PDA

View Full Version : USA Today odds on winning the 2006 nc...

Blue
1/20/2006, 05:11 PM
Did anyone else see this? OU and Notre Dame at the top at 7 to 1.

silverwheels
1/20/2006, 05:14 PM
I don't see either team making it to the NC game...

TheGodfather889
1/20/2006, 05:31 PM
I don't see why OU can't make it back to the National Championship.I think Oregon will be tough,Texas and possibly Texas A&M (Kyle Field has not been the Sooners friend).I don't think it would be easy but I think they can get there.I already think they'll win the Big XII so maybe it can be within their grasp.

TexasLidig8r
1/20/2006, 05:37 PM
I don't see why OU can't make it back to the National Championship.I think Oregon will be tough,Texas and possibly Texas A&M (Kyle Field has not been the Sooners friend).I don't think it would be easy but I think they can get there.I already think they'll win the Big XII so maybe it can be within their grasp.

Offensive line is going to be a huge issue for you guys at the start of the year. No consistency left over from this year.

Defensive line is adequate, good in some places, but not much depth. Same with your DBs.

BOOMERBRADLEY
1/20/2006, 06:35 PM
And UT loses their entire *team*

VY

Soonerman08
1/20/2006, 06:39 PM
No depth at our position at Defensive Line and DBs????

Foolish Whorn.

SoonerGators
1/20/2006, 06:45 PM
Offensive line is going to be a huge issue for you guys at the start of the year. No consistency left over from this year.

Defensive line is adequate, good in some places, but not much depth. Same with your DBs.

DB's I'll grant you...but just how many D-lineman do you think a team needs to have "depth" cause I think we have plenty there

BASSooner
1/20/2006, 06:51 PM

If you don't know then don't say it. We are loaded at safety. We have good CBs and reggie smith is going to make an impact for us on the team. OL, however, thats a different story, hopefully our jucos can make an impact. If they do and our OL do well, our offense will be explosive AND deadly.

Widescreen
1/20/2006, 07:18 PM
I would argue that we'll have the best group of DE's in the nation this fall. Certainly the best depth.

Stitch Face
1/20/2006, 07:32 PM
What would really create shivers would be OU and ND playing each other for the NC.

And OU winning.

And then going on, like, a 48 game winning streak.

And then ND beats us, like, 4 years later.

That would be cool. And spooky.

Sonner magic923
1/20/2006, 08:10 PM
I think OU has as good of chance as anyone to get to the big bowl.

snp
1/20/2006, 08:25 PM

As anyone, huh. What are the odds that Temple or Popcorn State wind up then, eh.

fadada1
1/20/2006, 08:49 PM
seriously, this year coming up might be as wide open as ever. and OU has as good a chance as anyone.

westcoast_sooner
1/20/2006, 08:58 PM
What would really create shivers would be OU and ND playing each other for the NC.

And OU winning.

And then going on, like, a 48 game winning streak.

And then ND beats us, like, 4 years later.

That would be cool.

Except for the OU losing to the domers part.

Stitch Face
1/20/2006, 09:01 PM
Except for the OU losing to the domers part.

All good things must come to an end. Just ask Texass next year.

westcoast_sooner
1/20/2006, 09:05 PM
seriously, this year coming up might be as wide open as ever. and OU has as good a chance as anyone.

Yeah, I think you are right about that. suc lost TWO Heisman winners along with some other big contributors. VY is gone, and that means that Texas has to do a little bit of starting over, even though they should be good at other positions. The domers bring back a lot from this year, but their bowl game took some luster off their season. tOSU brings back some good talent. Lots of early entrants this year, so that will have an impact on quite a few teams, luckily OU is not one of them.

UO will be a tough game and so will the RRS. Playing at aTm is always tough for us, as is when we have to go north to Stoolwater.

But with everything so wide open, seems like we've got a good shot at the whole thing. So why not go out and win one?

AZfanIII
1/20/2006, 09:27 PM
OU's got a lot of steam heading into the spring. I hate to tell the whorns this but I think the coaches are going to be rabid and this team will finally respond with a great season. I wouldn't possibly hope to see another start like they had this year. OU 63-14 TX

BASSooner
1/20/2006, 09:32 PM
woooooooooooooooooooooo I can't wait. If our OL just turns out to be decent next year, we'll be so explosive on offense. We have so many threats. AD of course, Bomar who can run and pass. Kelly, Iglesias, Johnson, and Finley(yes I say Finley because he is in my opinion very good). Defensively....I wonder what BV has in store for us.

Texas Golfer
1/21/2006, 02:00 PM

And, apparently, the oddsmakers think OU has a better than average chance to get there.

StoopTroup
1/21/2006, 02:25 PM
We'll win it all.

goingoneight
1/21/2006, 02:48 PM
This takes work, every aspect of college football is difficult-- except for when you beat someone 77-0... hahaha!
But my firm belief is that if OU escapes the RRS undefeated, which WILL be the hardest part of the regular season, they will be favored to face off with Nebbish for the BIG 12 championship (which will be tough), and provided they don't choke along the way, should enter the BCS MNC title game "somewhat easily."

There's a long road ahead, but if OU escapes NoCo schedule and puts a good smacking on UT (as the longhorn D will still be great), I can sit back comfortably like in 2000, 2003, and 2004. The problem with our schedule is that it gets weaker as we go down the stretch, same with UT's schedule from the 2005 season. And ours from 2004. Consistent, miraculous offense, along with a defense that can make plays when you need them too, Ex. Roy Williams-- shall make for the most vague elements to compose an MNC titleist OU team.

I'm not hoping for a giant winning streak, as that comes with greatness, I'm more lioke a coach... If Washington is our next game... I say play that game as if it were the last game we'll ever play... as if they were the "best team evar," and pull your starters after you hang "half-a-hundred on 'em."

Egeo
1/22/2006, 01:45 PM
I don't see either team making it to the NC game...
7 chances to 1 that you are right :)

but if OUr oline doesnt improve alot over what it was last spring... then we'll be about teh same as this past year (maybe slightly better)
i expect better qb play no matter what, but the run defense might be down

the pass rush will be great again though

MamaMia
1/22/2006, 02:03 PM
Nobody knows who will be playing in the National Championship game this year, and its hard to even guess. There are so many teams that look good going into the new season. If we can get off to a good start and beat the Ducks, I think we have a great shot at it. I also have a feeling that we will beat the horns this October, which will give us just the right burst of steam to grab the brass ring. :D

Hook 'Em Horns
1/22/2006, 02:11 PM
Did anyone else see this? OU and Notre Dame at the top at 7 to 1.

And the 2005 USC team is the greatest of all time.

FlatheadSooner
1/22/2006, 10:01 PM
I agree.

If we continue the trend we've been on since the early losses last season, a lot of things are in our favor.

OU is going to give-em hell over the next three years.

I can't wait!!

:)

shavedmarmoset
1/23/2006, 01:24 AM

No d-line depth? Please. Larry Birdine, CJ Ah You, Calvin Thibodeaux and John Williams, and that's only at DE.

If you don't know Williams' name, you will. He tore his ACL against TCU but had a sack before getting hurt. He's a heck of a pass rusher. I should know, I was on scout team playing runningback before he graduated.