:17 PM

So, how would you monitor this "privacy" since kids at 12 and 13 don't have the maturity or mental and emotional development to make "adult" type decisions?

Oh.. why does a 12 or 13 year old need privacy anyway (besides of course, the basic.. privacy to shower, dress, sleep,)? What can they say that a parent shouldn't know about?

StoopTroup
1/24/2006, 01:18 PM
the other one is "u know you want it 69" What kind of screen name is that for a 12 year old? Should I call her mother and tell her about it?

You should turn it in to the Sex Crimes Division of your Police Dept. IMO.

Anyone talking about things sexual in nature to 13 year olds should get hammered. The name seems to insinuate sex IMO.

Then they can tell her / his parents.

soonerbrat
1/24/2006, 01:19 PM
nope. it won't. discipline is tough, but she'll be a better person for it. When she was little i didn't give in to tantrums and after a while, she stopped having them and accepted the rules. when I say "no" i mean "no" and she knows it. :D

she has a LOT of priveleges right now that can easily be taken away and she knows it.

crimsonrose
1/24/2006, 01:19 PM
So, how would you monitor this "privacy" since kids at 12 and 13 don't have the maturity or mental and emotional development to make "adult" type decisions?

Oh.. why does a 12 or 13 year old need privacy anyway (besides of course, the basic.. privacy to shower, dress, sleep,)? What can they say that a parent shouldn't know about?

I wasnt saying anything about monitoring their privacy. All i was saying was in a few years, they are going to change. That was all....

soonerbrat
1/24/2006, 01:21 PM

Anyone talking about things sexual in nature to 13 year olds should get hammered. The name seems to insinuate sex IMO.

she was at her dad's house in socal and I was overseas when it happened...i told him he should make a report but i don't know if he did. my 2nd plan was to log back in as our daughter, set up a meeting time with the perv and beat the ever loving crap out of him :D

BeetDigger
1/24/2006, 01:22 PM
This thread it just tempting to Joey Buttafouco, Roman Polanski and Woody Allen.

soonerbrat
1/24/2006, 01:22 PM

oh wait...i misread that. i thought you were talking about mr. 9-incher that was IM'ing my daughter over the summer.

that's a good idea, i didn't think of that

soonerbrat
1/24/2006, 01:24 PM
I wasnt saying anything about monitoring their privacy. All i was saying was in a few years, they are going to change. That was all....

you weren't? sounded like it to me.

just my thought

crimsonrose
1/24/2006, 01:28 PM
you weren't? sounded like it to me.

I wasn't.

I was basically telling you about what I went through at that age. My parents would always read over my shoulder and I in return started to hate them for it. I know now that it was in the best intentions, but when I was at that age, I didnt understand that.

Sorry for wasting your time.

soonerbrat
1/24/2006, 01:30 PM
I wasn't.

I was basically telling you about what I went through at that age. My parents would always read over my shoulder and I in return started to hate them for it. I know now that it was in the best intentions, but when I was at that age, I didnt understand that.

so, let me ask you something....you hated them for it then, but did you get over it?

StoopTroup
1/24/2006, 01:32 PM
A good friend of mine pulled his 15 year old's account.

Not a kid friendly site in his opinion either.

crimsonrose
1/24/2006, 01:33 PM
so, let me ask you something....you hated them for it then, but did you get over it?

yes....but it took a few years

TexasLidig8r
1/24/2006, 01:43 PM
she was at her dad's house in socal and I was overseas when it happened...

At a geisha school? :D

soonerbrat
1/24/2006, 01:52 PM
At a geisha school? :D

uh..no...i took a class in art restoration in italy :D

crawfish
1/24/2006, 02:01 PM
I have a 13-year old boy.

From the sounds of it, I've got it a lot easier. :D

Viking Kitten
1/24/2006, 02:05 PM
Telling parents "I hate you" is a teenage manipulation tool that way too many dumb parents fall for. I know this because I used it myself. The teenagers who use it successfully are the ones that get into trouble.

Later on, after the teenager grows a brain, they get over the I hate you thing because they've figured out that it's the parents' job to teach their child how to make good decisions him or herself, and this is not always an easy process.

Because of this, I figure its only natural for a teenager to hate their parents sometimes, and when my children try that ploy, I will pat their ignorant little heads, and calmly and reasonably reassure them that they will understand someday. (Also fun cuz that'll REALLY **** 'em off.)

mdklatt
1/24/2006, 02:06 PM
I have a 13-year old boy.

IBTSJ

SoonerInKCMO
1/24/2006, 02:12 PM
Because of this, I figure its only natural for a teenager to hate their parents sometimes, and when my children try that ploy, I will beat 'em upside their ignorant little heads, and calmly and reasonably reassure them that they will understand someday. (Also fun cuz that'll REALLY **** 'em off.)

So mean. :(

frankensooner
1/24/2006, 02:21 PM
My 11 year-old spends all of her time on neopets. I guess I am lucky.

yermom
1/24/2006, 02:22 PM
Telling parents "I hate you" is a teenage manipulation tool that way too many dumb parents fall for. I know this because I used it myself. The teenagers who use it successfully are the ones that get into trouble.

Later on, after the teenager grows a brain, they get over the I hate you thing because they've figured out that it's the parents' job to teach their child how to make good decisions him or herself, and this is not always an easy process.

Because of this, I figure its only natural for a teenager to hate their parents sometimes, and when my children try that ploy, I will pat their ignorant little heads, and calmly and reasonably reassure them that they will understand someday. (Also fun cuz that'll REALLY **** 'em off.)

IMO the problem then arises that the kid knows that they can't trust you, and they do crap behind your back

you can't be looking over their shoulder all the time, and i know in my case i knew a whole hell of a lot more about computers and the internet when i was that age than my mom did

handcrafted
1/24/2006, 02:24 PM
My son is only 4 and I'm already well into the research on home networking admin and monitoring options. I don't feel like I should simply tell him "no internet period" because this is a highly used communication and information tool and he needs to be able to know how to use it, because all the other students he'll be competing with will be using it.

However, we've already got filtering software which is about as airtight as I can make it. In fact, I even tried hacking it myself just to test the company's claims, and I couldn't do it. I'll be hooking our main Cox Cable connection up to a router box and some combination of monitoring software will allow me to see and log everything the boy's computer is doing at all times. And he will be aware of it, too.

Viking Kitten
1/24/2006, 02:27 PM
Well of course they do crap behind your back. Hell, I did stuff my mom still doesn't know about. The trick is not getting caught. That way, everybody's happy.

C&CDean
1/24/2006, 02:30 PM
I wasn't.

I will quote the learned scholar Crawfish:

It is not my job to raise happy teenagers. It is my job to raise happy adults."

Or some such.

I am not my kid's best friend. Hell, I ain't even their friend at all. I'm their dad. It's my job to make sure they learn the proper lessons in life. They'll get over their little immature bull**** with time. All of my older boys have, and daily thank me for being such a prick.

Okla-homey
1/24/2006, 02:33 PM
Speaking as the parent of an almost 20 y/o girl who so far hasn't turned out too bad, I'M WITH LID. (scary ain't it). IMHO, you have a duty to crawl up your kid's butt with a microscope (not literally of course, that would be sick...and stinky), but I think you catch my drift. Stay on 'em, be sneaky, periodically check their room when they are not around. Insist on access to blogs and Xanga/Facebook accounts. Observe what's thumbtacked on the walls in their room. That stuff can give great insight on where their head is. Read their writings, know who their friends are, know who their friends parents are, know where they go and what they do there. Have limits. Enforce them.

I know they can still put one over on you, but if you are vigilant, two benefits will accrue:
1) They'll have to work really hard to deceive you and most kids aren't going to bother most of the time.
2) They'll know you really care, and that will comfort them, although they'll raise heck about you "being in their business" and "not trusting them."

Sooner than you think, they'll split for college and you won't be able to protect them anymore. Until that day, you gotta be the parent and protect your child from a ton of stuff which will tempt them that they are simply too young to know they should avoid.

HoserSooner
1/24/2006, 02:42 PM
I have a 12-year old daughter, and I check her MSN chat logs every other week, just to be sure that she isn't up to something that she shouldn't be. If she feels it's an invasion of privacy, I give her a deck or cards. :D

DCSooner
1/24/2006, 02:43 PM
I have a 12-year old daughter, and I check her MSN chat logs every other week, just to be sure that she isn't up to something that she shouldn't be. If she feels it's an invasion of privacy, I give her a deck or cards. :D

Wow! I didn't think about that. I may have a Tween, but at least she's not a Canadian Tween! :D

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/24/2006, 03:00 PM
My mom was one of those vigilante parents. . .always wanting to talk to the other kids' parents before I spent the night; listening in on phone calls on occasion; reading notes left lying in my room. The funny thing is, when I quit (for the most part) doing stuff that she needed to worry about, then she quit spying. I swear the woman had a 6th sense when it came to her kids.

So be up all in your kids' business, but let them know it is for their own good.

proud gonzo
1/24/2006, 04:57 PM

How do you know? I'm maybe a year or two older than you and melo and we're RADICALLY different. Quite frankly, from what I've seen/heard of you and Melo's escapades, if I was your mother I wouldn't trust you either. I'd make your life a living hell, invade your privacy, and make you hate me too. But you know what? after kids go through the "i hate my parents" phase--if they DO go through that phase--they grow up and get over it.

The bottom line is if a child doesn't want her privacy invaded, she'd better make sure her "privacy" doesn't include anything she needs to hide. Because if she does that that's just saying "I need mommy to teach me how to grow up, but I'm going to tell her I hate her for doing it."

skycat
1/24/2006, 05:18 PM
IMHO, you have a duty to crawl up your kid's butt with a microscope (not literally of course, that would be sick...and stinky

There has been way too much discussion of various stinky bits today. :eddie:

Melo
1/24/2006, 05:57 PM
How do you know? I'm maybe a year or two older than you and melo and we're RADICALLY different. Quite frankly, from what I've seen/heard of you and Melo's escapades, if I was your mother I wouldn't trust you either. I'd make your life a living hell, invade your privacy, and make you hate me too. But you know what? after kids go through the "i hate my parents" phase, if they DO go through that phase, they grow up and get over it.

The bottom line is if a child doesn't want her privacy invade, she'd better make sure her "privacy" doesn't include anything she needs to hide. Because if she does that that's just saying "I need mommy to teach me how to grow up, but I'm going to tell her I hate her for doing it."

Wow, glad I was brought into this. Thanks.

My parents trust me.

There were times I got into a little bit of trouble, but my dad solved that REAL quick by not letting me have a computer and limiting my internet time. I never did anything too horrible, and my parents knew who all my friends were. Wasnt too hard, since I didnt have that many friends. My family has always been pretty close, and it was never until I got my own computer that I started spending more than about 30 minutes a day on the comptuer.

I think I make the right decisions. I study, get ALL my homework done before I hang out or get on the computer, I practice more than I am required, I dont do drugs, Ive NEVER been in any kind of trouble with the police. If the worst that I do is dye my hair, or run around with a friend, why is that SO bad? I really want to know. Am I a horrible 18 year old? Because I dont think I am.

I made a decision early on in my life who and what I wanted to be in life, and thats what I'm doing. Nothing will stop me, and no one will stand in my way.

Today I called my mom, and its been the longest ever that I have gone without talking to her. Before today, I last talked to her Friday, I believe. Me and my mom talk about everything. I could tell her anything, I trust her with those kinds of things, and in result, she gives me more trust.

I started early on, if I said I was going to be somewhere, I made sure I was there. If I said I would be home at a certain time, I made sure I was. I told my parents where I was, who I'd be with, and I even provided parents phone numbers of the people I was with.

I can be a good kid and still have my kind of fun at the same time.

C&CDean
1/24/2006, 06:02 PM
Damn melo, don't tell any young suitors you talk to your mom that much. You'll scare them away. And your dealio sounds kinda boring - just what a young gir's life should be.

I pretty much went for the chicks who when asked "what do you put behind your ears to attract men" their answer was "my ankles."

Stanley1
1/24/2006, 06:06 PM
I pretty much went for the chicks who when asked "what do you put behind your ears to attract men" their answer was "my ankles."

Me too Dean, me too.

C&CDean
1/24/2006, 06:08 PM
Me too Dean, me too.

Well except mine weren't wearing Winnie-the-Poo cotton panties.:mack:

Melo
1/24/2006, 06:09 PM
Damn melo, don't tell any young suitors you talk to your mom that much. You'll scare them away. And your dealio sounds kinda boring - just what a young gir's life should be.

Well, it HAS been scaring the guys away, I guess. That or I probably am boring. And I have certain issues with virginity that I have already discussed on the board. But something has recently fallen into my lap, and I'm really happy about it, so hopefully this will be different. :D

C&CDean
1/24/2006, 06:10 PM
Well, it HAS been scaring the guys away, I guess. That or I probably am boring. And I have certain issues with virginity that I have already discussed on the board. But something has recently fallen into my lap, and I'm really happy about it, so hopefully this will be different. :D

Careful there girlio.

Viking Kitten
1/24/2006, 06:10 PM
I made a decision early on in my life who and what I wanted to be in life, and thats what I'm doing. Nothing will stop me, and no one will stand in my way.

Melo decided long ago never to walk in anyone's shadow.

colleyvillesooner
1/24/2006, 06:11 PM
I pretty much went for the chicks who when asked "what do you put behind your ears to attract men" their answer was "my cankles."

Me too Dean, me too.

:eek:

Jimminy Crimson
1/24/2006, 06:11 PM
Well except mine weren't wearing Winnie-the-Poo cotton panties.:mack:

Stan told me 'Dora the Explorer' is in fashion with the new crop of girls. ;)

Jimminy Crimson
1/24/2006, 06:12 PM
Melo decided long ago never to walk in anyone's shadow.

Ohhhh, oh, oh, oh, ohhh.
It must have been cold there in my shadow,
to never have sunlight on your face.
You were content to let me shine, that's your way.
You always walked a step behind.

So I was the one with all the glory,
while you were the one with all the strain.
A beautiful face without a name for so long.
A beautiful smile to hide the pain.

Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
for you are the wind beneath my wings.

It might have appeared to go unnoticed,
but I've got it all here in my heart.
I want you to know I know the truth, of course I know it.
I would be nothing without you.

Did you ever know that you're my hero?
You're everything I wish I could be.
I could fly higher than an eagle,

Did I ever tell you you're my hero?
You're everything, everything I wish I could be.
Oh, and I, I could fly higher than an eagle,
for you are the wind beneath my wings,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

Oh, the wind beneath my wings.
You, you, you, you are the wind beneath my wings.
Fly, fly, fly away. You let me fly so high.
Oh, you, you, you, the wind beneath my wings.

Fly, fly, fly high against the sky,
so high I almost touch the sky.
Thank you, thank you,
thank God for you, the wind beneath my wings.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/24/2006, 06:12 PM
Melo decided long ago never to walk in anyone's shadow.If she fails or if she succeeds, atleast she lives as she believes. Because no matter what they take from her, they can't take away her dig-ni-teeee.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/24/2006, 06:13 PM
Ohhhh, oh, oh, oh, ohhh.
It must have been cold there in my shadow,
to never have sunlight on your face.
You were content to let me shine, that's your way.
You always walked a step behind.

So I was the one with all the glory,
while you were the one with all the strain.
A beautiful face without a name for so long.
A beautiful smile to hide the pain.

Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,

It might have appeared to go unnoticed,
but I've got it all here in my heart.
I want you to know I know the truth, of course I know it.
I would be nothing without you.

Did you ever know that you're my hero?
You're everything I wish I could be.
I could fly higher than an eagle,

Did I ever tell you you're my hero?
You're everything, everything I wish I could be.
Oh, and I, I could fly higher than an eagle,
for you are the wind beneath my wings,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

Oh, the wind beneath my wings.
You, you, you, you are the wind beneath my wings.
Fly, fly, fly away. You let me fly so high.

Fly, fly, fly high against the sky,
so high I almost touch the sky.
Thank you, thank you,
thank God for you, the wind beneath my wings.Wrong Diva. Guess Again.

Stanley1
Stan told me 'Dora the Explorer' is in fashion with the new crop of girls. ;)

Helps me with my Spanish lessons. :D

Jimminy Crimson
Wrong Diva. Guess Again.

But I like that song. And she said shadows. :D

Viking Kitten
1/24/2006, 06:14 PM
The greatest love of all is apparently happening in Melo's lap. ;)

C&CDean
1/24/2006, 06:15 PM

Spoken like a true Viking wench who knows how to please her..........self.

Stanley1
1/24/2006, 06:16 PM
The greatest love of all is in my britches bitches. So sayeth the women.

C&CDean
1/24/2006, 06:18 PM
Oh Stan. The meds ain't working are they?

Stanley1
Oh Stan. The meds ain't working are they?

Nah, busy season is already gettin' to me. Sorry. :O

Viking Kitten
Moaned like a true Viking wench who knows how to please her..........self.

Fixed.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
The greatest love of all is in my bitch's britches. So sayeth the women. Um she posts here, you know. . .;)

Melo

:eek: Oh my...

Stanley1
1/24/2006, 06:20 PM
Um she posts here, you know. . .;)

:D

OklahomaTrombone
1/24/2006, 06:26 PM
Me too Dean, me too.

He said chicks dude...not men.

Stanley1
1/24/2006, 06:29 PM
He said chicks dude...not men.

:mad:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/24/2006, 06:29 PM
Well, it HAS been scaring the guys away, I guess. That or I probably am boring. And I have certain issues with virginity that I have already discussed on the board. But something has recently fallen into my lap, and I'm really happy about it, so hopefully this will be different. :DI have issues with it too, I seem to have lost mine.

Jimminy Crimson
1/24/2006, 06:31 PM
I have issues with it too, I seem to have lost mine.

You're over the age of 16, I'd hope so. :texan:

Melo
1/24/2006, 06:32 PM
I have issues with it too, I seem to have lost mine.

My issues are that I feel like I'm the only one who still has theirs.

C&CDean
1/24/2006, 06:33 PM

Well I know a person who has a bicycle called the "hymenator." She'd be happy to lend it to you - if she ever came around here any more.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
My issues are that I feel like I'm the only one who still has theirs.Didn't mean to make light of that. . .I thought I was the only one who still had mine as well, until I lost it, FWIW. I would be careful about what you put in your lap though.

Jimminy Crimson

Stan's in the same boat. It's cool.

Jimminy Crimson
1/24/2006, 06:35 PM
I would be careful about what you put in your lap though.

Yeah, make sure it has fresh batteries! :texan:

Stanley1
1/24/2006, 06:35 PM
Stan's in the same boat. It's cool.

I've been bangin' hotties since I was in JR High. :texan:

Melo
1/24/2006, 06:36 PM
Yeah, make sure it has fresh batteries! :texan:

:eek:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/24/2006, 06:36 PM

I've been bangin' hotties in JR High. :texan:ewwwwww

Melo
1/24/2006, 06:37 PM

I've been bangin' hotties since I was in JR High. :texan:

I know I'm not supposed to be talking to you.... but..

HAHAHAHHAAAAA!!!!!

and ew.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/24/2006, 06:38 PM

HAHAHAHHAAAAA!!!!!

and ew.VPO?

Jimminy Crimson
1/24/2006, 06:38 PM
I know I'm not supposed to be talking to you.....

back story please?

Stanley1
1/24/2006, 06:40 PM

HAHAHAHHAAAAA!!!!!

and ew.

News to me.

proud gonzo
1/24/2006, 06:41 PM
I'm almost 21 and a virgin. Why would that be something to be ashamed of? :confused:

skycat
I know this woman who is a virgin. Or at least she used to be.

Melo
News to me.

Melo
1/24/2006, 06:42 PM
I'm almost 21 and still a virgin. Why would that be something to be ashamed of? :confused:

Nothing at all to be ashamed of. I'm quite proud of it. But sometimes, I'm looked down on for it. Doesnt really matter, I guess.

Stanley1
1/24/2006, 06:43 PM
I'm almost 21 and a virgin. Why would that be something to be ashamed of? :confused:

Iggy'll be tapping it by the summer. ;)

Scott D
1/24/2006, 06:43 PM
Short of taking away a kid's internet access, there isn't much you can protect them from in this regard. The worst I had it was when she would talk to/make friends on AOL, then they got this nifty idea to do 3 way calling to talk on the phone while chatting on AOL...that lasted about one phone bill. Then the area codes of her friends were blocked and 3 way calling went kaput.

It's funny today to hear her talk disparagingly about one of her cousins who does some modelling and has some pictures on her website that are a bit too risque for her liking. And how her other cousin who is about 14 has perverts emailing her via her myspace or xanga I don't remember which. They grow out of it eventually, you hope.

OklahomaTrombone
1/24/2006, 06:44 PM
I remember when people looked down on me for being a virgin.

Then I went out and did their girlfriends in teh butt out of spite.

Scott D
Iggy'll be tapping me by the summer. ;)

I think Iggy has better taste than that.

PrideTrombone

Poor Iggy.... :D

Scott D
1/24/2006, 06:45 PM

Then I went out and did their girlfriends in a very uncomfortable place out of spite.

Like the backseat of a Volkswagen? ;)

mdklatt
1/24/2006, 06:46 PM

I've been bangin' hotties that are in JR High. :texan:

Oh come on, how could I leave that one alone?

:D

Stanley1
1/24/2006, 06:47 PM
I think Iggy has better taste than that.

If you knew what his Halloween costume was this past year, you'd see the humor in your post.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/24/2006, 06:47 PM
Nothing at all to be ashamed of. I'm quite proud of it. But sometimes, I'm looked down on for it. Doesnt really matter, I guess.Why is it anyone's business?

proud gonzo
1/24/2006, 06:48 PM
Iggy'll be tapping it by the summer. ;)
we've been dating for 14 months. obviously if we weren't both okay with how things are we wouldn't be together still. and whether or not he will be "tapping it" or when is no one's business, thank you very much.

proud gonzo
1/24/2006, 06:49 PM
If you knew what his Halloween costume was this past year, you'd see the humor in your post.

*sigh*

Stanley1

Then I went out and did their girlfriends in teh butt out of spite.

Butt secks. Heh.

Scott D
That's why being a guy is easy...I lost track of how many times I 'claimed' to be a virgin. That was a money in the bank play there.

proud gonzo
1/24/2006, 06:50 PM
Why is it anyone's business?

exactly.

Stanley1
we've been dating for 14 months. obviously if we weren't both okay with how things are we wouldn't be together still. and whether or not he will be "tapping it" or when is no one's business, thank you very much.

You'll PM me when it happens though, right? ;)

Jimminy Crimson
and whether or not he will be "tapping it" or when is no one's business, thank you very much.

If you want to keep it a secret, put it on your xanga! I swear nobody will find out. :D

Melo
1/24/2006, 06:51 PM
Why is it anyone's business?

Well, its not. There have been a few times when I've just been casually chatting with some people, and theyll mention something. I'll be like 'Well, I wouldnt really know.' and they're like 'oh. Youre a virgin.'

I dont know. I dont really tell people. I mean, I've had the conversation on here, but I dont go about declaring my virginity to the rest of the world.

proud gonzo
1/24/2006, 06:51 PM
You'll PM me when it happens though, right? ;)
oh absolutely. and then we'll have to get together for coffee and girl talk. :rolleyes:

proud gonzo
1/24/2006, 06:52 PM
Well, its not. There have been a few times when I've just been casually chatting with some people, and theyll mention something. I'll be like 'Well, I wouldnt really know.' and they're like 'oh. Youre a virgin.'

I dont know. I dont really tell people. I mean, I've had the conversation on here, but I dont go about declaring my virginity to the rest of the world.

that's way better than the alternative in many cases. Three friends from high school already have babies--none planned.

chances are some of the people making comments like that probably wish they had waited like you.

Jimminy Crimson
1/24/2006, 06:53 PM
I mean, I've had the conversation on here, but I dont go about declaring my virginity to the rest of the world.

i'm laughing like clark griswold for some reason :texan:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/24/2006, 06:54 PM

I dont know. I dont really tell people. I mean, I've had the conversation on here, but I dont go about declaring my virginity to the rest of the world.See here is what is so funny about that scenario. Not to sound like an old fogey, but you're having these conversations with other 18-20 year olds. It's not like they have years and years under their belts so to speak.

Scott D
1/24/2006, 06:55 PM
See here is what is so funny about that scenario. Not to sound like an old fogey, but you're having these conversations with other 18-20 year olds. It's not like they have years and years under their belts so to speak.

some of us at that age did ;)

Melo
1/24/2006, 06:55 PM
See here is what is so funny about that scenario. Not to sound like an old fogey, but you're having these conversations with other 18-20 year olds. It's not like they have years and years under their belts so to speak.

You have a good point. Didnt think about that.

Jimminy Crimson
1/24/2006, 06:57 PM
some of us at that age did ;)

fcuk yeah!

speaking of, i saw a girl at church wearing a 'FCUK' shirt.

is she serious?

proud gonzo
1/24/2006, 06:58 PM
You have a good point. Didnt think about that.
and if they DO have that much experience you can call them hoors :D

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/24/2006, 06:59 PM
fcuk yeah!

speaking of, i saw a girl at church wearing a 'FCUK' shirt.

is she serious?Do you attend First Church of the University of Kentucky?

OklahomaTrombone
1/24/2006, 06:59 PM
Isn't that a line of clothing?

Stanley1
1/24/2006, 07:00 PM
I had a "Big Willie" t-shirt when I was little.

That is all.

OklahomaTrombone
1/24/2006, 07:02 PM
I hope this thread entertains me for the next three whores I mean hours.

Stanley1
1/24/2006, 07:06 PM
I hope this thread entertains me for the next three whores I mean hours.

What happens at 9?

OklahomaTrombone
1/24/2006, 07:09 PM
I get to go home from work.

Kimberlyz4OU
1/24/2006, 07:12 PM
Wow, I'm kinda late to this thread and it's already been jacked......but, brat, I have a 16 yr old son and I am all up in his bidness........if he don't like it TUFF CHIT!! I ain't gonna read about him in the newspaper or get a 48 hours,20/20 episode starring ME as the stupid mom!

He'll know I love 'em and if he doesn't at least he'll be alive and out of jail (maybe?)

Stanley1
1/24/2006, 07:21 PM
I get to go home from work.

Where you workin' now?

jk the sooner fan
1/24/2006, 07:51 PM
They'll get over their little immature bull**** with time. All of my older boys have, and daily thank me for being such a prick.

VK nailed it, and Dean - i'm waiting for this day....my 20 year old is stubborn as anybody i've ever met so I'm thinking its along time coming.....

hearing your kid say they hate you isnt easy....but then applying a thick coat of "tough love" isnt easy either.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/24/2006, 07:57 PM
If you have to pay for it, are you still a virgin? TIA!

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/24/2006, 10:53 PM
My mom used to tell me that I could be a bitch, but she had a lot more practice.

OUthunder
1/24/2006, 10:58 PM
WTF is XANGA?

TIA

IB4OU2
1/24/2006, 11:01 PM
Iv'e raised 2 daughters now in their 20's and they hated me a few times in the last 15 years......and both will be graduating from college within the next year one will be a teacher the other's going to graduate school. They turned out pretty good and I think they still love old dad, at least they say they do.

oumartin
1/24/2006, 11:03 PM
you do know this thread will end up on the desk of the F.B.I.

IB4OU2
1/24/2006, 11:10 PM

I was thinking that would happen to the tampon thread.......

Stanley1
1/24/2006, 11:14 PM

She told me she was 18. :O

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/24/2006, 11:56 PM
When you pick them up at the Elementary School that should have been your first clue Stanley

Melo
1/25/2006, 12:35 AM
I've never hated my parents, or told them I did.

Maybe I'm just a wierd kid.

Actually, I did try the 'I hate you line.' Was it over thanksgiving? I was joking around, and my mom was joking back, and she goes 'Go clean your room!' and I said 'No, I hate you!' and she just smiled and said 'Go clean your room anyways.'

Heh.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/25/2006, 12:56 AM
Maybe your Mom's plan of running you off is finally showing some promise ;)

Melo
1/25/2006, 01:58 AM
Maybe your Mom's plan of running you off is finally showing some promise ;)

ooooH! Cool, I always wanted to move back in and leech off of my parents again. I have a plan!

colleyvillesooner
1/25/2006, 09:56 AM
Isn't that a line of clothing?

NO, that's F-U-C-T. without the dashes. It's a skating line of clothing, I think.

yermom
1/25/2006, 10:41 AM
NO, that's F-U-C-T. without the dashes. It's a skating line of clothing, I think.

http://www.fcuk.com/

French Connection UK