PDA

View Full Version : Gresham, according to rivals.com...

BASSooner
1/23/2006, 08:27 PM
..has narrowed it to 3 schools the cocaines, condoms, and us. I'd say he's a sooner without a doubt. USC doesn't need him cuz they already have TE commits(one a JUCO) and miami is stacked with tight ends. We need tight ends pretty badly considering JJ finley and aaron cummings are the only ones there sooo I think he's a sooner.

OUGreg723
1/23/2006, 08:30 PM
This is good. Wasn't he visiting LSU though? For his 3rd official?

BASSooner
1/23/2006, 08:34 PM
yeah but he had a last second change of thought.

BillyBall
1/23/2006, 08:34 PM
He didn't go. They cancelled on him so he took them off his list. He actually was in Norman with his basketball teammates for a tourny and was at the TT game. McCoy, Gresham, Brandon, and Brown were all there. McCoy got the chant from the crowd though.....

BASSooner
1/23/2006, 08:35 PM
McCoy HAS to be a sooner.

OUGreg723
1/23/2006, 08:41 PM
McCoy HAS to be a sooner.

No Question.

BASSooner
1/23/2006, 08:46 PM
No Question.
Exactly. I just don't understand that at all. He is with a bunch of guys who committed to us already but he still says I don't know? I think he knows I just have no idea why he's "holding out" until Feb. 1

BOOMERBRADLEY
1/23/2006, 08:48 PM
Because he can

BASSooner
1/23/2006, 08:52 PM
I can hold a full bladder for hours but I don't see why I would want to;)

OUGreg723
1/23/2006, 09:01 PM
I can hold a full bladder for hours but I don't see why I would want to;)

haha, yeah that is a good point. I think he just likes the attention. Heck, I'd like it too. He'll sign with us, It's meant to be.

He says it all comes down to where he is most comfortable. That's gotta be in Oklahoma.

KingDavid
1/24/2006, 02:55 AM
haha, yeah that is a good point. I think he just likes the attention. Heck, I'd like it too. He'll sign with us, It's meant to be.

He says it all comes down to where he is most comfortable. That's gotta be in Oklahoma.

This is one smart kid if you ask me. He's played all these schools for trips all over the country; and now he's building a marquee "brand" name through all this attention that will certainly never hurt him, but could help edge him into the national lime-light earlier for things like watch-lists, etc. He'll have to back it up with his play, of course. But all things being equal between him and Al Woods (and they're not - McCoy is better - but let's just say that they play the same for the next three years), who's name are people going to remember more? Who will have the edge in media-influenced awards (and to some extent, even draft status)?

Like I said, smart kid.

Frozen Sooner
1/24/2006, 10:43 AM
IF McCoy has already made his decision, he's holding off until Feb 1 to bring some national attention to his coaches and teammates on LOI day. He's been planning a public LOI day for quite a while.

Prodigal
1/24/2006, 11:29 AM
I'd agree that in this case, the recruit is waiting out of respect for his high school, not respect for himself.

The Consumate Showman
1/24/2006, 01:27 PM
IF McCoy has already made his decision, he's holding off until Feb 1 to bring some national attention to his coaches and teammates on LOI day. He's been planning a public LOI day for quite a while.

Yeah. Southeast is kinda a rough school as many schools in the metro are and they aren't just a perennial powerhouse like, say, Sante Fe, Jenks, Union, Carl Albert, Moore, and other top football schools in the state. I have no problem with him wanting to shed a little light on the coaching staff and school at Southeast. More power to him.

But I go back to an arguement I made earlier this month. McCoy, wherever he goes, is going to be stuck in that school for AT LEAST 3 three years of his life. The only time he is going to get to travel around ANY is when he goes on road trips. He will not be able to go to Miami on a whim and hang out at the beach or do the same at USC. He is kid wanting to take full advantage of his situation.

If you think about it, would you do they same? I would, even if I did know where I was going, I would still take a free trip, free meals and catering to for a weekend. Maybe that's being somewhat selfish, but I venture to assume that Gerald's family may not be as financially blessed as some kids are, and maybe they are, I don't know, all we can do here is try to answer questions that only one person or family ulitmately knows, and that is the McCoy's.

Wherever Gerald ends up, and I would bet 99.9% that he goes to OU, I and many other Oklahomans alike will be happy for him. It's not very often that you find a kid that is such and upstanding young individual as Gerald. He's a bright kid and had a firm head on his shoulders and will make a difference on any football team in D-1A....

Jimminy Crimson
1/24/2006, 01:38 PM
Santa Fe

fixed! :cool:

The Consumate Showman
1/24/2006, 01:43 PM
fixed! :cool:

Thanks!:cool:

Can't beleive I mispeled that...err....CRAP!

KingDavid
1/25/2006, 12:50 AM
Wherever Gerald ends up, and I would bet 99.9% that he goes to OU, I and many other Oklahomans alike will be happy for him. It's not very often that you find a kid that is such and upstanding young individual as Gerald. He's a bright kid and had a firm head on his shoulders and will make a difference on any football team in D-1A....

Well, I'm of the more popular opinion that if he doesn't go to OU we should move on down the line. ;)

Collier11
1/25/2006, 01:52 AM
careful with the rope and hunting down an AA statements

The Consumate Showman
1/25/2006, 09:28 AM
Well, I'm of the more popular opinion that if he doesn't go to OU we should get a rope and hunt him down. ;)

HEEL boy!!!;)

oukiks
1/29/2006, 08:56 PM
I'm little selfish I want gresham & GK & the OL and wide out that was with Bob at the BB game the last two are for 2007