PDA

View Full Version : Great pub at my University

JohnnyMack
1/23/2006, 05:22 PM
I always liked the Mont.

Hatfield
1/23/2006, 05:24 PM
eh...the did serve schmidts in a can which was nice.

1stTimeCaller
1/23/2006, 05:26 PM
eh...the did serve schmidts in a can which was nice.

was that the red can with the black panther on it?

Rhino
1/23/2006, 05:31 PM
OVER-RATED <clap clap clapclapclap>

soonerscuba
1/23/2006, 05:34 PM
over-rated: The Mont, Louie's, Al's

under-rated: service station, Champions, Louie's WS.

JohnnyMack
1/23/2006, 05:34 PM
OVER-RATED <clap clap clapclapclap>

Pay attention <clap clap clapclapclap>

yermom
1/23/2006, 05:36 PM
Mont. Swirls.

soonerscuba
1/23/2006, 05:42 PM
Mont. Swirls.

gay as a football bat?

yermom
1/23/2006, 05:44 PM
i'm secure in my masculinity :D

C&CDean
1/23/2006, 05:47 PM
gay as a football bat?

Huh? I'll have you know I've used many a swirl as a chaser to my shots of Crown. And I do not dip my wick into gentlemen, thank you very much.

And I like The Mont too. But I'm old, tired, and ain't all into the shennanigans/kiddy stuff/groovin' stuff our boy Rhino is. Just give me some queso, chips, a french dip w/swiss and mushrooms, and multiple shots of Crown with a beer or swirl back and I'm pretty much golden.

King Crimson
1/23/2006, 05:48 PM
who goes to Al's? just curious.

Service Station used to be a fave burger/fries of mine, but last time i went it was pretty average. heard they changed ownership.

My sister worked at the Mont, i don't think it's anything too special in the long haul. the building is cool, no doubt.

1stTimeCaller
1/23/2006, 05:50 PM
I was never a fan. I liked Red Dirt, Coach's, O'Connell's, Old #9. Other than than that I'd go anywhere to see a band I liked.

soonerscuba
1/23/2006, 05:51 PM
who goes to Al's? just curious.

When I need to get tanked on the cheap, $3.50 you-call-its gets it done. Otherwise it is a bit too loud for my tastes.

C&CDean
1/23/2006, 05:51 PM
Samurai!!!, Samurai!!!!, Samurai!!!!!

Whatever happened to Ichiro's little joint up on May?

TexasLidig8r
1/23/2006, 05:55 PM
IN the basement of the chemistry building on the campus of Rice University.. they used to have an old bar called..

Valhalla...

Served warm beer.. alot of it.. dirt cheap.

Saw a person take a leak on the floor there one time..

and it was a she!

Classic place.

King Crimson
1/23/2006, 05:56 PM
Liberty's D's (back inna day) had a great CFS sandwich. they used to have good Corona specials. but this is 10 years ago. i don't like Brothers much, but they used to have a pretty good burger....for lunch. back when they used to grind their own beef (so they said).

JohnnyMack
1/23/2006, 06:10 PM
I actually miss the Vista. NTN, crappy food and cheap pitchers. Woot!

1stTimeCaller
1/23/2006, 06:11 PM
oooooooooooohhhhhhh I loved jackpot bingo at the Vista

OklahomaTrombone
1/23/2006, 06:13 PM
The Vista and The Library

yermom
1/23/2006, 06:15 PM
i'm kinda sick of The Vista, but i always liked The Library

the name enough is just cool though

Hatfield
1/23/2006, 06:50 PM
was that the red can with the black panther on it?

yes.

the slogan on the can said it was the heart of the southwest or the beer of the southwest....something along those lines.

and it was brewed in Milwaukee.

Hatfield
1/23/2006, 06:51 PM
Huh? I'll have you know I've used many a swirl as a chaser to my shots of Crown. And I do not dip my wick into gentlemen, thank you very much.

And I like The Mont too. But I'm old, tired, and ain't all into the shennanigans/kiddy stuff/groovin' stuff our boy Rhino is. Just give me some queso, chips, a french dip w/swiss and mushrooms, and multiple shots of Crown with a beer or swirl back and I'm pretty much golden.

this post explains volumes in the mysteries of Dean.

Sooner_Havok
1/23/2006, 07:29 PM
I like the Library. You can go in, grab a few pints, and carry on a conversation without having to scream at the top of your lungs.

proud gonzo
1/23/2006, 07:58 PM
I don't like smelling like the library though

soonerscuba
1/23/2006, 08:04 PM
what don't care for eau d'hippy and cigarettes?

I like the library though.

OklahomaTrombone
1/23/2006, 08:09 PM
I don't like smelling like the library though

then sit outside....

jps
1/23/2006, 09:45 PM
I like the Library. You can go in, grab a few pints, and carry on a conversation without having to scream at the top of your lungs.

The Library was great. A long time ago i lived in that red roof house across from the SAE house. stumbling distance to the library. good times.

Liberty D's was good as well. I remember i saw barry sanders walk in there one time.

Rhino
1/24/2006, 12:08 AM
The Library owns. Lovely beers, delicious pizza and pretzels. Mmm.

And I like The Mont too. But I'm old, tired, and ain't all into the shennanigans/kiddy stuff/groovin' stuff our boy Rhino is. Just give me some queso, chips, a french dip w/swiss and mushrooms, and multiple shots of Crown with a beer or swirl back and I'm pretty much golden. The Mont is the like the overpriced, uppidity version of a sorority hangout. However, I'll admit I've had fun there before. I think being here for as long as I have allow people to underestimate my age. I'm no spring chicken and hardly a kid. Ask Lil, she'll tell you that I'm old. I complain about everything but Matlock.

Whatever happened to Ichiro's little joint up on May? Closed up, I think got turned into a shopping center. Word was, Ichiro had a hard time dealing with his son's suicide and just kinda let the place go and had to shut it down. Last I heard, he was a chef for some hotel in east OKC. Last time I was there, I got to be a flashlight holder for The Flaming Lips' music video for 'Yoshimi...'.

oooooooooooohhhhhhh I loved jackpot bingo at the Vista I won half of $25 once. Cheap Shiner Bock rules.

King Crimson
1/24/2006, 12:37 AM
was Samurai (II) that downstairs place with the all the red booths?

i saw a lot of 80's indie shows there.