PDA

View Full Version : so, I heard this rumor that ty pennington is in Bartlesville.

oumartin
1/23/2006, 09:56 PM
doing an extreme makeover show for a mother of 10 that lost her husband. anyone else hear of this?

JohnnyMack
1/23/2006, 10:03 PM
www.extremesimmons.com

BajaOklahoma
1/23/2006, 10:15 PM
Tulsa area’s Simmons Homes teams up with Emmy nominated show.

BARTLESVILLE, OK – It was an unforgettable service at Bluestem Baptist Church that included a special program by Ty Pennington, team leader on ABC’s “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition,” announcing to the White family they have been selected from thousands of applicants to be on the receiving end of the extreme generosity. Simmons Homes, Oklahoma’s first “Extreme” builder, was selected to head up the project of completing the home in 106 hours of around-the-clock construction.

“It took no convincing for us to say yes,” said Greg Simmons, founder of Simmons Homes “Our talented team and local vendors are all ready to do the impossible. We were fortunate to enlist the support of many local vendors, and we are excited to be a part of history and change the future for this awesome family!”

The chosen homeowners are the deserving White family. In April, 2005, on his 19th wedding anniversary, Pastor John White suffered a fatal heart-attack. He left behind a widow and five children, now basically homeless. While John was the pastor at Bluestem Baptist Church, his family lived in the church parsonage. Following his death, his widow Danna and the children had to move to make the parsonage available to the church’s new pastor.

Members of the community and church have rallied around this family, holding several fundraising events to help the Whites find a place to live. Their efforts and the proceeds from the pastor’s life insurance allowed Danna to purchase two run-down trailers and some land. However, one trailer is an old modular office and they have no way of actually moving the trailers to their new property. The trailers also have no heat, no working kitchen, there are no locks on the doors, no carpet and there’s no power in the larger trailer. The kids have been staying with friends on especially cold nights.

Danna is struggling to make ends meet in order to support her children. In less than a year, the White’s have gone from a having a home with the church to a homeless, working family without a father. Despite all this, Danna is determined to carry on the legacy of her beloved husband and work as a missionary to help needy families.

In this episode of “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition,” Simmons Homes and the design team takes on a mission of their own, when they build a dream home for the pastor’s widow and her children so they can begin anew as Pastor White would’ve wanted.
Construction begins at 6 a.m. on Monday, January 23. The White’s new home will be completed only five days later on Saturday, January 28.

ABOUT ABC’S “EXTREME MAKEOVER: HOME EDITION”
The design team for this episode of “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition” will feature team leader Ty Pennington, as well as Michael Moloney, Tanya McQueen, Paige Hemmis, and Daniel Kucan. The episode, called “White Family,” is scheduled to air during the spring of 2006.
“Extreme Makeover: Home Edition” is produced by Endemol USA, a division of Endemol Holding. David Goldberg is the president of Endemol USA. The series is executive-produced by Tom Forman. The show airs Sundays (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET), on the ABC Television Network.

ABOUT SIMMONS HOMES
Simmons Homes was founded by Greg Simmons in 1994. For more than 11 years, families have turned to Simmons Homes to experience the dream of home ownership. Today, it is the Tulsa area’s premier home builder with a reputation for providing architectural innovation, tremendous quality, superior customer service and unmatched warranties. For more information visit www.simmonshomesok.com

Directions to build:
393420 W. 1400 Rd., Bartlesville, OK
- From HWY 75N
- West (left) onto W. 1500 Rd/ 9th St. for 2.9 mi
- Right onto North 3940 for .9mi
- Left onto W.1400 Rd.
- Build Site is the last house before the dead end

MEDIA CONTACT
Gail Monnot
918-693-4342
e-mail protected from spam bots
www.extremesimmons.com

picasso
1/23/2006, 10:17 PM
in the sticks in Dewey. it's been on the local news in Tulsa. said that crazy fella on TV with the bad haircut was here.

oumartin
1/23/2006, 10:24 PM
ah ha, north of Dewey, there were some home destroyed in that area about 4 years ago. One of my son's soccer teamates lost his home during his birthday party. the cake and table were untouched but the rest was gone.
Quite sad.

picasso
1/24/2006, 12:09 AM
I've still got scars on my arms from an 8th grade game I played on the raggedy Dewey football field.

oumartin
1/24/2006, 12:19 AM
they have built onto the Dewey schools it appears but I am not sure about their football field.. Maybe its better now too

OklahomaTuba
1/24/2006, 12:44 AM
www.extremesimmons.com

Those friggin signs are everywhere!

Boomhauer
1/24/2006, 08:03 AM
I was in Dewey last year as the Head Baseball/Softball coach there and Bro. White had a lot of respect from everyone in the community. I am very glad to hear that this is happening to the family! Really a shock to the whole community that this happened to a great guy!

As far as the facilities in Dewey.....yeah they are there. There needs to be a lot of work done to the baseball/softball facilities as they are about 10 years out of date. The football field is a whole lot better. They did build on to the school last year and it is a little bigger. Great people that teach there!