PDA

View Full Version : if you didn't play football at OU...

PDXsooner
1/23/2006, 02:15 PM
then i don't see how you think you've earned the right to root for the sooners. you were doing beer bongs playing strip poker while the football players were giving their blood, sweat, and tears for this university. you don't know what it's like to play, you don't know what it's like to compete, so don't think you're a real fan.

so your parents wrote a check for your tuition? do you think that gives you a right to invest emotions in the football team? well, you're wrong. you can root for intramurals, but only if you actually played.

SouthFortySooner
1/23/2006, 02:19 PM
Now this is a thread one can sink their teeth into.

Cuz. I did play intramural football. Its where I learned a linebacker has to cover a pass. Who would have thought it?

CincySooner
1/23/2006, 02:41 PM
Now this is a thread one can sink their teeth into.

Cuz. I did play intramural football. Its where I learned a linebacker has to cover a pass. Who would have thought it?

who says you dont learn anything useful in college :)

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/23/2006, 02:50 PM
then i don't see how you think you've earned the right to root for the sooners. you were doing beer bongs playing strip poker while the football players were giving their blood, sweat, and tears for this university. you don't know what it's like to play, you don't know what it's like to compete, so don't think you're a real fan.

so your parents wrote a check for your tuition? do you think that gives you a right to invest emotions in the football team? well, you're wrong. you can root for intramurals, but only if you actually played.

Batteries are low in my sarcasm detector today...

Do you really believe this? I mean most of us fans never played football for the Sooners. The living football alumni wouldn't fit one section. Myself, I played a little minor league baseball in the Cardinal's organization but I never thought that I was a better Cards fans based on that thinking or that I was one of the only "real fans". I follow you that it sucks when you put in hours of practice, run sprints until you hurl and so on and you get booed by the home crowd for the first mistake you make but some of that is the nature of sports.

Now I detest the bandwagon jumpers and I've got an uncle that drives me up the wall because he likes OU football but KU basketball but I just don't see how suiting up for the team is a pre-requisite for really caring how they do. I'm probably less than a fan under your criteria because I'm not even an alumnus, but my parents are fans and I've been one since I was 9-10.

Some of the best fans any team has are people that couldn't catch a football if it were on a Playstation game.

SCOUT
1/23/2006, 02:54 PM
I would have played football for the Sooners. The only things holding me back were my size, speed and general ability.

FlatheadSooner
1/23/2006, 02:55 PM

Doesn't remodeling a house and raising two small children count for the "blood, sweat, and tears" portion. Oh, and I played rugby for OU so the beer bongs were required.
;)

SouthFortySooner
1/23/2006, 03:01 PM
I went out with a girl who played rugby. Wouldn't that cover me on the blood, sweat and tears.

DCSooner
1/23/2006, 03:05 PM
I kicked an OU players *** one time. Man was he hairy. Last I heard he was playing stupid golf somewhere.

rbgw
1/23/2006, 03:07 PM
Blood Sweat and Tears huh.........I have a couple of their albums. I guess I'm in.

IronSooner
1/23/2006, 03:11 PM
I played football while in college a few times...mostly outside my apartment complex. I wore OU gear while I did so at least once, and while I mostly sweated I think I drew blood from someone else. An OU football player was on my team on one occasion. Am I good?

PDXsooner
1/23/2006, 04:04 PM

re-check those batteries ;)

TexasBoomer
1/23/2006, 05:10 PM
Played HS football, basketball, tennis, track in Texas and Oklahoma. Played intramural football and basketball at OU. Count me in as playing football at OU.

Besides our intramural team had 7 HS All-staters from texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi. Give us couple of more and we could beat any west coast team.
One of our players was all american, and was on full OU football scholarship, tore up his knees and Bud kept him on as an assistant freshman coach.

shavedmarmoset
1/23/2006, 05:28 PM
played HS football with an OU player does that count?

RooseveltRoughRider
1/23/2006, 05:31 PM
Coached an OU player (Tommy Harris-Ellison HS, Killeen,TX), and played against another one (Quentin Griffin, Aldine HS, Houston,TX)

PDXsooner
1/23/2006, 05:41 PM
nope, no cigar. you must have played. this is the new "2006 criteria"

RooseveltRoughRider
1/23/2006, 05:52 PM
lmao

OU-HSV
1/23/2006, 05:55 PM
This thread sucks...it is total athletic profiling...and as Ron White says Profiling is wrong!

OU-HSV
1/23/2006, 05:57 PM
I would have played football for the Sooners. The only things holding me back were my size, speed and general ability.
So you played for the Stoolwater Sheephumpers instead right:confused:
:D

snp
1/23/2006, 07:20 PM
I often cry and stab myself when playing NCAA 06 as OU. And my hand sweats occasionaly.

Phew, I'm safe.

Sooner_Havok
1/23/2006, 07:25 PM
A North Texas Offensive Line Man who was owned by Tommy Harris Picked me straight up out of my lawn chair at a party and gave me a Giant Sized Bear Hug that quickly sobered me up...Does that count?

snp
1/23/2006, 07:34 PM
I've also been punched by an OU football player. This year, even!

And partied with many, many more.

Who wants to touch me.

NickZeppelin
1/23/2006, 07:44 PM
This thread is right on. None of us should be OU fans nor should we comment on OU football because we've never played. This thread should be completely empty :D

OKC-SLC
1/23/2006, 07:44 PM
poser.

Stitch Face
1/23/2006, 09:07 PM

Do you really believe this? I mean most of us fans never played football for the Sooners. The living football alumni wouldn't fit one section. Myself, I played a little minor league baseball in the Cardinal's organization but I never thought that I was a better Cards fans based on that thinking or that I was one of the only "real fans". I follow you that it sucks when you put in hours of practice, run sprints until you hurl and so on and you get booed by the home crowd for the first mistake you make but some of that is the nature of sports.

Now I detest the bandwagon jumpers and I've got an uncle that drives me up the wall because he likes OU football but KU basketball but I just don't see how suiting up for the team is a pre-requisite for really caring how they do. I'm probably less than a fan under your criteria because I'm not even an alumnus, but my parents are fans and I've been one since I was 9-10.

Some of the best fans any team has are people that couldn't catch a football if it were on a Playstation game.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/433/hookline8kv.jpg

Yes! Finally got it to load.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/24/2006, 10:18 AM
Throw me back, I taste bad. :eek:

That's what I get for buying the cheap batteries. :O

PS: I have a little plastic football signed by Eric Moore. Does that qualify?

void
1/24/2006, 10:24 AM
ps2 count?

OU-HSV
1/24/2006, 04:05 PM
ps2 count?
I hope so..I'm in the year 2024 in one of my PS2 NCAA '06 Dynasties right now..haha. Of course now in that dynasty, I'm coaching/playing at Marshall so I guess I have to be a Thundering Turd fan now. Dangit!!

Okieflyer
1/24/2006, 04:23 PM
No really it should be "If your not playing for OU RIGHT NOW" then you can't support the Sooners.

OklahomaRed
1/24/2006, 05:48 PM
I ran into my uncle's car while wearing an OU t-shirt, while playing front yard football with some other OU football wana-be's who were also too small, too slow, and too ugly, and broke my tooth off. I bled quite a bit !!!

Am I in? :D

C&CDean
1/24/2006, 05:53 PM
I ran into my uncle's car while wearing an OU t-shirt, while playing front yard football with some other OU football wana-be's who were also too small, too slow, and too ugly, and broke my tooth off. I bled quite a bit !!!

Am I in? :D

No Mikey, you're not in. You didn't spill enough crimson.:P

TXBOOMER
1/24/2006, 07:31 PM
I played golf with Bob and Mike Stoops once. Can I be a Sooner fan?

Boffingham
1/25/2006, 05:40 AM
I paid for football tickets, which paid for football players, so i can cheer for the sooners

Tear Down This Wall
1/25/2006, 12:15 PM
I'm very proud to be a season ticket holder who never attended OU, much less played there. I chuckle to myself at the self-righteous Sooner grads who were scarce during the 1995-1998 seasons when I made my application for season tickets, changed seats to the exact spot I wanted them, and increased my claim to four seats.

Ah, yes...four seats rarely taken by OU grads...just people from a family with Oklahoma roots who didn't abandon the team during the lean years. So, I guess the overall lesson is - don't bitch about not having seats when plenty were available during the Gibbs-Blake years. You can sit your snotty arses down in the middle of the Van Vleet Oval, listening to what passes as the OU game broadcast with Bob and Merv, and wonder what we're all cheering about inside. Ingrates.