PDA

View Full Version : My Blonde Daughter v2.0

Okla-homey
1/22/2006, 02:21 PM
Okay, some of you remember my story about the kiddo calling from Auburn immediately post-Katrina worried about gas shortages and informing me she and her roomates had filled a bunch of gallon milk jugs with gasoline and set them on the back porch of the apartment just to be safe.

Here's the latest.

Kid calls mom yesterday afternoon to inform her she needs a new jacket, and has found one which is just the ticket and is "cute, cute, cute!" <whatever:rolleyes:>

Mom, to her credit opines; "but you have two coats AND a jacket."

Kid: "But mom, the coats are too dressy for everyday!"

Mom: "So what happened to that little North Face jacket you just had to have two years ago? Don't tell me its out of style because I see kids here in Tulsa wearing them all over the place."

Kid: "But mom, its kinda dingy looking. You know, dirty"

Mom: "Do they not have a dry-cleaners in that damn town?!"

Kid: "Yeah, but I just thought..."

Mom: "I'm busy, is that all?"

Kid: "Yes"

Game, set, match goes to Mom. I quake in fear for the future of our republic sometimes.:eek:

Melo
1/22/2006, 02:27 PM
Thats sad... I didnt even bring a third of my jackets to school, and i have 8 here with me. She should have more than three.

Jimminy Crimson
1/22/2006, 02:27 PM
'heh' for the daughter and spek to the wife!

jk the sooner fan
1/22/2006, 02:35 PM
daughter = pwn3d!!!!!!!

BajaOklahoma
1/22/2006, 02:56 PM
Ummm, my daughter pays for her own clothes and their upkeep. She has for several years. I have no clue what she spends or has in her closet.
Her brothers have done the same.

Okla-homey
1/22/2006, 03:04 PM
Ummm, my daughter pays for her own clothes and their upkeep. She has for several years. I have no clue what she spends or has in her closet.
Her brothers have done the same.

She buys alot of her own stuff too, but also tries to hit mom's purse occasionally. I don't fault her for that, I did the same thing. I fault her for not having her act together better before she made the call.:rolleyes:

SoonerInKCMO
1/22/2006, 03:07 PM
Thats sad... I didnt even bring a third of my jackets to school, and i have 8 here with me. She should have more than three.

I can't think of why anyone would need more than three or four - especially living in Texas or Alabama where you never really need to bust out the "oh-my-god-the-cold-hurts-so-bad-I-want-to-cry-but-can't-because-my-tear-ducts-are-frozen-shut" parka.

VeeJay
1/22/2006, 03:24 PM
Homey - my daughter is into:

- Coach leather stuff
- Any new arrival at Target up the street

She also changed the color of her hair again the other day.

In a short time span, it's gone from its natural dark brown to dark blonde and now to jet black. I am confused.

soonerbrat
1/22/2006, 03:25 PM

- Coach leather stuff

In a short time span, it's gone from its natural dark brown to dark blonde and now to jet black. I am confused.

Is Melo your daughter?

Okla-homey
1/22/2006, 03:39 PM

- Coach leather stuff

Her hair remains blonde. I think it a sorority rule or something.:D

Her gang (afterall, that's what those things are aren't they?) are big into some lady named Kate Spade for purses.

crimsonrose
1/22/2006, 03:47 PM

- Coach leather stuff

heh....she sounds like me...

GottaHavePride
1/22/2006, 03:48 PM

that's the difference between a girl and a guy. I have one jacket. It's an awesome jacket - leather, with a removable wool lining. Cost a lot, but I wear it every day if it's cold or rainy. I have 3 coats - a black overcoat to go over a suit, a leather field coat my granddad gave me, and a down coat that I've had for the past 8 years. I don't think I've worn either of those coats in about 3 years.

OklahomaTrombone
1/22/2006, 03:50 PM
Her hair remains blonde. I think it a sorority rule or something.:D

Her gang (afterall, that's what those things are aren't they?) are big into some lady named Kate Spade for purses.

Those are expensive.

proud gonzo
1/22/2006, 04:23 PM
I have a bunch of jackets that are more like shirts... in other words, I wear them inside because some of my classrooms are really frickin cold. As far as actual outerwear goes I have one heavy coat, one long dressy coat, one leather trench coat (not very warm--cost a whole $3), and one nice black leather jacket.

Melo
1/22/2006, 04:26 PM
I can't think of why anyone would need more than three or four - especially living in Texas or Alabama where you never really need to bust out the "oh-my-god-the-cold-hurts-so-bad-I-want-to-cry-but-can't-because-my-tear-ducts-are-frozen-shut" parka.

I have one coat. I have my letter jacket, which I spent a few hundred bucks on. Thats it for the really cold weather. All of the others are jackets. To me, a jacket can make an outfit. Jeans and a tshirt of tank look normal, but add a cute little jacket, and I think it dresses it up just a little bit more.

Dont get me wrong. All of my jackets will NOT really keep anyone warm. I would die if it were really cold outside.

I have more coats at home, though. Expensive ones. When my grandmother passed away, I got all of her dress coats and furs. She lived up in Pennsylvania, so she needed them, but I only get to look at them down here.

Okieflyer
1/22/2006, 04:31 PM
Before you know it, version 2.0 will be obsolete. Just wait for the v3.0 upgrade.

There should be a patch out soon for the blonde issue. ;)

afs
1/22/2006, 04:50 PM
I fault her for not having her act together better before she made the call.:rolleyes:
This is 75% of the entire process. I could get my parents to agree on anything, a trip to china, changing colleges after 6 days, trip to the orange bowl in 2000. the trick was preparing all the details, and guessing what their questions would be and having solid answers prepared.

almost like giving an Intel brief.

Frozen Sooner
1/22/2006, 04:53 PM
*sigh*

I own three coats/jackets for cold weather use.

Brown bomber jacket
Black suede car coat
Black suede jacket

That's it.

jk the sooner fan
1/22/2006, 05:15 PM
you live in alaska, you're allowed to own as many coats as you desire

and PG, maybe if you weighed more than 85 pounds, those classrooms might not be so cold ;)

proud gonzo
1/22/2006, 05:18 PM
you live in alaska, you're allowed to own as many coats as you desire

and PG, maybe if you weighed more than 85 pounds, those classrooms might not be so cold ;)
I weigh 105 lbs, thank you very much :P I'm sorry I don't have any natural insulation! :O

Frozen Sooner
1/22/2006, 05:24 PM
'swat I'm saying JK. All I need is those three. And my huntin' Carhartts. I figure suit jackets don't count.

GottaHavePride
1/22/2006, 05:44 PM
That's the other difference between girls and guys. A guy, in the back of his mind, doesn't really consider something like a suit coat to be an actual "jacket" - because a guy figures a jacket should have some element of keeping you warm outside on a fall day. And a sport coat won't cut it.

proud gonzo
1/22/2006, 06:08 PM
That's the other difference between girls and guys. A guy, in the back of his mind, doesn't really consider something like a suit coat to be an actual "jacket" - because a guy figures a jacket should have some element of keeping you warm outside on a fall day. And a sport coat won't cut it.
Hey, I was only counting ones that I actually wear outside for warmth... I didn't even mention the mink :O

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/22/2006, 06:27 PM
I remember when i weighed 105....my first grade year was very exciting :P

jps
1/22/2006, 07:16 PM
Useless information but did you know that Kate Spade is the sister-in-law to the comedian David Spade. Just an fyi for you.

Jimminy Crimson
1/22/2006, 10:58 PM
Useless information but did you know that Kate Spade is the sister-in-law to the comedian David Spade. Just an fyi for you.

True.

David's brother (Andy, if I remember right) has a mens line of wallets/leather goods under the Jack Spade name. Good quality stuff.

Blue
1/22/2006, 11:03 PM
My blonde daughter...

Pics...?