PDA

View Full Version : OU womens game one of the most exciting basketball games I've seen

usmc-sooner
1/22/2006, 11:46 AM
Kendra Moore was awesome. Nailing 2 clutch 3's to end the game.

Sooner24
1/22/2006, 02:22 PM
That is the kind of thing she did all the time at Ardmore. Did I mention she's my neighbor? :D

SeattleOUstudent
1/22/2006, 02:54 PM
As my roommates and I both said (both OU and Ardmore alums) when she was being recruited, Kendra Moore is "pound-for-pound, the best womens basketball player....ever".

She played her whole HS career like she was last night....minus the turnovers :)

Sooner24
1/22/2006, 03:35 PM
http://sooner.nmn.speedera.net/pics7/400/BR/BRUBWZXYEKNXCPW.20060122041605.jpg

BudsBoy
1/22/2006, 10:19 PM
I second that, my son, wife and daughter in law just jumpted straight up when Kenda shot that ball. I never did that for a mens game, ever. What fun.

Boomer.....
1/22/2006, 10:45 PM
I was also jumping in the air and high-fiving people when those 2 shots fell. That was a great game and huge win for the women.

TopDaugIn2000
1/23/2006, 12:43 PM
Such an exciting game. I was jumping up and down too. Great game ladies!!!!!!!!

SoonerAcesUp
1/23/2006, 06:06 PM
Anybody else enjoy watching the women play more than the men? The women have a much more enjoyable style of play to watch. Why can't the men put teams away when they get them down. I fully expected Tech to make a comeback because it seems we lack the killer instinct that good teams need. Frustrating when you see how good of a team that they can be but can't get over the hump and live up to the potential. Taj has been a disappointment with showing up huge in one game and then nonexistent the next. I think we can keep improving and possibly be a force to reckon with but they have to develop the killer instinct before that happens.

Ardmore_Sooner
1/23/2006, 09:00 PM
Anybody else enjoy watching the women play more than the men? The women have a much more enjoyable style of play to watch. Why can't the men put teams away when they get them down. I fully expected Tech to make a comeback because it seems we lack the killer instinct that good teams need. Frustrating when you see how good of a team that they can be but can't get over the hump and live up to the potential. Taj has been a disappointment with showing up huge in one game and then nonexistent the next. I think we can keep improving and possibly be a force to reckon with but they have to develop the killer instinct before that happens.

Amen brotha'!

Gdog
1/24/2006, 03:06 PM
I totally agree. I have enjoyed the women much more this year, even when they lose. Much more pleasing to the eye, in more ways than one :D. The men need to watch how the women move the ball around and get it inside. (No pun intended.)

AllAboutThe'O'
1/24/2006, 03:45 PM
I'm more of a big women's basketball fan than the men's, and I couldn't say that a few years ago. I also prefer girls' high school basketball to boys, it's much more pure.
On another note, it's a crime that this game wasn't picked up nationally, so those of us outside of OKC were out of the loop. Do you think OU or someone else could make a tape or DVD of this game and sell it? I would love to own a copy of it.

The Original "soonerjeff"
1/24/2006, 10:12 PM
I went down to Wacko for the game, and it was great to rub that win the faces of the Baylor fans. We were definitely jumping around for about a minute after that shot. Such a great feeling!

Sooner24
1/24/2006, 11:57 PM
I went down to Wacko for the game, and it was great to rub that win the faces of the Baylor fans. We were definitely jumping around for about a minute after that shot. Such a great feeling!

Where was your seat?

We called Baylor on Thurday and they put us five rows behind the OU womens bench. :D