PDA

View Full Version : OU dinner at @ Los Colinas

BASSooner
1/20/2006, 09:17 PM
I know this is WAY off topic and that it happend earlier this week but, I went to the dinner for the sooner-bound texans and I have to say is wow....so many people went and a whole LOT of OU representatives and sponsors were there. Not to mention that President Boren was also there along with the marching band. All I gotta say is, I can't wait to be on campus in August.

OklahomaTuba
1/20/2006, 09:31 PM
Was BS still ****ed at Bomar?

BASSooner
1/20/2006, 09:35 PM
nope there was no mention of football at all at the dinner....well Boren did mention our 63-14 blow out against texas and how he called off all classes on that upcoming monday.

OUGreg723
1/20/2006, 10:13 PM
I can't wait till August either....

BajaOklahoma
1/20/2006, 10:38 PM
FYI, 20% of this years freshman class is from this state.

I love it.

BASSooner
1/20/2006, 11:12 PM
yeah man its awesome=D. Lots of folks that I talked to said they were impressed by OU and that at UT every student is just a number:D. Take that UT HA!

Tailgate
1/21/2006, 05:20 AM
How often does OU call off Monday classes after the Texas game?

boomersoonerdude
1/21/2006, 08:04 AM

Every Monday after Texas game is a day off for us but that's not official. Only Friday before the game is an OU official holiday.

BajaOklahoma
1/21/2006, 08:53 AM
yeah man its awesome=D. Lots of folks that I talked to said they were impressed by OU and that at UT every student is just a number:D. Take that UT HA!

I have several former students who go up to look at OU every year. Most of them fall in love with it and take some of their friends up there with them.
A good friend's husband played football at CU. He absolutely hates OU - and I love him anyway. His son is going to OU this Fall. I plan on getting him an OU parent shirt, if they come in that large a size (not fat, just tall and broad).
OU has made huge inroads in North Texas. Whorns, Aggies, and Sand Aggies still abound, but the number of Sooners has increased significantly in the last 15 years.

Dio
1/21/2006, 10:22 AM

Why do you hate Columbus Day?

BASSooner
1/21/2006, 12:39 PM
I have several former students who go up to look at OU every year. Most of them fall in love with it and take some of their friends up there with them.
A good friend's husband played football at CU. He absolutely hates OU - and I love him anyway. His son is going to OU this Fall. I plan on getting him an OU parent shirt, if they come in that large a size (not fat, just tall and broad).
OU has made huge inroads in North Texas. Whorns, Aggies, and Sand Aggies still abound, but the number of Sooners has increased significantly in the last 15 years.
yeah president Boren was sayin that. I thought it was awesome.