JohnnyMack
1/24/2006, 11:21 AM
http://www.euregio-ag.ch/wohnen/images/titelbild.jpg

1stTimeCaller
1/24/2006, 11:21 AM
Riiiiiicooooooollllaaaaaaa

Jimminy Crimson
1/24/2006, 11:29 AM
I thought you were going to say they got rid of that damn retard lousy excuse for a band director Brian Britt. :mad:

Why is he still employed?

In a just world, he wouldn't make it past being a middle school band teacher.

JohnnyMack
1/24/2006, 11:57 AM
I wonder how these guys are gonna march? Might be tough.

1stTimeCaller
1/24/2006, 11:58 AM
I thought you were going to say they got rid of that damn retard lousy excuse for a band director Brian Britt. :mad:

Why is he still employed?

In a just world, he wouldn't make it past being a middle school band teacher.

heh, he was my middle school band teacher!!!

NormanPride
1/24/2006, 11:58 AM
Not another one of these... can't we just stick to a funny joke about adding those weird horn things to the band? Then add a few farks and laugh without bashing a good director?

IronSooner
1/24/2006, 12:35 PM
I'm just glad it wasn't more mascot ponies.

mrowl
1/24/2006, 12:53 PM

who cares, are they going to be LOUD?

JohnnyMack
1/24/2006, 01:01 PM
Man you guys are thick.

snp
1/24/2006, 01:01 PM
I was hoping the double sided guitar was finally added.

Jimminy Crimson
1/24/2006, 01:04 PM
without bashing a good director?

Nobody bashed a good director.

apusooner
1/24/2006, 02:16 PM

winner.

JohnnyMack
1/24/2006, 03:02 PM
Nobody?

Gold? Silver? :O

NormanPride
1/24/2006, 05:33 PM

Yeah, it's clever. How was it much better under Gene? I played for both, mind you.

C&CDean
1/24/2006, 05:41 PM
Yeah, it's clever. How was it much better under Gene? I played for both, mind you.

Uh, they didn't suck?

PrideTrombone
1/24/2006, 05:43 PM

I don't remember anyone who was in the band calling him "Gene."

NormanPride
1/24/2006, 05:44 PM
Uh, they didn't suck?

Howso? Seriously, I don't know. I was in both regimes, and stuff pretty much stayed the same with me. A few minor changes to pre-game, but mostly the same Pride.

NormanPride
1/24/2006, 05:45 PM

Coach, whatever. I don't really remember anyone outside of the Pride calling him Coach, so I thought it would be confusing.

TheBobbyTrain
1/24/2006, 05:53 PM
my obligatory response to be tied in with this thread

Jimminy Crimson
1/24/2006, 05:54 PM

BUSTED! :texan:

C&CDean
1/24/2006, 05:55 PM
Howso? Seriously, I don't know. I was in both regimes, and stuff pretty much stayed the same with me. A few minor changes to pre-game, but mostly the same Pride.

Well, we used to be able to hear them play up in Section 109. Especially back in the day when they had this straight-shootin', bird-lovin', geeky brother havin', iggy-lovin', french horn player who RMFO.

PrideTrombone
1/24/2006, 05:57 PM
Well, we used to be able to hear them play up in Section 109. Especially back in the day when they had this straight-shootin', bird-lovin', geeky brother havin', iggy-lovin', french horn player who RMFO.

Back in the day? Hell, she's YOUNG. :)

Jimminy Crimson
1/24/2006, 06:01 PM

They played good shows and didn't repeat crappy **** over and over.

They directors didn't pretend they were the Secret Service.

The band played well and most importantly LOUD, didn't worry about offending the New York Symphony Orchestra or Boston Pops.

The band uniforms were crimson, the color every Sooner fan should be wearing at home games. Not white. :mad:

The basketball band wasn't Brokeback.

Dean, am I leaving anything out? :texan:

NormanPride
1/24/2006, 06:02 PM
Yeah, man. That was just a couple years ago.

Oh, and I've sat in Section 103, and they sounded just fine to me. Is it you or DE that has the pink shirt guy in front of you? Maybe that's the problem.

JohnnyMack
1/24/2006, 06:03 PM
QUIT HIJACKING MY HORN THREAD WITH YOUR STUPID BAND TALKD!!!!!!!1

NormanPride
1/24/2006, 06:05 PM
They played good shows and didn't repeat crappy **** over and over.

They directors didn't pretend they were the Secret Service.

The band played well and most importantly LOUD, didn't worry about offending the New York Symphony Orchestra or Boston Pops.

The band uniforms were crimson, the color every Sooner fan should be wearing at home games. Not white. :mad:

The basketball band wasn't Brokeback.

Dean, am I leaving anything out? :texan:

I'll agree with the first, but the last few... meh. Directors looking like the secret service? Who cares? And as for volume, I haven't noticed much of a drop, but we also had some insane players my first year, and they're gone now. :(

Those red unis sucked. Yeah, they were nostalgic, but capes are ghey and they smelled like grandmas.

NormanPride
1/24/2006, 06:11 PM
Quiet, JM. Here's a fark for you.

http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/2539/pridericola2pm.jpg

PrideTrombone
1/24/2006, 06:12 PM
I'll agree with the first, but the last few... meh. Directors looking like the secret service? Who cares? And as for volume, I haven't noticed much of a drop, but we also had some insane players my first year, and they're gone now. :(

Those red unis sucked. Yeah, they were nostalgic, but capes are ghey and they smelled like grandmas.

You know, they make new uniforms in red, too. ;)

OUMallen
1/24/2006, 06:13 PM

If I can march with what I have to lug around, they can too. Those aren't even as big as mine anyway....

NormanPride
1/24/2006, 06:15 PM
At least the colorguard is red, right? And there's red on the new ones... they're just a little different from the old ones that we used at the end of Coach's mighty reign, right? I never thought those looked bad.

Hell, we could look like the ostate band...

Jimminy Crimson
1/24/2006, 06:19 PM
Hell, we could look like the ostate band...

At least the Pride hasn't stooped so low as to have Brokeback flaggots.

I will throw cinder blocks from Section 230 onto said flaggots and the band directors if that ever happens at OU.

NormanPride
1/24/2006, 06:21 PM
At least the Pride hasn't stooped so low as to have Brokeback flaggots.

I will throw cinder blocks from Section 230 onto said flaggots and the band directors if that ever happens at OU.

I will join you.

C&CDean
1/24/2006, 06:25 PM
I will throw the uteri wearing the pink shirt too.

JohnnyMack
1/24/2006, 06:27 PM
I will join you.

I'll clean up what's left.

http://upi.com/SecurityTerrorism/view.php?StoryID=20060120-070112-5273r

Vaevictis
1/24/2006, 07:08 PM
If I can march with what I have to lug around, they can too. Those aren't even as big as mine anyway....

Leave your breasts out of it.

NormanPride
1/24/2006, 09:38 PM
I'll clean up what's left.

http://upi.com/SecurityTerrorism/view.php?StoryID=20060120-070112-5273r

Metal Storm (http://www.metalstorm.com) for the win.

Paperclip
1/24/2006, 11:54 PM
Quiet, JM. Here's a fark for you.

http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/2539/pridericola2pm.jpg

This reminds me of when Virgil Starkwell tried to play cello in the marching band.

proud gonzo
1/24/2006, 11:56 PM
Coach, whatever. I don't really remember anyone outside of the Pride calling him Coach, so I thought it would be confusing.

1) Everyone calls him Coach. I bet Barry Switzer calls him "Coach"
2) You should read my interview with Coach Thrailkill in which he repeated many times "Of course it's different. Duh, things are gonna change." In fact he, along with many other former pride members on this board, will be happy to list in detail the many ways the Pride has changed.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
1/25/2006, 10:35 AM
Last time I checked, our school colors are crimson and cream. Looks like those are the TWO colors represented on the uniforms with crimson pants and cream/white jackets. Also, if anyone is complaining about the new uniforms, as far as I can remember there has always been a white jacket/red pant combo and the new uniforms are an update of the jackets that Coach ordered in 1999 with the new, "uniformed" logo. The old jackets has the power OU logo. The red jackets where falling apart and the capes where fifteen different shades of white. Also, buying uniforms cost a small fortune so if anyone is willing to pony up the money, I bet they would love to have red jackets again.

1stTimeCaller
1/25/2006, 12:07 PM
I will throw the uteri wearing the pink shirt too.

Let's say, hypothetically speaking of course, that a guy had a pink hat. Would you throw him off of the stadium?

TIA

Jimminy Crimson
1/25/2006, 01:56 PM
1) Everyone calls him Coach. I bet Barry Switzer calls him "Coach"
2) You should read my interview with Coach Thrailkill in which he repeated many times "Of course it's different. Duh, things are gonna change." In fact he, along with many other former pride members on this board, will be happy to list in detail the many ways the Pride has changed for the worse.

:)

LoyalFan
1/25/2006, 09:23 PM

S'easy, they put lil' wheels on 'em. Countermarches, however, will be tough!

LF

LoyalFan
1/25/2006, 09:29 PM
I was hoping the double sided guitar was finally added.

A few years ago, 'cause I was dating the chick who was the assistant director, I rode to a game as a "chaperone" (Ha!) with a small Texas town's HS band. When the home team's band entered the stadium and marched around the track, there was a guy playing an electric bass marchin' along in the band.
There was some poor little runt in the rank ahead of him, pushing a cart with the amp and two speakers strapped to it. Weird!

LF