PDA

View Full Version : why recruiting ranking are ridiculous...

PDXsooner
1/20/2006, 12:28 PM
either the high school football season in nevada is still going on, or someone has some explaining to do as to whay demarco murray was just demoted to a 4-star recruit. http://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?Year=2006&School=57

this ranking stuff is comical...

yeah yeah i realize this has been posted already, so save the lecture...

BASSooner
1/20/2006, 03:12 PM
yeah i saw it too. They mostly based this off of the all american game and what REALLY ****ed me off was when mustain did not really get demoted at all and his performance was HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!

Ground_Attack
1/20/2006, 03:18 PM
it almost seems that they lowered "star" rankings across the board. He is still the #2 rated RB according to rivals.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/20/2006, 03:27 PM
either the high school football season in nevada is still going on, or someone has some explaining to do as to whay demarco murray was just demoted to a 4-star recruit. http://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?Year=2006&School=57

this ranking stuff is comical...

yeah yeah i realize this has been posted already, so save the lecture...

bueller? bueller?

NormanPride
1/20/2006, 03:47 PM
I'd agree that the silly part is where Mustain didn't drop like a stone, and Roark didn't go up at all. So much for evaluating based off of the AAA game.

Harry Beanbag
1/20/2006, 03:49 PM
I'd agree that the silly part is where Mustain didn't drop like a stone, and Roark didn't go up at all. So much for evaluating based off of the AAA game.

McCoy went up just about as far as he could go based on that game though.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/20/2006, 04:06 PM
I don't know about rivals but I know that Tom the Lemming's ratings are generally adjusted once he knows what players Notre Dame are recruiting. That guy is a leatherman (total tool). Said Wells hit the hole harder than any player he had seen since Clarett. I guess AD, and Bush can't run to daylight. He lives in the high school world. That is like someone calling a prospect the best hitter since JD Drew because of his college career. Forget Pujols, Bonds etc.

I was curius why Murray didn't play much. I presumed he had some slight injury limiting his use.

Anyway I'm not concerned that Murray just got worse.

NormanPride
1/20/2006, 04:07 PM
Yeah, but McCoy was already ranked really high. And how can you NOT move him up after that performance? In the same light, how can you NOT move Mustain down after his? Especially since the whole game was spent fellating him.

Harry Beanbag
1/20/2006, 04:09 PM
Mustain was truly horrid in that game. Oh well, doesn't really matter in the long run.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/20/2006, 04:10 PM
Mitch Mustain doesn't sleep, he waits....

BASSooner
1/20/2006, 05:14 PM
Mitch Mustain doesn't sleep, he waits....
then sleeps

PDXsooner
1/20/2006, 05:16 PM
bueller? bueller?

yeah yeah...;)

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/20/2006, 05:27 PM
I don't know about rivals but I know that Tom the Lemming's ratings are generally adjusted once he knows what players Notre Dame are recruiting. That guy is a leatherman (total tool). Said Wells hit the hole harder than any player he had seen since Clarett.

if by hole he meant "ran behind his fullback like he has stolen his plasma tv" then yes he is correct.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/20/2006, 05:33 PM
if by hole he meant "ran behind his fullback like he has stolen his plasma tv" then yes he is correct.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

sooner518
1/20/2006, 08:34 PM
then sleeps
then overthrows his receiver by 10 yards. he was horrid in the USAAA game

BASSooner
1/20/2006, 09:12 PM
then overthrows his receiver by 10 yards. he was horrid in the USAAA game
he was BEYOND horrid

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/21/2006, 12:10 AM
Best looking QB was the Snead kid who is to be a sorry-*ssed whorn. The kid on the East squad that is going to Fla Gators looked pretty good, too. The RB(Bell?) going to tOSU and the suc pledge Goodson are going to be good in college, methinks.

BASSooner
1/21/2006, 12:22 AM
Snead=total bust=2nd coming of chrissy simms=hilarious=whorns will never see it coming

Widescreen
1/21/2006, 12:24 AM
What happened during the AA game week that kept Murray from playing much in the game? Did he have a bad week at practice? There had to be more to his star 'adjustment' than just his lack of PT during the game.

Scott D
1/21/2006, 01:54 AM
think of how many touches the USC verbal got, then think of how many USC verbals there were, then think of who picks the players (Tom Lemming) and you have your answer.

Collier11
1/21/2006, 03:52 AM
HEY FELLAS...BREATHE and relax, they are just rankings. Let schmidtt get ahold of them and rankings dont mean anything, its all about motivation, hard work, and dedication, i.e, Q, Heupel, TRRW,etc.. Dont worry about rankings

Collier11
1/21/2006, 03:53 AM
What happened during the AA game week that kept Murray from playing much in the game? Did he have a bad week at practice? There had to be more to his star 'adjustment' than just his lack of PT during the game.

Texas coaches meant that wells and snead got to showcase due to being from texas is what ive heard

KingDavid
1/21/2006, 10:26 AM
IMO/JMO - It's/Just my opinion - ????
TRRW - ????

Rookie questions. Sorry. :confused:

Widescreen
1/21/2006, 10:59 AM
The Real Roy Williams. Also designed as TGRW - The Great Roy Williams.

This is in contrast to TFRW - The Fake Roy Williams.

Harry Beanbag
1/21/2006, 11:14 AM
Texas coaches meant that wells and snead got to showcase due to being from texas is what ive heard

Wells is from Ohio.

Ruuuuuufus
1/21/2006, 11:36 AM

Yes, almost every report was saying Murray had a bad week in practice, and as such was dropped a little in the rankings... nothing to lose hair about.

On the contrary Mustain looked decent in practices. I think most the rankings were adjusted according more to the week of practices than the game we saw.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/21/2006, 12:03 PM
wells was on the squad coached by ted ginn's dad. um, yeah, he's going to showcase him a little.

i'm not too worried about murray as i expected him to struggle just like i expected peterson and bomar to struggle early a couple of years ago. however, once they got acclimated to the speed of the game, they did pretty well.

of course, if he has bad practices at OU, then he'll be a redshirt. the OU kid that impressed me the most was roark. i really expected him to get manhandled and he more than held his own. if the west wouldn't have had lemming projects at tackle, then they might have shown some offense.

BASSooner
1/21/2006, 12:32 PM
Yes, almost every report was saying Murray had a bad week in practice, and as such was dropped a little in the rankings... nothing to lose hair about.

On the contrary Mustain looked decent in practices. I think most the rankings were adjusted according more to the week of practices than the game we saw.
why didnt chad roark move up then?

Collier11
1/21/2006, 03:20 PM
Wells is from Ohio.

I stand corrected then

Ruuuuuufus
1/21/2006, 04:07 PM
why didnt chad roark move up then?

He did.

BASSooner
1/21/2006, 04:23 PM
He did.
oh well then good! How far though?

MojoRisen
1/21/2006, 04:32 PM
http://www.thisistheusfl.com/USFL/USFL%20Player%20Photos/Boston%20Breakers/Breakers%20Photos/dupree.jpg

I here we have a shot at this guy!

Frozen Sooner
1/21/2006, 05:01 PM
Murray's stock went down because he had a lousy week of practice at the AA game. It got reported on before the game several times that he was not very impressive in practice. Mustain, on the other hand, was VERY impressive in practice.

They don't move guys around that much based on the game itself, but they do look at how coachable the guys are in the practices and how they look running drills and such.

Murray only got the one touch because, frankly, he didn't earn more in practice. Don't worry, he's still going to be pretty good for us.

Ruuuuuufus
1/21/2006, 05:19 PM
oh well then good! How far though?

I think from the #11 center to #8 or somewhere around there. It's a little weird for centers because most of the time all they have to do is help one of the guards with a DT since there's no blitzing allowed. It looked like the DTs were mostly going outside so part of the time the centers didn't have anyone to block. Roark did hold his own against some of the bigger d-linemen on the West squad during one on one drills during the week.

The Consumate Showman
1/21/2006, 05:52 PM
My bro-in-law talked to Chad and Craig after they got back from the AA game this year. Chad told him that the East guys seemed pretty weak, but he said that Al Woods and McCoy were the REAL deal. He said he went up against McCoy all weak and that McCoy was a man among boys out there.....