PDA

View Full Version : Michael Neal was robbed

msteudem
1/21/2006, 11:42 PM
Did anyone realize that Michael Neal got robbed a point on the 4 pt play that he made. The game was 22-5 when Neal made a 3 and was fouled. He went to the line and nealed the FT. Lavin the analyst for the game said and he makes a 4 pt play. The score board went to 25-5 and we never got the extra free throw point. The point didn't show up in Neal's stats either. They show him with 15 pts. He should have 16, 5 3's and 1 ft. Did anyone else see this or was my son and I watching a moment in the Twilight Zone. Nothing was mentioned about this in the game thread. I know it didn't affect the outcome of the game but things like this bug me.
I'm tellin' ya, it's another Texas Tech conspiracy.;)

Jay C. Upchurch
1/21/2006, 11:50 PM
The officials immediately called the shot a 2-pointer, so I guess Lavin wasn't paying attention. I never saw a replay... was Neal behind the line?

King Crimson
1/21/2006, 11:56 PM
The officials immediately called the shot a 2-pointer, so I guess Lavin wasn't paying attention. I never saw a replay... was Neal behind the line?

it looked like it to me (behind the line, not defending Lavin's opinion on the matter) since when Neal fell down most of his body was out of bounds.....but it was hard to tell, admittedly.

Boomer.....
1/22/2006, 10:49 PM
I thought the refs were pretty bad (go figure)! They missed a bunch of calls against Tech and were in Knights pocket all night. I loved his comments after the game about how great the refs were and that is how a game should be called.

Salt City Sooner
1/22/2006, 11:33 PM
"The game was officiated like basketball is supposed to be officiated. That happens rarely. These guys today, they called the walk, they called the charging foul. It was nice to see."
Chris Walker would beg to differ......:D