PDA

View Full Version : Most visited forums on the web

BOOMERBRADLEY
1/22/2006, 12:54 AM
Soonerfans is doing fairly well I think.

http://www.big-boards.com/highlight/1090/

Also out of ALL football boards
http://www.big-boards.com/kw/football/

I couldn't find hornfans anywhere :D

Blue
1/22/2006, 12:58 AM
Any other college football boards ahead of us?

Let's win something this year.

BOOMERBRADLEY
1/22/2006, 01:00 AM
Miami, Michigan State and Baylor are ahead of us

Those pesky bears

bigdsooner
1/22/2006, 01:52 AM
that kicks ***...in a great way

Blue
1/22/2006, 02:35 AM
that kicks ***...in a great way

Certainly...

Flagstaffsooner
1/22/2006, 02:42 AM
Phil, what have thou wroth?

1/22/2006, 08:14 AM
Baylor has fans?

BajaOklahoma
1/22/2006, 08:52 AM
Baylor has football fans?

Fixed it

BajaOklahoma
1/22/2006, 09:02 AM
That is a fun site to look around. We need to pass Baylor though. It's not right to have Baylor ahead of us.

We need to get a description of the board added to that site. And by we, I mean someone trustworthy. Phil, or his designee.

crawfish
1/22/2006, 11:18 AM
Baylor?

Bama/OU
1/22/2006, 11:29 AM
We kicked butt on January 5th.

Not so much on December 27th.

:D

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/6194/stats1qc.jpg

SicEmBaylor
1/23/2006, 12:35 AM
Baylorfans.com has quite a bit of traffic. They do a pretty good job at matching soonerfans football board traffic, and flat out beat soonerfans in basketball traffic. However, most of that is due to the women's team. At any rate, I rarely post there though.

Blue
1/23/2006, 12:37 AM
Baylorfans.com has quite a bit of traffic. They do a pretty good job at matching soonerfans football board traffic, and flat out beat soonerfans in basketball traffic. However, most of that is due to the women's team. At any rate, I rarely post there though.

It must double as a S&M site.

Beano's Fourth Chin
1/23/2006, 01:31 AM
Another thing is that we haven't trimmed the database since we moved to vBulletin. Phil's got, pretty much, unlimited storage on his server. Those sites that trim posts due to limited storage aren't going to show up.

And the boards that don't have easily findable posting statistics won't show up (like that weird and unstable software they use to run texags and/or hornfans).

SicEmBaylor
1/23/2006, 03:06 AM
I'm pretty biased I guess but I think soonerfans and baylorfans are the two best boards in the Big XII. Though admittedly I only really visit the south teams minus Tech.

Hornfans is difficult to navigate. It's difficult to even catch new threads because they all seem to sort of mesh together into one untidy mess. They crash anytime the proverbial winds in sports shift, and their search feature is just totally impossible to use. Not to mention the moderating team which is horrible. Oh and they don't track exact post counts ;-).

TexAgs has perhaps the worst moderators of any fan message board that I've ever visited or heard about. If your post doesn't toe the Aggie line then your post is promptly removed and your account deleted and/or frozen. The board itself looks somewhat juvenile with the thread icons that tell you next to nothing about the content of the thread and instead look like something Spongebob Squarepants would read.

The only OSU board I've been to is o-state.com; I don't know if that's their most popular board or not but the software looks 10 years old. Though the fact that any of them are capable of using a computer is at least somewhat commendable.

Baylorfans.com is pretty good. The message board style/software seems pretty similar to soonerfans only without 'spek' and other features like the sports book. It runs a bit slower though and you have to contend with us Baylor fans who can't seem to agree on one damned thing. And weeding through the 10,000 threads about football fashion or helmet color can be a chore.