PDA

View Full Version : The official Sunny Galloway must go thread

1stTimeCaller
1/23/2006, 02:52 PM
Sunny needs to be fired. The BS yet brilliant coup he masterminded to get himself the job should be reason alone.

I'm not saying he had anything to do with Larry's departure but he is 100% responsible for the scholarship fiasco.

He tells a few kids 'Hey I'm going to give you a full scholly although you were at 25 or 50%, when this goes down I'll need to back it off a little but you you'll get more than you have now. The new coach comes in, sees that OU is over on schollys, goes back to Wichita State. Sunny gets the job, immediatly yanks his nephew's 100% scholly and trims back a few others. Voila!!! Sunny is the HC and OU is at the scholly limit.

He is not allowed on Seminole's campus, nor Connors State's to recruit. I wonder why? Perry Keith used to send tons of guys to ORU when Sunny was there.

Sunny, it's a small world. Karma's a bitch.

critical_phil
1/23/2006, 02:54 PM
somebody's full of p!ss and vinegar today..........

Ardmore_Sooner
1/23/2006, 09:13 PM
link?

Collier11
1/23/2006, 10:54 PM
Wow!!! Ou fans can never be happy about anything...The guy is the reason that we even made the big 12 tourney last year, and as much as I loved cochell he kind of dug his own grave. Give the guy a chance, he was a hell of a coach at ORU

1stTimeCaller
1/24/2006, 10:18 AM
Wow!!! Ou fans can never be happy about anything...The guy is the reason that we even made the big 12 tourney last year, and as much as I loved cochell he kind of dug his own grave. Give the guy a chance, he was a hell of a coach at ORU

This guy is the reason we were over the NCAA scholarship limit and Stephenson quit creating a nice PR fiasco. ORU refuses to schedule OU anymore because of Sunny. The best two JuCos in the state will not allow him on their campus'.

Oh well, his last few years at ORU he had bought into the Larry Cochell School of Baseball that believes kids from California are better players than kids from Oklahoma, so the JuCos banning Sunny shouldn't matter to OU recruiting.

Dio
1/24/2006, 11:31 AM
I think it's Chuck Long's fault, myself.

BoomerJack
1/24/2006, 01:05 PM
So Galloway can't set foot on Seminoe and Connors JC campus' because he told some kids they would get more scholarship percentages than he was able to deliver. And this, in turn, scared off the Wichita State coach from taking the HC job at OU.

It must not have been much of a fiasco since Galloway is still employed by the athletic department. I think if it were serious enough, Joe C. would have run him off and/or the Big XII and NCAA would be crawling all over the department looking to put the program on probation, etc.

If, in fact, Seminole and Connors have banned Galloway, it's unfortunate and hopefully that situation can be corrected sooner rather than later.

1stTimeCaller
1/24/2006, 01:46 PM
So Galloway can't set foot on Seminoe and Connors JC campus' because he told some kids they would get more scholarship percentages than he was able to deliver. And this, in turn, scared off the Wichita State coach from taking the HC job at OU.

It must not have been much of a fiasco since Galloway is still employed by the athletic department. I think if it were serious enough, Joe C. would have run him off and/or the Big XII and NCAA would be crawling all over the department looking to put the program on probation, etc.

If, in fact, Seminole and Connors have banned Galloway, it's unfortunate and hopefully that situation can be corrected sooner rather than later.

I'll walk you through this.
Cochell gets fired.
None of the other guys from the NC team endorse Sunny for the job. Sunny being a member of the NC staff should have been a shoo in but nobody wanted him for the job.
Sunny tells a few kids already on scholly at OU, 'Hey I'm going to up your scholly, it will put us over the limit and after this comes out I'll back it down to get us under but you will end up with more than you have now.' He gives his nephew a 100% scholly. His nephew is a right fielder.
Gene Stephens gets hired, sees how many schollys OU has given out. Quits.
Sunny gets the job. His plan worked.
Sunny yanks his nephew's scholarship. All 100% of it. Backs down the % for the few guys that he had bumped up to get OU at the NCAA limit thereby avoiding any NCAA infractions.

How many right fielders in the NCAA have 100% scholarships? 0.

If you don't believe me go back and see why the WSU coach left after one day on the job and then see if OU has any scholarship problems with the NCAA when the season starts.

The JuCo coaches have been lied to and stabbed in the back too many times by Sunny. They have seen his promises to their kids not happen too many times.

okienole3
1/24/2006, 02:12 PM
He was a hell of a PE Teacher at Whittier Middle School when I was in the 7th grade.

Collier11
1/24/2006, 02:38 PM
college baseball players dont get full schollys regardless unless it is a-rod reincarnated. If golloway wins we will all love him and if he doesnt then this will all come up again so lets just give the guy a chance

1stTimeCaller
1/24/2006, 02:53 PM
fair enough. but some pitchers do get 100% scholarships.

BoomerJack
1/24/2006, 03:01 PM
1stTime Caller: Thank for the more detailed theory but it's a little much for me to get my head completely around it today.

My understanding of the "over-selling" of scholly's is due to the the possibililties of current and prospective players signing pro contracts in June and therefore not being able to play the following spring. It was explained as such during the aftermath of the Stephens hiring/resignation situation. It wasn't the first time it has happened in Norman and problably happens to most if not all programs around the country. And if the NCAA has a problem with how many scholly's the OU baseball team is taking up, it seems to me they would have said something by now. The season starts on Feb. 3, less than two weeks from now.

The 100% ship given to a right-fielder. I don't know for sure but I think you are referencing Kody Kaiser, a freshman on last years team. Yeah, a full ride is a lot to give one kid but from the info on the soonersports website about Mr. Kaiser, it appears that he's a pretty good ballplayer. When did Kaiser get this full ride? When Cochell was HC or after he was fired and Kaiser was already playing for him?

As for the Seminole and Connors States coaches being fed up with Golloways' treachery, did this just occur over the last two and a half years or is it a carry over from Golloway's stint at ORU? Regardless, it is unfortunate if true and hopefully fences can be mended.

stoopified
1/24/2006, 03:50 PM
Over signing is the norm in college baseball and Sunny did nothing wrong.Gene is a coward and was looking for an excuse to go back to Wussy State.All that matters is that you mett scholly limits by start of spring ( which we did.This is OLD news and was covered back when Galloway was hired.

1stTimeCaller
1/24/2006, 03:58 PM
being deceitful and coniving wasn't covered. Sunny not being allowed on the top 2 baseball JuCos in the midwest was not covered. The how's and why's were not covered.

giving right fielders 100% schollys is not the norm. yanking their 100% scholly is not the norm. bumping up a few players % to purposefully go over the NCAA limit is not the norm.

BoomerJack
1/24/2006, 05:15 PM
1stTime, tell us the whys and hows Golloway isn't allowed at Seminole and Connors?

1stTimeCaller
1/24/2006, 06:07 PM
I'm not 100% sure why he's not allowed on Seminole's campus but he's not allowed on Connors' campus because Perry is tired of seeing Sunny lie to his kids. Not treating them right once they were at ORU and now OU. Being a back-stabbing jerk basically.

BoomerJack
1/24/2006, 06:47 PM
Thanks 1stTime. That clears it up a bit. It appears that it wasn't for anything Golloway has done since back at OU. Mostly during his time at ORU. I might note that soonersports.com shows that there hasn't been a transfer from Connors on the OU baseball team spring roster since 2004. That kid was senior that year.

There are presently three transfers from Seminole on the current spring roster. One of whom is Jimmy Rollins, classified as a Junior and whose name does not appear on the 2005 spring roster. From this, it appears that whatever transgression Golloway committed was done since Rollins signed with the Sooners sometime last fall.

And like I said before, hopefully fences can be mended with these JUCO programs in time. Perhaps with the addition of the new assistant from Grayson Co. CC this will happen sooner than later.

As to the over-selling of scholly's, etc. I still believe that this happens quite often for reasons noted. I find it hard to believe that the WSU panicked about the situation that was the result of Machiavellian acts by Golloway. I think he, Stephens, realized he would miss the program he worked so hard to build at WSU. And until Golloway screws it up on the field or with the NCAA, I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt.

Ardmore_Sooner
1/25/2006, 02:09 PM
I'm not 100% sure why he's not allowed on Seminole's campus but he's not allowed on Connors' campus because Perry is tired of seeing Sunny lie to his kids. Not treating them right once they were at ORU and now OU. Being a back-stabbing jerk basically.

So you know him personally to be a jerk and know all this information first hand. I have had the oppurtunity to talk to Coach Golloway and he is a very respectful christian man. I agree with BoomerJack, if it had been that big of a problem he wouldn't be the coach right now. Is Sampson going to be fired because of the whole phone call to recruits debacle? No. Then why would something that hasn't even made a headline get rid of Golloway?

1stTimeCaller
1/25/2006, 02:18 PM
did you play for Sunny? do you know him personally? Do you know his in-laws?

Ardmore_Sooner
1/25/2006, 07:39 PM
I dunno do you know him personally, do you know all your allegations to be true? I asked for a link for some background info and never got any, and until I read something your word is nothing more than poppycock.

Collier11
1/26/2006, 02:33 AM
YOu keep saying this stuff 1st time but you havent given us a quote or a link or anything. I have never heard that he wasnt allowed on the campus of either school from anybody, and rholinger is his nephew and only came back to ou since golloway was hired, he along with others who came back were gonna transfer after cochell got fired. You seem like its a personal hatred rather than a factual "galloway is a ****-up" hatred

1stTimeCaller
1/26/2006, 09:12 AM
Kody Kaiser is his nephew that was given a 100% scholly then had it yanked.

I don't care if you believe me or not.

Collier, do you personally know either of the coaches at the JuCos mentioned? Do you talk to former ADs from ORU on a regular basis? Do you know any assistants at OU? Have you been around Sunny much?

I guess I shouldn't have said anything.

BoomerJack
1/26/2006, 02:21 PM
I'm wearing out my Louisville Slugger beating this dead horse.

If I were Kaiser and had a full 'ship yanked or reduced after the year I had in 2005, I would have figured out a way to go pro and not even returned to school in Sept. 2005. Uncle or no uncle.

As for the animosity that the coaches at Seminole and Connors have for Golloway, OK, I believe you. You claim to have an inside track on their feelings and attitudes that I can't deny or disprove. It's unfortunate that rift is there and hopefully, fences can be mended over time. But regardless, it's not like strong pipeline from those two JC's is being closed because of it.

And, 1stTime, as far a you bringing this up, I appreciate it. It's something I'm going to keep in mind as I follow the program.

1stTimeCaller
1/26/2006, 03:00 PM
I do hope this turns out better than I think it will. Hell, I hope it turns out that I'm full of ****.

Collier11
1/26/2006, 04:58 PM
Im not beating you down 1st time, im just asking where you get this from. NOt that you are a dishonest person cus Im sure you are a great guy, but anyone can come on here and say they know this person or that person but we have know way of knowing who is full of it and who is honest, thats why I asked for an article, link, or something. I stand corrected, I said rholinger and it is kaiser I apologize for that. Dont take it personal, its just hard to know on these boards who is real but I wasnt coming after you

1stTimeCaller
1/26/2006, 05:03 PM
Collier, I know man. I shouldn't have posted anything at all because there are no articles for me to post. PM on the way :)

Ardmore_Sooner
1/26/2006, 09:20 PM
Same here 1stTime I wasn't trying to bash you either. I've been waiting the past 24 hours for a neg spek. Sooners gotta stick together!

Ike
1/27/2006, 04:33 PM
Interesting info 1sttime. I haven't been to this forum in forever, but I was wondering if you can provide some linkage to back up your claims.

1/28/2006, 12:14 PM
changeing sub. what ever happen to blake hurlbutt and lafringe hayes these two guy have it good at ou

Brasky7
1/28/2006, 07:52 PM
did you play for Sunny? do you know him personally? Do you know his in-laws?

lol, i was half expecting you to ask if we knew him, if he called us at home, if we had a dorsal fin...

:D

(from ace ventura)

sportsproducer
1/29/2006, 10:33 PM
That's funny. I met Eric Myers (Seminole JUCO Baseball HC) at an OU practice last week. And How did the Sooners sign Jimmy Rollins if he is not allowed on Campus?
Final Question if no one on the 2004 National Championship team does not support him then why was both of the Minor Brother, Javier Flores and Rich Hills at the Baseball banquet on Friday.

Why is it that in the Fall, Mark Redmon, Bucky Buckles, Rich Hills, Rick Gutierez, both of the Monor Twins and Darvon Traylor all come back to speak to the team on Sunny's request?

I guess next you are going to tell us that he held a gun to Rohligner's, McCutcheon's and K Smith's head so they would not sign pro contracts and come back for a senior season. It's funny the only people I see that have issues with Sunny are freinds/admirer's of a certian former pitching coach who was let go or Candy A$$e$. You sound like you could be both.

walkoffsooner
1/31/2006, 01:45 AM
I questioned a insider this weekend 1ST time caller is pretty much right I dont think he mentioned letter to the AD that was forged.

Big Red Ron
1/31/2006, 02:38 PM
I heard Rich Hills on the Sports Animal the other day and he said Sunny will do a great Job at OU and he enjoyed Sunny's coaching durung the 1994 World Series Championship.

suncoastsooner7
1/31/2006, 03:17 PM
It's funny the only people I see that have issues with Sunny are freinds/admirer's of a certian former pitching coach who was let go or Candy A$$e$. You sound like you could be both.

Heh, haven't read this forum in over a year now. I don't wish Sunny to fail by any means and I don't have loyalty former pitching coaches, nor do I believe that I am a candy ***. Having said all this Sunny's hiring did disturb a little bit. I don't make out for many baseball series but when I am in OKlahoma during baseball season I go to the games. We two years ago with my family, a colleague of mine, and his family to the Texass and Baylor series. Sunny's 3rd base coaching was attrocious in all the games. We could have... no we should have taken two of three from texass in that series. We certainly out played them but Sunny made mistake after mistake in regards to base running; mistakes that cost us this series.

Hope Sunny turns this program around and gets it back to the upper echelon.

sportsproducer
1/31/2006, 05:40 PM
I'll say this. I have watched plenty of OU baseball since i have been back in the satte over the last decade. from roughly '97 on you could see these teams slowly slip into a coma during the season. Many times these kids loked as if they never ran or so much as lifted a weight. They seemed soft and did not have fire to hit the ball out of the infield.

Last May was the first time I wittnessed an OU team in over a decade play some real gutsy baseball. Maybe the only other time during that decade was the '97 Big 12 tourny. I spoke with most of the players over the summer and this last fall. They all feel that for the first time since they been here everyone is on the same page, knowing what it takes to win. It's not just what you do during the game but what is done in preperation of the game, season. This includes training, how you eat slepp etc.

Sunny can be a hard a$$. And there are those who can not simply take it . There are also a lot of FALSE RUMORS floating out there about this guy. I have checked many of these and they where simply wrong. AS a matter of fact it was Enos Seymore who insisted on pushing a contract at the WSU coach when at the time the committe had chosen Sunny.

If things go south, which they won't I will be the first to come on here and say I was wrong. Of course that may not mean anything to you guys as this is only my fourth post on thie board.

1stTimeCaller
1/31/2006, 05:59 PM
Sonny is not near the hard *** that Perry Keith is. Perry is not near the back stabbing conniving jerk that Sonny is.

I guess you should count me in as a candy *** because I'm no' freinds/admirer's of a certian former pitching coach who was let go'.

Apparently I was wrong about Seminole not letting Sonny on campus. I humbly apologize for the misinformation on that one piece of false information. I stand by the Connors State statement and the scholarships 100%.

King Crimson
1/31/2006, 07:13 PM
i'm not going to weigh in on the entire issue here, because i simply don't know. but, months ago 1st Time Caller and I had a conversation on this self-same board about a relative of mine and one of his that played for Sunny at ORU.

So, if anyone is doubting his claim to having first hand knowledge.....i'll just say that i think he does.....he stated it long before this topic was an issue.

Big Red Ron
1/31/2006, 07:16 PM
i'm not going to weigh in on the entire issue here, because i simply don't know. but, months ago 1st Time Caller and I had a conversation on this self-same board about a relative of mine and one of his that played for Sunny at ORU.

So, if anyone is doubting his claim to having first hand knowledge.....i'll just say that i think he does.....he stated it long before this topic was an issue.I think, the fact that 1st timer has an axe to grind lends even less to his argument. Especially since he's been shown to be wrong about his most outlandish claim.

I just hope we win. I'm tired of our current place in the big XII.

sportsproducer
1/31/2006, 08:40 PM
Actually after thinking about it I should not have used the candy a$$ reference myself. I'm new to this board and getting fired up the first time out is probably not the right way to start off.

I do realise that I have a lot more tolerance than most folks and truct me I can see where a person like Sunny Golloway could rub folks the wrong way. I do know one thing, before I ever got involved I was told at least 10 different rumors about Coach Gollaway. I spoke with folks at both Universities as well as current and former players. 95% of the stories where completly false. The other 5% had a lot of fabrications to them. Much like the Kaiser scholarship issue. There is a lot more to this story. As a matter of fact most of the scholarship issue brought about by Coach Stephenson was becasue he anticipated a huge defection by players. They rallied together and he realised he would not be able to bring in any of his own guys. That story came from several current players.

Another issue where the draftees who chose to stay and not sign a pro contract. And yes it was at Coach Golloway and his staff's recruiting basically. I also know of two players that the former Head Coach, who I loved dearly was going to basically say they did not have a schoilarship. These players whre not last year and still are not today real contributers to the team. However both of them told me that it was Coach Golloway, before last season even began who said that OU had made a commitment to them and they where going to keep it. Like I said earlier I will be the first to come on here and admit I was wrong if all goes south. Hopefully I will be above double digit posts by then. :-)

CobraKai
1/31/2006, 11:00 PM
Final Question if no one on the 2004 National Championship team does not support him then why was both of the Minor Brother, Javier Flores and Rich Hills at the Baseball banquet on Friday.

Why is it that in the Fall, Mark Redmon, Bucky Buckles, Rich Hills, Rick Gutierez, both of the Monor Twins and Darvon Traylor all come back to speak to the team on Sunny's request?

Mark Redmon was a pretty vocal supporter for Sunny on Tulsa radio, where Mark now resides in the off season. He even made some comment about now having to get out his checkbook to donate to the program, or something to that effect.

walkoffsooner
2/1/2006, 04:30 PM
1St time caller have you heard who leaked comments by cochell to press dig into that if you really want to get upset.

sportsproducer
2/1/2006, 10:57 PM
No one had time to leak the Cochelle statement to the press. ESPN reported it at 4:00 pm the next afternoon, some 15 minutes after they first disgussed it with Joe Castiglione. The reason I know this is that Iwas with the ESPN crew that entire series with Nebraska.
Gary Thorne met with Joe late that Friday afternoon and boom it's on Sports Center 15 minutes later. ESPN handled that very poorly. Most of us on the crew thought that LC had no chance. No one in the local media had a clue until Sports Center came out with it. Heck, virtually nobody around L. Dale Mitchell had a clue as to what was going on, coaches, players anybody.

What we all thought was funny was how we knew that Thorne had just informed Joe C for the first time just a few minutes before and they added to the ESPN report..."Even though Cochelle made these comments on Tuesday he was still on the bench last night in game 1 of the series vs, Nebraska," There where people on that crew that could care less about OU and they thought that was a cheap shot to the Admin.

walkoffsooner
2/2/2006, 02:16 AM
Larry knows because he was at that series also.

Jay C. Upchurch
2/3/2006, 06:04 PM
Gotta agree with some of the posters here who question the authenticity of 1stTimeCaller's statements. Unless you can provide written proof or witnesses to back up your accusations, you should avoid name calling and personal attacks on any OU coach.

I've been around Sunny for the last few years and find him to be a very personable fella and a good baseball man. Granted, I don't know the details of his recruiting tactics or any off-the-field antics, but until I hear hard proof of such behavior, I chose to believe the best.

In fact, I'll make the effort to ask about the Connor's deal this coming week.

OUmillenium
2/14/2006, 11:19 AM
I know of more than 2 Tulsa area HS baseball coaches/assistant coaches who do not have a "favorable" opinion of S Galloway. They do try to stay objective in the recruiting process when he is involved, however.

Stanley1
2/17/2006, 10:52 AM
Several years ago I though Galloway would be a good coach at OU if given the chance. Now.....not so much.

I think you'll see him put a very mediocre product on the field at OU, and will in time be fired. Really wish we'd have went a different direction with this one.

Echoes
2/17/2006, 11:36 AM
Regarding if players get 100% or not... I do believe my friend who pitchers for OSU is on a 100%, but like someone said, he is a pitcher... He went to Connors then to Cowley. If I remember OU didn't even look at him, maybe due to the fact of where he went to school. It's a shame because he is a great pitcher, I think he is OSU's #2 or 3 now.

1stTimeCaller
2/17/2006, 11:38 AM
Cowley County and Connors are great JC programs

Ike
2/17/2006, 11:52 AM
Regarding if players get 100% or not... I do believe my friend who pitchers for OSU is on a 100%, but like someone said, he is a pitcher... He went to Connors then to Cowley. If I remember OU didn't even look at him, maybe due to the fact of where he went to school. It's a shame because he is a great pitcher, I think he is OSU's #2 or 3 now.

its doubtful that he is on 100% baseball. with only something like 11.2 (or is it 11.7...something like that?) full 'ships to give, this kind of thing is really rare, and I would argue especially for pitchers, unless maybe he is a badass closer, since they are the only ones that could even approach being able to pitch in every game. for starters, I just can't see it. maybe for a #1, but not a #2-#5.

now, it very well could be that the school is able to find some other money for him. academic scholarships are common among baseball players...if the guy has even half a brain, he probably qualifies for a few of those. thats one of the common methods that schools use to fill the gaps created by the limit. When I played (NAIA, which does have a higher scholly limit), our coach only had to pitch in a small amount of baseball money to take me up to 100%, since I qualified, and got, damn near enough academic money to pay for the whole thing.

then again, if OSU has a bunch of people on academic money, its possible that they might have room for one or two 100%ers

1stTimeCaller
2/17/2006, 12:36 PM
what Ike said. When my brother was at ORU they used his Pell Grant first then Work Study then academic scholarship before they allotted him his baseball scholly and it ended up at 100%, same thing when he was in JC.

JRAM
2/20/2006, 11:03 AM
I say to the idiot first time caller, back slowly away fromyour computer and try as best that you can to pull your brainless head out of your filthy ***.

1stTimeCaller
2/20/2006, 11:39 AM
I say to the idiot first time caller, back slowly away fromyour computer and try as best that you can to pull your brainless head out of your filthy ***.

great job on debating or refuting my points. You get two gold stars!!!:rolleyes:

1stTimeCaller
2/20/2006, 11:51 AM

you kiss your boyfriend with that mouth? :D

Ardmore_Sooner
2/21/2006, 02:49 AM
I thought this thread was dead?

sportsproducer
2/21/2006, 10:25 PM
Ardmore, Nobody should ever let truthful fact bearing threads like this one die.:D

1stTimeCaller
2/22/2006, 10:57 AM
:rolleyes:

okienole3
3/7/2006, 11:21 PM
Jay must not of liked what he found out.

sportsproducer
3/7/2006, 11:27 PM
Or he found nothing and decided it's not worth his time to even respond.

Have to say so far that Sunny and his staff have thi steam playing very well.

C&CDean
3/8/2006, 05:16 PM
Dang, I haven't been over here in years either. I knew 1TC was a peckerhead on the SO, but I didn't know he was here too.

Sounds to me like somebody (or somebody's brother maybe?) got snubbed by Sunny at some point and somebody (or somebody's brother maybe?) is bitter about it. I ain't saying all the "allegations" ain't true, I'm just saying until somebody shows me something - besides some miscreant like 1TC's schtuff - then I'll be more inclined to believe it.

I don't know enough about the inner workings of the program to comment one way or the other. All I know is I'll be at LDM hollering for the boys.

Ardmore_Sooner
3/8/2006, 09:46 PM
Dang, I haven't been over here in years either. I knew 1TC was a peckerhead on the SO, but I didn't know he was here too.

Sounds to me like somebody (or somebody's brother maybe?) got snubbed by Sunny at some point and somebody (or somebody's brother maybe?) is bitter about it. I ain't saying all the "allegations" ain't true, I'm just saying until somebody shows me something - besides some miscreant like 1TC's schtuff - then I'll be more inclined to believe it.

I don't know enough about the inner workings of the program to comment one way or the other. All I know is I'll be at LDM hollering for the boys.

You make all the games Dean?

sportsproducer
3/8/2006, 11:01 PM
You know I'm not sure what all the hub bub is about either. I know virtually every one of the ball players and have had opportunities to discuss Sunny and the satff with them. To a Tee every one I have spoke with love this staff as both coaches and people. Everytime I hear about this player is upset becasue this schilarship or this amun is upset because a certian coach got another certain coach fired, i try to run it down and always find nothing.

I will say this Sunny is a hard nosed play it by the rules of the game field general. His isdea is teach between the games and manage during the game. He is definatley not as laid back as Coach Cochelle became over the past 5 years. I can see where he may rub someone the wrong way. Not everyone is as hard nosed as he is. But he idd not lose one quality player form last years team and so far all that has returned are better now than they where at this time last year.

As for any JUCO coach having issues. Well what that comes down to is "know your role!!" If one wants to be a D! head coach then go apply. If you have personal issues with a D! coach that is between you and him and not your players. It is your job as a JUCO coach to make sure your players find themselves in the best possible situation they can find ON THE FIELD!! if your personal issues get in the way then maybe you should go coach something else. I do not know of any situation with any other JUCO coach. I know one was brought up earlier in this thread and I know that same coach was at LDM last fall chatting away with the whole staff.

As for right now. Golloway and staff has these guys playing very good baseball and I feel they will improve as the year go along. Weather has been great it's time to support the team.

C&CDean
3/9/2006, 03:12 PM
You make all the games Dean?

Oh heck no. I wish. I travel 2-3 times per month during the week. I try to make the Friday games, and some of the weekend games (although working the ranch has put a real damper on that). Sometimes I only have time to swing by and watch an inning or two from the berm in right field, and sometimes I have time to come in a sit for a whole game.

Sooner24
6/5/2006, 10:18 PM
Sunny Galloway must go!!!!!

To Houston, along with the rest of the team, to play Rice.

:D

stoopified
6/5/2006, 10:40 PM
From Galloway to all you doubters; HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW!

SoonerDood
6/11/2006, 09:02 PM
was this thread started by the Non-partisan Anti-Kelvin/Chuck League?

goingoneight
6/19/2006, 11:13 PM

They're still p!ssed that they were wrong about Stoops... I'm glad we have a bunch of blind haters "supporting" OUr best athletic director yet.

Stanley1
6/19/2006, 11:14 PM

:rolleyes:

jdsooner
6/20/2006, 11:06 AM
He must stay and continue to fight! Give 'em hell, Sunny!!

Sooner24
3/14/2007, 05:56 PM
I'm still happy with SG.

Big Red Ron
3/14/2007, 06:50 PM
Sunny Galloway Suckshttp://web.tiscali.it/fabioracco2/images/Whois16.gif

:twinkies:

SoonerStormchaser
3/15/2007, 09:23 AM
Sunny needs to be fired. The BS yet brilliant coup he masterminded to get himself the job should be reason alone.

I'm not saying he had anything to do with Larry's departure but he is 100% responsible for the scholarship fiasco.

He tells a few kids 'Hey I'm going to give you a full scholly although you were at 25 or 50%, when this goes down I'll need to back it off a little but you you'll get more than you have now. The new coach comes in, sees that OU is over on schollys, goes back to Wichita State. Sunny gets the job, immediatly yanks his nephew's 100% scholly and trims back a few others. Voila!!! Sunny is the HC and OU is at the scholly limit.

He is not allowed on Seminole's campus, nor Connors State's to recruit. I wonder why? Perry Keith used to send tons of guys to ORU when Sunny was there.

Sunny, it's a small world. Karma's a bitch.

Yah, how's that working out for you now?

1stTimeCaller
3/15/2007, 06:06 PM
Pretty good.

His nephew leaving kinda confirms my accusations about the scholarship fiasco doesn't it?

Sooner24
3/15/2007, 07:22 PM
If you can prove that's why he left then the answer is yes. Otherwise the answer is no.

Ardmore_Sooner
3/15/2007, 08:42 PM
The one game away from the CWS doesn't really matter does it 1stTime? :rolleyes:

1stTimeCaller
3/15/2007, 08:57 PM
I never said that he couldn't coach. I said that he's a ****** and the scholarship fiasco was 100% his doing.

Big Red Ron
3/15/2007, 09:07 PM
I never said that he couldn't coach. I said that he's a ****** and the scholarship fiasco was 100% his doing.That's cool. I'm just glad you turned out to be wrong. ;)

1stTimeCaller
3/15/2007, 09:09 PM
about what? the scholarship deal? Keep reading what John Rhode and Jenni Carlso tell you. :rolleyes:

Big Red Ron
3/15/2007, 09:15 PM
I do hope this turns out better than I think it will. Hell, I hope it turns out that I'm full of ****.
:rolleyes:I guess, I was just saying what you were saying. I'm glad you were wrong that he wouldn't be very good. I guess you are too.:rolleyes:

Sooner24
3/15/2007, 09:55 PM
I never said that he couldn't coach. I said that he's a ****** and the scholarship fiasco was 100% his doing.

Boy that "fiasco" you are so obsessed with sure has hurt our team.

We would have been so much better off with Gene Stephenson.

He would have coached three or four more years and we would be back at square one.

1stTimeCaller
3/15/2007, 11:17 PM
I guess, I was just saying what you were saying. I'm glad you were wrong that he wouldn't be very good. I guess you are too.:rolleyes:
again, I never said that he wasn't a good coach. Keep trying.

I'm glad we can base his career off of a season and an 1/8th.

stoopified
3/15/2007, 11:20 PM
Kicking this daed horse(1st time caller)is boring and the corpse is drawing filies.First off NO ONE gets full ride schollys for D-1 baseball and scondly oversigning classes is acommon and accepted practice as long as you get down to the limit in time.Thirdly Kaiser is a selfish punk who put himself above the team.Ihope Kody is happy at lower level OCU.

1stTimeCaller
3/15/2007, 11:26 PM
Please don't say that nobody get 100% schollies in baseball. Sunny gave his nephew one and then later yanked it.

Ah, you people don't want to know and I don't know why I care that you know the truth.

Here's to hoping the Sooners have a great year.

Also, I don't think it set very well with Kody and his dad that Sunny told Kody after a game that his mother would be embarrassed by his play and a few more comments on the same note.