PDA

View Full Version : When 5* Ability Runs Into -1* Mentality

Scott D
1/20/2006, 05:02 PM
Florida State wide receiver Fred Rouse and guard Cornelius Lewis were dismissed from the team, coach Bobby Bowden announced Friday.

Rouse, a true freshman who started the Orange Bowl against Penn State, and Lewis, a redshirt freshman offensive guard, were kicked off for "conduct detrimental to the team."

Earlier in the season, Rouse and Lewis were suspended for the Duke game.

Rouse was actually in more trouble than this brief AP article states during the entire course of his freshman year. This is a case of where a 'recruiting miss' is a good thing.

NormanPride
1/20/2006, 05:29 PM
Man, wish we could have "missed" on a few of our bad apples...

I hope the kids pull it together.

TripleOption14
1/20/2006, 05:37 PM
Read tag line below....

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/20/2006, 05:50 PM
Man, wish we could have "missed" on a few of our bad apples...

I hope the kids pull it together.

in all honesty, stoops and co dodge those bullets better than neo.

NormanPride
1/20/2006, 06:31 PM
We seem to have trouble in WRs and OLinemen, though WR's tend to be prima donnas anyay, and linemen are the type that don't know if they really want to stick with it until college.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/20/2006, 06:35 PM
yeah, but outside of our QBs - we don't have issues with stunts that are seriously embarassing to the university.

Widescreen
1/20/2006, 07:20 PM
yeah, but outside of our QBs - we don't have issues with stunts that are seriously embarassing to the university.
What do you mean? What about AD and his embarrassing legal fiasco last week? :D

Tidefan36854
1/20/2006, 07:28 PM
Bama was Rouse's second choice last year, and I lot of Bama fans were just crushed that we didn't get Rouse. Guess we dodged one on that one. He must have slept with Diddy's wife or something, 'cause pretty anything short of murder won't get you thrown out of FSU:eek:

Scott D
1/20/2006, 07:55 PM
some of the stuff being posted on FSU message boards is interesting. Those whom are more rooted in reality are not concerned at all with losing Rouse (which is semi-understandable since he didn't get much PT this season), but rather are very upset about losing Lewis. To be honest, this could be the factor that loses Brandon Walker for us if he chooses Florida State.

FWIW, the FSU fans seem to think he'll either go straight to Florida, or go to D-II then transfer to Florida afterwards to avoid losing a year of eligibility. Apparently he said during the season or after the season that he wished he'd gone to Florida instead of FSU.

The amusing FSU fans say stuff about how Rouse should have gone to Miami where he'd fit in with the misfits and thugs. :)

Hook 'Em Horns
1/20/2006, 09:48 PM
Mack dropped him like a bad habit when he got caught smoking the hippie lettuce at the Army game last year.

Octavian
1/20/2006, 09:53 PM
hippie lettuce? :texan:

AustinTXHorn
1/20/2006, 09:58 PM
Yeah, this year definitely explained why Mack decided to pull his offer last year.

Glad we didn't get Rouse and Perrilloux.

Socrefbek
1/20/2006, 09:58 PM
hippie lettuce? :texan:

He meant Rickie Lettuce. You just mis-read the words that were typin out of his keyboard. :D

Scott D
1/21/2006, 01:51 AM
yeah according to the FSU boards they were kicked off because they were caught smoking pot. I can't think that was the only reason, but since Rouse had gotten into trouble on two other occasions it was probably the final straw with him.

Harry Beanbag
1/21/2006, 11:36 AM
Mack dropped him like a bad habit when he got caught smoking the hippie lettuce at the Army game last year.

Rivals says he made his official visit to UT on January 17th, which was after the Army game.

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=25014

AustinTXHorn
1/21/2006, 11:43 AM
Rivals says he made his official visit to UT on January 17th, which was after the Army game.

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=25014
I don't believe he ever actually went on that trip. He was scheduled to come that day and come to the Texas/Oklahoma State basketball game but he never showed up and had some excuse that I don't remember. I don't think he ever actually came here before Mack dropped him.

Scott D
1/21/2006, 11:47 AM
whee more infos.....according to the rules at FSU, Rouse failed 3 drug tests involving the 'hippie lettuce'. Between that and his other little outbursts, it's easy enough to figure it out.

JohnnyMack
1/21/2006, 11:57 AM
yeah according to the FSU boards they were kicked off because they were caught smoking pot. I can't think that was the only reason, but since Rouse had gotten into trouble on two other occasions it was probably the final straw with him.

Yeah, Bobby was mad because they forgot to puff, puff, give. They were ****ing up the rotation.

Bobby says it's for his glaucoma. :mack: