PDA

View Full Version : Where are Sooners on the draft boards?

KingDavid
1/21/2006, 10:50 AM
I've not looked at any of the boards, so I'm guessing:

Dvoracek - mid first round
Joseph - late first round, or early second.
Runnels - 3-5
Ayodele - 4-6
Chester - 3-5
Ingram - 3-5
Moses - FA
Bush - FA
Chaisson - 7-FA
Onyenegeche - 5-7
Bassey - FA

OU-HSV
1/21/2006, 11:26 AM
Historically does anyone know the earliest a FB has been drafted? I just don't see Runnels sliding that far in the draft...but maybe I'm wrong.

oumartin
1/21/2006, 11:38 AM
wheres T-Money gonna go?
I think he has the skillz.

OU-HSV
1/21/2006, 11:42 AM
wheres T-Money gonna go?
I think he has the skillz.
I tend to think Travis will go late on day 2. (if he gets drafted)

oumartin
1/21/2006, 11:48 AM
he should have left after last season. he would have been 2nd round at the latest.

OU-HSV
1/21/2006, 11:52 AM
Yep..but considering Matt Jones was taken over Clayton as the first "WR"..who knows if they would've even drafted TW then either.

MojoRisen
1/21/2006, 11:59 AM
Check and See where Marc Edwards was Drafted- SChlezenger from Nebraska etc- check spelling on NE kid.

Harry Beanbag
1/21/2006, 12:10 PM
Historically does anyone know the earliest a FB has been drafted? I just don't see Runnels sliding that far in the draft...but maybe I'm wrong.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/positions/FB

OU-HSV
1/21/2006, 12:11 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/positions/FB
Thanks, I just found that site myself. Looks like Marc Edwards was 55th overall (round 2)
http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/years/1997

SoonerStormchaser
1/21/2006, 12:45 PM
I've not looked at any of the boards, so I'm guessing:

Dvoracek - mid first round
Joseph - late first round, or early second.
Runnels - 3-5
Ayodele - 4-6
Chester - 3-5
Ingram - 3-5
Moses - FA
Bush - FA
Chaisson - 7-FA
Onyenegeche - 5-7
Bassey - FA

Sorry...hate to burst your bubble, but the streak of OU players taken in the first round stops this year (TRRW in '02, Woolfolk in '03, Tommie in '04, Clayton and Brown in '05).
Davin and Dusty might be drafted in the second round, but it will be middle to late. JD ought to go in the early to mid 3rd round. The rest are second day at best, with Ingram being the only one of the remainder to stand a chance of even being drafted.

oumartin
1/21/2006, 12:53 PM
I'll wait until after combines before I pass judgement. if C.O. is really a true man cover corner he has the speed and size to be first round. We'll just see

StoopTroup
1/21/2006, 12:59 PM
I thought DD was going to be a Pro Wrestler.

Rhino
1/21/2006, 01:59 PM
Dvoracek (2-3)
Joseph (2-3)
Chester (3-4)
Ingram (3-5)
Wilson (4-6)
Runnels (4-6)
Onyenegecha (5-7)
Bassey (7-UD)

UD:
Jones
Rice
Chassion
Bush
Rankins
Moses
Ayodele
Hickson

he should have left after last season. he would have been 2nd round at the latest. Fourth round at the latest, maybe. Second round at the earliest.

MojoRisen
1/21/2006, 04:46 PM
http://www.thisistheusfl.com/USFL/USFL%20Player%20Photos/Boston%20Breakers/Breakers%20Photos/dupree.jpg

1st round draft pick 6 million over 5 years 1.1 million sign on bonus not bad for 84...

KingDavid
1/21/2006, 04:56 PM
Dvoracek (2-3)
Joseph (2-3)
Chester (3-4)
Ingram (3-5)
Wilson (4-6)
Runnels (4-6)
Onyenegecha (5-7)
Bassey (7-UD)

I had completely overlooked Wilson. Man, the team that gets Travis Wilson in the 6th round is going to look awefully smart by the end of the year. I bet after combines that he goes no later than the 4th round.

It's a shame that Joseph will not be a first round selection, but that's probably true. No chance that Dusty gets drafted in the the first round? I think he's got a shot. Again, the team that gets him in the 3rd round gets a sweet deal.

Onyenegeche didn't emerge as a great one here, but I think he's potentially a find for the right team. It always seemed like he was right on the edge of becoming a star; it always seemed like a borderline interference penalty would break his momentum/performance just about every game. I think if he goes that deep in the draft (or signs as a FA), he's a potential steal with a ton of upside.

Of the linemen, it looks like Chester has the best chance to improve his draft status through the combines. All those seniors on the line got the shaft with all the turnover/injuries, new quarterback, AD going down, etc.

It will be interesting to see if Rankins ever shows up on the radar somewhere down the line, or if he just continues to be snake-bit with the injuries.

Moving on to next year in the draft:

AD - Top Pick
Ruu - 2-4 (3)
Birdine - 1-4 (2)
Tibs - 2-4 (4)
Ayou - 3-6 (5)
Messner - 7-UD

Am I missing anyone?

Sonner magic923
1/21/2006, 06:53 PM
man thats looking ahead right there

Big Red Ron
1/21/2006, 07:09 PM
If Rufus has another year like this one, he's going to win the Butkis and go in the first round.

We are Linebacker U!

KingDavid
1/21/2006, 11:09 PM
man thats looking ahead right there

What the hell. I'm bored waiting for McCoy, Walker, and Gresham to decide.

Egeo
1/22/2006, 01:41 PM
Dvoracek (2-3)
Joseph (2-3)
Chester (3-4)
Ingram (3-5)
Wilson (4-6)
Runnels (4-6)
Onyenegecha (5-7)
Bassey (7-UD)

UD:
Jones
Rice
Chassion
Bush
Rankins
Moses
Ayodele
Hickson

id pretty much agree here
but i can see both wilson and onyenegecha going higher if they do as well as i think at the combine

but really, everything is a big guess before then and pro days

KingDavid
1/22/2006, 06:44 PM
id pretty much agree here
but i can see both wilson and onyenegecha going higher if they do as well as i think at the combine

but really, everything is a big guess before then and pro days

Interesting point about Hickson going that high. He's got the NFL body, for sure. Could he be the next Priest Holmes?

Rhino
1/22/2006, 08:17 PM
Interesting point about Hickson going that high. He's got the NFL body, for sure. Could he be the next Priest Holmes? Actually, that was in response to oumartin's comment about if TWilson went to the NFL last year.

Hickson's fumbleitis is too severe to be drafted.

BOOMERBRADLEY
1/22/2006, 08:30 PM
I thought DD was going to be a Pro Wrestler.

Nope, he is going to go explore the high seas to fulfill his lifelong dream of being a viking.

Egeo
1/23/2006, 03:44 AM
Interesting point about Hickson going that high. He's got the NFL body, for sure. Could he be the next Priest Holmes?
ya, that last part wasnt about hickson... ill edit it so it wont be so confusing

OUinFLA
1/23/2006, 08:34 AM
"draft board" has so much less of an "anxious" feeling nowdays compared to when I was 21.
I remember when I was told by my county draft board member that.........
" Next week you're going to be number 1 on our list!"
I joined the Navy the next day.
I signed for a whopping $79 per month contract.
(and free room and board and health care).

sooneron
1/23/2006, 09:41 AM
If Rufus has another year like this one, he's going to win the Butkis and go in the first round.

We are Linebacker U!
Even with a monster year, the media is so on Poslunszky (sp?????) 's jock that Ruf and everyone else will be vying for second.

critical_phil
1/23/2006, 10:06 AM
maybe i'm wrong, but i don't get the CO spekfest.

upside and potential are words people have used to describe him since he arrived on campus, and now i'm supposed to believe he'll reach his potential in the NFL?

upside and potential? how about instinct and intelligence - of which he has little to none.

Harry Beanbag
1/23/2006, 10:10 AM
Even with a monster year, the media is so on Poslunszky (sp?????) 's jock that Ruf and everyone else will be vying for second.

I think he blew out his knee in the Orange Bowl.

Egeo
1/24/2006, 12:20 AM
maybe i'm wrong, but i don't get the CO spekfest.

upside and potential are words people have used to describe him since he arrived on campus, and now i'm supposed to believe he'll reach his potential in the NFL?

upside and potential? how about instinct and intelligence - of which he has little to none.
i think he did alright since it seemed like he was 1v1 with the opponents top wr a good portion of the time

*he's not a good zone cover guy, but the nfl wont ask him to do it much (depending on the scheme)
our safety play is what has been hideous

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/24/2006, 10:42 AM
I think Ingram is probably the player most likely to move up the boards from pre-draft workouts, combine, etc. My guess:

Dvoracek 2
Joseph 2-3
Ingram 3-4
Runnels 3-4 (may not go real early, still will be good pro)
Wilson 5-6
Chester 5-6
Bassey 7-UD
Chassion 7-UD
Yeti 7-UD

Jones, Ayodele and Bush outside shot a being drafted, definitely will get shot a free agents

Rankins, Rice, Bush, Moses, Hickson chances very slim of being drafted, Rice gets best shot because of need for LS.

KingDavid
1/25/2006, 01:05 AM
Man, the team that gets Travis Wilson in the 6th round is going to look awefully smart by the end of the year. I bet after combines that he goes no later than the 4th round.

Maisel's quote on that other thread shows that Wilson's stock is going to get juiced the closer we get to the draft. i would be surprised to find him in the late 2nd round, early 3rd. The scouts have to look up and notice that all three of last years starters were contributors to their teams as rookies - I think even Brandon Jones started one game, didn't he?

I'm upping my prediction to no worse that 3rd round.

Factor to consider: is this a deep year for receivers? i have no idea, but it doesn't seem to be. it seems like this is a deep year for lineman, not receivers. correct me if I'm wrong on that.

sooneron
1/25/2006, 01:45 PM
I think he blew out his knee in the Orange Bowl.
The media will just turn the lovefest into a comeback story!
just watch