PDA

View Full Version : Hot Peppers

Quillo
1/20/2006, 01:17 PM
I was just wondering... one of the regular soonerfans posters (who shall remain nameless.. cause you MITE not want to DOLE out any names) has managed to convince himself that two habenero peppers, or jalepenos, etc are just as hot as one. He believes that adding more hotsauce or peppers to a food does not actually make the food hotter. Aside from pulling his pants down in Wal-Mart (along with his boxers) he is normally a smart indi... hahaha.. I can't even type it.. hahahaha Yermom and I decided that this argument should be brought to the boards.. so here it is.

-Quillo

yermom
1/20/2006, 01:19 PM
you are so dead the next time you are in town

Norm In Norman
1/20/2006, 01:22 PM
Why would anyone bother arguing with dolemite. I usually just smile, nod my head, and try to make a quick exit before something stupid happens.

mdklatt
1/20/2006, 01:23 PM
So who the hell is Quillo?

1/20/2006, 01:25 PM
Ah, I remember MY first beer.

yermom
1/20/2006, 01:27 PM
So who the hell is Quillo?

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=39814

Mjcpr
1/20/2006, 01:27 PM
Have we heard the pants/Wal Mart story before?

GDC
1/20/2006, 01:28 PM
Spray him directly in the eyes with one can of pepper spray, wait a while, spray him with two cans, and then ask him which hurt the most.

OUDoc
1/20/2006, 01:34 PM
Spray him directly in the eyes with one can of pepper spray, wait a while, spray him with two cans, and then ask him which hurt the most.
:D

Then tell him to sack up and eat a whole fistful of habenero peppers.

yermom
1/20/2006, 01:40 PM
Have we heard the pants/Wal Mart story before?

it's a new one :D

crawfish
1/20/2006, 01:50 PM
My wife had never heard of serrano peppers before...so she used three of 'em in some tortilla soup she made last week.

Suffice it to say, I didn't taste nuthin' for a few days. :eek:

MamaMia
1/20/2006, 02:18 PM
He believes that adding more hotsauce or peppers to a food does not actually make the food hotter
That would only be true if the placenta and seeds are removed before using. I always do that when I make my breakfast egg casserole that calls for jalepanos. :)

Mjcpr
1/20/2006, 02:48 PM

Well........

Norm In Norman
1/20/2006, 02:51 PM
It's so new it hasn't been written yet?

yermom
1/20/2006, 02:55 PM
i'm not at liberty to talk about it

Quillo
1/20/2006, 03:21 PM
Actually, Yermom has been trying to block the incident out of his mind. It's purely for sanity purposes.

-Quillo

dolemitesooner
1/22/2006, 08:16 PM
You basterd

dolemitesooner
1/22/2006, 08:17 PM
I swear to gawd you better where a tight *** belt next time we go any where in public. AAARGGHHHH

tHAT 8 YEAR OLD GIRL GOT A FULL FRONTAL OF DOLEMITE

SoonerInKCMO
1/22/2006, 08:47 PM
:eek:

StoopTroup
1/22/2006, 08:59 PM
Just so he knows...

Indecent Exposure conviction will get you registered as a sex offender.

Scott D
1/22/2006, 09:00 PM
Why would anyone bother arguing with dolemite. I usually just smile, nod my head, and try to make a quick exit before something stupid happens.

Norm you know you don't even have time to smile before something stupid happens.

dolemitesooner
1/22/2006, 09:06 PM
SAD FACE HERRE

usmc-sooner
1/22/2006, 09:15 PM
My wife had never heard of serrano peppers before...so she used three of 'em in some tortilla soup she made last week.

Suffice it to say, I didn't taste nuthin' for a few days. :eek:

I bet it was just as hot going out as it was going in. :D

yermom
1/22/2006, 09:28 PM
Just so he knows...

Indecent Exposure conviction will get you registered as a sex offender.

the language is unlcear, but he was "pantsed"

Norm In Norman
1/22/2006, 09:43 PM
Norm you know you don't even have time to smile before something stupid happens.
yes, but sometimes if I close my eyes fast enough I miss it.

GottaHavePride
1/22/2006, 10:20 PM
the language is unlcear, but he was "pantsed"

You mean "de-pantsed", right?

Oh, and this thread reminded me - I just placed an order to have some chili plants delivered in May. My house will be growing crazy amounts of peppers and tomatoes this summer. I will most likely be willing to hook up anyone in Nomrna wanting fresh peppers. And since the nursery only ships live plants in multiples of 12 (luckily they're only $3 each) I'm getting bell (two kinds), serrano, jalapeno, habanero, poblano, Anaheim, AND piquin peppers, along with 4 kinds of tomatoes. (Mostly roma tomatoes - good for sauces.)

Anyone else wants in, the site is http://www.chileplants.com/default.asp

proud gonzo
1/22/2006, 10:31 PM
oh no, that wasn't a thread jack in the least...

GottaHavePride
1/22/2006, 10:38 PM
I'm random-access.

Norm In Norman
1/22/2006, 10:47 PM

Oh, and this thread reminded me - I just placed an order to have some chili plants delivered in May. My house will be growing crazy amounts of peppers and tomatoes this summer. I will most likely be willing to hook up anyone in Nomrna wanting fresh peppers. And since the nursery only ships live plants in multiples of 12 (luckily they're only $3 each) I'm getting bell (two kinds), serrano, jalapeno, habanero, poblano, Anaheim, AND piquin peppers, along with 4 kinds of tomatoes. (Mostly roma tomatoes - good for sauces.)

No he meant pantsed. As in dole was walking around with his pants down and someone surprized him by pulling them up. it's rare, but it does happen.

And good luck with the peppers. Every time I try to grow multiple peppers at the same time, they all cross-pollinate and I end up with spicy bell peppers or squat looking pablanos or really mild jalepenos or stuff like that.

IB4OU2
1/22/2006, 10:50 PM

We grew jalepano's, anaheims and bell peppers last summer....and a bunch of tomatoes. The sandy soil uphere grows peppers surprisingly well. Now we have strawberries overtaking our vegetable garden....so we grew alot the peppers in our my wife's herb garden.

GottaHavePride
1/22/2006, 10:55 PM
I just noticed that I said "Nomrna" instead of "Norman". Heh.

yermom
1/23/2006, 12:22 AM
No he meant pantsed. As in dole was walking around with his pants down and someone surprized him by pulling them up. it's rare, but it does happen.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pantsed

Tailwind
1/23/2006, 12:27 AM

Thanks for that link GHP......I lost the one I had. Knowing my luck though, I'll get the plants and we'll be knee deep in snow.

joex2
1/23/2006, 02:06 AM
Quote:
He believes that adding more hotsauce or peppers to a food does not actually make the food hotter

That would only be true if the placenta and seeds are removed before using. I always do that when I make my breakfast egg casserole that calls for jalepanos.

Fresh jalapenos are the shiznit. De-vein, de-seed, rinse and substitute for bell peppers in any recipe. Guaranteed goodness. Skip the rinse if you like it a little warmer.

But by all means wash your hands! Esp. if you plan on touching anything sensitive (on yourself or a friend)!:eek:

nmsoonergirl
1/23/2006, 02:37 AM
But by all means wash your hands! Esp. if you plan on touching anything sensitive (on yourself or a friend

Been there, done that. Not fun.:O
Stupid hot peppers.:mad:

Quillo
1/25/2006, 03:57 PM
You see.. Dolemite made two mistakes. First off, he had lotion on his hands, thus stopping him from pulling up his own pants. (Actually... although it is normal for him to have lotion and his pants coming down, he is not used to having lotion on BOTH hands). Number two, he asked me to pull his pants up for him because of afformentioned lotion. Anyone that knows me, should know better than that. Dolemite once went on a 1 hour ride around the roughest roads in norman.. in my trunk. The beauty in the whole pantsing incident was that I was able to get ahold of his boxers also.. so everything came down. It was very amusing to watch him just stand there trying to figure out what just happened.

-Quillo

GDC
1/25/2006, 04:37 PM
I sure miss fresh Hatch NM green chile.

mdklatt
1/25/2006, 04:42 PM
You see.. Dolemite made two mistakes. First off, he had lotion on his hands, thus stopping him from pulling up his own pants.

1) Why did his pants fall down in the first place?

2) How does lotion make it impossible for him to pull them up--he has opposable thumbs, doesn't he?

Quillo
1/25/2006, 04:45 PM
Answers:

1) It's Dolemite

2) It's Dolemite

yermom
1/25/2006, 04:49 PM
1) Why did his pants fall down in the first place?

2) How does lotion make it impossible for him to pull them up--he has opposable thumbs, doesn't he?

1) they were falling down, i think he was wearing those track pant things

2) he was putting the lotion on his skin, so he didn't get the hose or something

Pricetag
1/25/2006, 04:50 PM
That would only be true if the placenta and seeds are removed before using. I always do that when I make my breakfast egg casserole that calls for jalepanos. :)
I'm never eating peppers again.

dolemitesooner
2/5/2006, 05:20 PM
8 year olds dude 8 year olds

BoogercountySooner
2/5/2006, 06:19 PM
If anyone is really in an adventurous mood next time you got to an authentic Mexican food restaraunt order Chili's Toreado's. They are fresh Jalapeno peppers that are cooked on a grill. They are hot in 2 ways and are awesome! If you like hot you will like these!

dolemitesooner
2/5/2006, 08:59 PM
I like hawt ............8 year olds...no wait I aint stanly