1/21/2006, 09:04 PM
sweet, didn't buy it tho

StoopTroup
1/21/2006, 09:05 PM
I like it better free too. :D

http://www.elams.org/Events/2003/Boxing/Friday/thumbs/main.jpg

bigdsooner
1/21/2006, 09:16 PM
ya, i didnt get it though. prolly gonna get the matt hughes vs royce gracie ppv in may

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/21/2006, 11:40 PM
Liddell is a bad bad man

Sooner_Bob
1/22/2006, 10:00 AM
I used to buy them when they were like $20 but they were much better IMO back when they first started. Not as safe, but more entertaining I think.

StoopTroup
1/22/2006, 10:26 AM
Yep. $40 is a little steep.

We used to all pitch in and go to somebody elses or host during the Holyfield and Tyson era. We've done it a few times for UFC too. It's the only way I'll watch.

No way I'll pay the whole $40.

usmc-sooner
1/22/2006, 11:42 AM
who won?

I remember when I was a kid and Couture was wrestling at OSU.

bigdsooner
1/22/2006, 11:58 AM
they haven't fought yet, i think its feb 4th
matt hughes vs royce gracie ppv in may is the one to get. i like liddell but ive already seen him & couture 2

lexsooner
1/22/2006, 04:41 PM
I watched it some years ago. Out of curiousity, I looked at some UFC and Pride sites recently. It looks like the superstars I knew of years back have either retired or are over the hill. I recall Royce Gracie was da bomb ten years ago, along with Ken Shamrock. Shamrock went to pro wrestling and then came back to Pride, where his over the hill self promptly got ko'ed in about two minutes by an aging Sakuraba aka The Gracie Hunter in a Pride match. Sakuraba has also beaten an equally aging Royce Gracie by breaking his arm, and another Gracie brother. Rickson Gracie, supposedly the best of all the Gracies, allegedly retired to avoid facing Sakuraba. All of these former supestars - Royce, Sakuraba, Shamrock, who are still competing, are over the hill and have lost recently. I don't know who the top stars are now since I don't follow it much anymore.

OhU1
1/22/2006, 06:07 PM
Sakuraba broke Renzo Gracie's arm in a 19 minute match. He beat Royce in a 90 minute match when Royce quit due to exhaustion. He beat Royler Gracie in a 28 minute bout. He also beat Ryan Gracie. Given this record, it's surprising that Sakuraba lost to Kimo in his frist fight.

Sakuraba lost 3 fights but he beat some of the best. Rumor is he retired to avoid facing me! :D

lexsooner
1/22/2006, 06:50 PM
Sakuraba broke Renzo Gracie's arm in a 19 minute match. He beat Royce in a 90 minute match when Royce quit due to exhaustion. He beat Royler Gracie in a 28 minute bout. He also beat Ryan Gracie. Given this record, it's surprising that Sakuraba lost to Kimo in his frist fight.

Sakuraba lost 3 fights but he beat some of the best. Rumor is he retired to avoid facing me! :D

OhU1, I'm more afraid of Napolean Dynamite's older brother - "I'm in training to be a steel cage fighter."

critical_phil
5/24/2006, 02:37 PM
ya, i didnt get it though. prolly gonna get the matt hughes vs royce gracie ppv in may

4Life says it's this weekend.

fyi.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/24/2006, 02:46 PM

Rickson Gracie was the baddest one back in the day....I remember they used to have a video circulating on the net with Rickson beating up some chump talking smack on the beach

colleyvillesooner
5/24/2006, 02:50 PM
Rickson Gracie was the baddest one back in the day....I remember they used to have a video circulating on the net with Rickson beating up some chump talking smack on the beach

this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT3snJCP30c&search=Rickson

tbl
5/24/2006, 02:53 PM
Not the best quality, but here ya go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT3snJCP30c&search=gracie%20fight

tbl
5/24/2006, 02:53 PM
D'oh!

tbl
5/24/2006, 02:54 PM
Crazy Brazilians...

stoops the eternal pimp
5/24/2006, 03:00 PM
Rickson had an unreal fight record at one time...I also remember him having a character on the virtual pro wrestling game that rocked ballz

Big Red Ron
5/25/2006, 09:27 AM
Matt Hughes is a baaaad man.