PDA

View Full Version : New Rivals 100

BOOMERBRADLEY
1/19/2006, 05:49 PM
We no longer have any 5 star players. Which to me is crap because they based it off of the Army all american game where Murray got about 3 carries.

However McCoy moved up to the #4 prospect in the country. If we land him were solid.

www.rivals.com

BASSooner
1/19/2006, 05:55 PM
the ranking game is a joke.

BASSooner
1/19/2006, 05:57 PM
on collegefootballnews, i think is WAYYYYY off. They have jevan snead ranked 13th overrall in the country which I think is bs. I'm not biased at all. I've seen him play in real life. I'm a senior in high school and his high school and mine are the most hated rivals.

Mjcpr
1/19/2006, 05:58 PM
on collegefootballnews, i think is WAYYYYY off. They have jevan snead ranked 13th overrall in the country which I think is bs. I'm not biased at all. I've seen him play in real life. I'm a senior in high school and his high school and mine are the most hated rivals.

Well, it doesn't sound biased.

;)

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/19/2006, 05:59 PM
rankings have become such a joke. uh oh, a lot of people saw this game so we'd better use it to influence our final decision.

that rose kid was going against a woefully overrated ian symonette. woohoo, he's the best DE i've ever seen.

wells was fed like a 1000 carries around the goal line, not to even mention he couldn't hit a hole, but he set records! he's the next bus!!

however, we can't let them see that we are influenced too much. i mean what did harvin do in that game?

http://rivals100.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=503026

this is pretty funny. notice that we have 5 defensive players moving up and mostly offensive players moving down? notice that the defensive players are all on the line? OL is one area that these guys suck at projecting.

BASSooner
1/19/2006, 06:01 PM
Yeah I just lost ALL respect for rivals.com

BASSooner
1/19/2006, 06:05 PM
I'll tell you guys something, snead may turn out to be a bust. Now I say MAYY because I saw him play and he performed poorly. When I saw him play against my team(which happend to be a recovery year.) He threw 2 picks and fumbled the ball ALL in the first half, not to mention the boys who picked it off were sophmores.

caphorns
1/19/2006, 06:09 PM
I'll tell you guys something, snead may turn out to be a bust. Now I say MAYY because I saw him play and he performed poorly. When I saw him play against my team(which happend to be a recovery year.) He threw 2 picks and fumbled the ball ALL in the first half, not to mention the boys who picked it off were sophmores.

How badly did your team lose the game ;)

BASSooner
1/19/2006, 06:11 PM
How badly did your team lose the game ;)
41-27 and my team had one of the worst in years thats why our stars were sophmores and some juniors;)

caphorns
1/19/2006, 06:12 PM
Close one :rolleyes:

I thought Stephenville's biggest rival was Brownwood who they smoked 49-10 or something?

BASSooner
1/19/2006, 06:13 PM
they were NAAAAAAASSSSSTTTTTYYYYYYY rivals but i think they moved up to 5A.

BASSooner
1/19/2006, 06:14 PM
they were good until kirby left to become a cane

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/19/2006, 06:14 PM
snead seems like a perfect fit for the texas passing offense - he keyed on either the TE over the middle or the vertical. the question is whether he can buy himself enough time to get those throws off like vince could.

BASSooner
1/19/2006, 06:15 PM
probably but his decision making needs MAAAJJJOORRR improvement. He hesitates a LOT!

BASSooner
1/19/2006, 06:18 PM
oooo yeah why didn't mustain fall down from the rankings? His performance was pathetic. Oh yeah nvm, they love him.

caphorns
1/19/2006, 06:26 PM
Even when Snead was making the tough decision to switch to Texas, he didn't let it interfere with Stephenville's season. He started rethinking things during the summer and was swayed more when he attended the Texas-Oklahoma game.

Just wanted to thank you guys once again :)

Anyway, Snead ran the spread offense at Stephenville and racked up impressive stats no doubt. The offense has changed since the days of Art Briles. This is actually the first time I've heard much negative said about Snead's decision-making. According to most reports he makes quick reads, throws well on the run and can take off if necessary. He's not Vince. But, he could present a challenge for you guys. The nicest part is that he's very familiar with the spread option.

Harry Beanbag
1/19/2006, 06:42 PM
snead seems like a perfect fit for the texas passing offense - he keyed on either the TE over the middle or the vertical. the question is whether he can buy himself enough time to get those throws off like vince could.

From what I saw in the Army game, Snead runs like Bomar...or should I say gets obliterated on his running plays like Bomar.

The Tebow kid looked like he has the subtle elusivity (is that a word?), sort of Vincesque.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/19/2006, 07:06 PM
who i thought of was hybl, but we'll go with your pick ;)

since this doesn't read well...
there is a massive difference between being fast and being elusive. look no further than reggie mcneil for what i'm talking about...

i'll change it to...
i agree with what you are saying. in college football elusive is 100x more important than speed. look no further than reggie mcneil

The Consumate Showman
1/19/2006, 09:33 PM
elusivity (is that a word?)

Yes...

Has a nice ring to it...

Vincesque.

HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!:mad: ;)

MojoRisen
1/19/2006, 10:47 PM

Quarterbacks get hyped- ussually today most somewhat atheletes are steered to QB- Daddy is coach and they learn early how to hit a deep ball and run a cross buck-

Sneed was the only quarterback that played well in teh AA game- he hit some tough Deep/corner passes and seemed to be on q with his fellow teamate... F em anyway but let's say he is as good as Gmby..

One deminsional....

BASSooner
1/20/2006, 12:14 AM
When I saw him play he had pretty good pocket presense but he could NOT run worth a flip!

NormanPride
1/20/2006, 12:00 PM
Snead looked okay, but he also threw a bunch of pretty easy routes in a game where all they did was throw. That, and the opposing DLine was terrible.

I'm convinced that scouts can't tell the difference between an OL that is just huge and sits on people, and one that is actually strong and can move them. Symonette is a perfect example of a guy that just sits on people and hasn't had to use much technique.

Beef
1/20/2006, 12:30 PM
Snead's team lost to a bunch of spoiled, rich, unathletic kids in the playoffs this year. He can't be that good.

BASSooner
1/31/2006, 03:26 PM
Snead's team lost to a bunch of spoiled, rich, unathletic kids in the playoffs this year. He can't be that good.
Matt Stafford happen to be on that team...

TMcGee86
1/31/2006, 04:45 PM
41-27 and my team had one of the worst in years thats why our stars were sophmores and some juniors;)

You play for Aledo?

I went to Abilene Wylie. You guys have a good program.

But Brownwood didn't go to 5A, they just moved districts. I would still say that is their biggest rival.

BASSooner
1/31/2006, 05:05 PM
Yeah you guys beat us this year. Y'all still have a good program goin on