PDA

View Full Version : While I was watching the game today

GottaHavePride
1/21/2006, 06:09 PM
I was asking myself "who the hell let in all the KU students and gave them courtside seats?" I know they're imitating Kelvin's blue-shirt/red-tie look, but it's just idiotic.

I also noticed that we in particular and the Big XII in general have absolutely no finesse to our basketball game. Other teams actually seem to have some concept of offensive spacing and footwork to get around people to get open. We just seem to plow into the biggest crowd of people we can find and hope someone fouls us while we're taking our 5 shots trying to get one to fall.

Where can we buy a mid-range jumpshot and some agility?

With that said, I'm glad we managed to win despite our 21 turnovers and 42% shooting.

Blue
1/21/2006, 06:17 PM
I kinda liked the shirts.

Somebody need to tell Calvin that denim shirts were never cool.

Big Red Ron
1/21/2006, 06:47 PM
I kinda liked the shirts.

Somebody need to tell Calvin that denim shirts were never cool.And their luck seems to have run out.

NickZeppelin
1/21/2006, 07:14 PM
And their luck seems to have run out.

Yeah he's only won about 22 a year the last 2 or 3 years instead of 25

msteudem
1/21/2006, 10:55 PM
I was asking myself "who the hell let in all the KU students and gave them courtside seats?" I know they're imitating Kelvin's blue-shirt/red-tie look, but it's just idiotic.

I also noticed that we in particular and the Big XII in general have absolutely no finesse to our basketball game. Other teams actually seem to have some concept of offensive spacing and footwork to get around people to get open. We just seem to plow into the biggest crowd of people we can find and hope someone fouls us while we're taking our 5 shots trying to get one to fall.

Where can we buy a mid-range jumpshot and some agility?

With that said, I'm glad we managed to win despite our 21 turnovers and 42% shooting.

I was wondering what the heck that section of blue was. They need to stick to Crimson and Cream or Red and White. No blue! And as far as Sampson's clothing goes, I just wished we could play one game without the analyst saying, "and there goes the jacket" Ok we get it KS gets rid of his jacket early in the game. What else is new.
And speaking of repeat retort among analyst. Find some new facts out about the team. I am tired of hearing about Bookouts shotput and discus throwing. They have brought that up in every major network broadcast game since he was a freshman. 4yrs later they talk about it like its fresh info.
I have a feeling we are going to hear about Michael Neals brain surgery every game until he graduates.

starclassic tama
1/21/2006, 10:57 PM
anyone who doesn't think we are just flat lucky to have kelvin sampson is simply a moron

msteudem
1/21/2006, 11:01 PM
anyone who doesn't think we are just flat lucky to have kelvin sampson is simply a moron

I think it goes both ways. Sampson is lucky to have OU and vice versa.

King Crimson
1/21/2006, 11:40 PM
i didn't mind the shirts, and for those among us nostalgic for the Tubbs' era LNC crowds....the student section did gimmicky stuff like that all the time. was it dumb? sure, i guess. a big part of college life is being a knucklehead (i say this as an empirical observation and not an admission or confession of any kind). Kelvin said post-game he was really into it.

let's be careful we're not trying to have it both ways and substituting one variety of complaint for another.

it's a national TV game and the students show up with something mildly original to our program and we're still complaining. came across good on TV i thought.

King Crimson
1/21/2006, 11:43 PM
And speaking of repeat retort among analyst. Find some new facts out about the team.

did you know that OU is second to LSU in rebound margin? :P

Jay C. Upchurch
1/21/2006, 11:45 PM
The blue was a bit odd, but it was a show of solidarity. You could see the OU players respond to that.

Give it up to the crowd today. Well shy of a sellout, but the was a lot of energy in the LNC, which was probably aided by the fact the Sooners got off to the fast start.

msteudem
1/21/2006, 11:45 PM
did you know that OU is second to LSU in rebound margin? :P

Noooo, ya don't say?:D
"Did you know that bees and dogs smell fear?"
Little Kid off of Jerry McGuire

Boomer.....
1/22/2006, 10:54 PM
I think it is great to get the students involved and looking the same. It brings more energy and gives us a look like stoolwater or duke students have.

Blue
1/22/2006, 10:56 PM
I think it is great to get the students involved and looking the same. It brings more energy and gives us a look like stoolwater or duke students have.

Yeah, except for the fact there was only about 16 of them on each side.

It really looks pathetic on T.V. Half the seats were empty. It was fairly loud, but again, why not let people come down and fill those seats.

OUstud
1/22/2006, 10:59 PM
I thought the shirts were tight.

Beano's Fourth Chin
1/22/2006, 11:37 PM
Anyone else see the kid on the unicycle at halftime?

10 year old dude was trying to throw a souvenir ball into the stands from his unicycle. He fell over and the ball went about 5 feet. I felt bad for him.

Boomer.....
1/23/2006, 10:01 AM
What about the two girls who were like 10 years older than everyone else. They were damn near 5'5" when everyone else was toddlers. I think it is time for them to hang up their uni's.