PDA

View Full Version : Next Years Depth Chart

NickZeppelin
1/19/2006, 04:26 PM
This is just a guess mostly. Especially at the offensive line. And at the safety spots. There's no way to know for sure about those positions.

QB
Rhett Bomar So.
Joey Halzle So. or
Sam Bradford Fr.

RB
Adrian Peterson Jr.
Allan Patrick Jr. or
DeMarco Murray Fr.

FB
Matt Clapp So.
Dane Zaslaw Jr.

WR1
Malcolm Kelly So.
Quintin Chaney So.

WR2
Juaquin Iglaseas So.
Eric Huggins RFr.

WR3
Manual Johnson So.
Paul Thompson Sr.

TE
Joe Jon Finley Jr.
Aaron Cummings RFr

OT
Chris Messner Sr. or
Brandon Braxton So. or
Sherrone Moore Jr. or
Curtis Bailey Fr. or
Ben Barriesi RFr.

OG
Duke Robinson So. or
JD Quinn So. or
Chase Beeler Fr. or
Cory Brandon Fr. or
Billy Blackard RFr. or
Chad Roark Fr.

C
Jon Cooper
Jesse White or
Chad Roark

Defense
DE
Larry Birdine Sr. and
CJ Ah You Sr
Calvin Thibideaux Sr.
John Williams Jr. or
Alonzo Dotson Jr.

DT
Carl Pendelton Jr. and
Cory Bennett So.
Demarcus Granger RFr. or
Brian Simmson RFr. or
Steven Coleman Jr.

If McCoy signs here he'll probably have a shot at starting here too. But he hasn't signed yet so I don't have him listed.

SLB
Ryan Reynolds So.
Demarrio Pleasant Jr.

MLB
Zach Latimer Sr.
Curtis Lofton So.

WLB
Rufus Alexander Sr.
Lamont Robinson RFr.

CB
D.J. Wolfe Jr.
Marcus Walker Jr. or
Reggie Smith So. or
Keenan Clayton RFr. or
Brian Jackson RFr

FS
Nic Harris So. or
Darren Williams Jr. or
Lewis Baker Jr. or
Jason Carter Sr.

SS
Reggie Smith So. or
Keenan Clatyon RFr. or
Jason Carter Sr. or

DBs starting spots depend on if Marcus Walker is health and free safety could really be anyone starting there. I think if Walker is healthy he starts and Reggie Smith is the SS. If Walker isn't healthy then Smith will move to corner.

K
Garrett Hartley Jr.

P
Cody Freeby Jr.

NormanPride
1/19/2006, 04:47 PM
You have Birdine starting over Thibs? But he sucks and only started one game! Thibs started all last year!!11!

;)

soonerinabilene
1/19/2006, 05:59 PM
if patterson is eligible, where would he be at the lb spot?

Tear Down This Wall
1/19/2006, 06:01 PM
Newsflash - Thibs was a senior this year...unless he's gotten some injury hardship thingy.

NickZeppelin
1/19/2006, 06:04 PM
Newsflash - Thibs was a senior this year...unless he's gotten some injury hardship thingy.

Which he has.

BOOMERBRADLEY
1/19/2006, 06:11 PM
Curtis Lofton is a sophomore by the way

Tear Down This Wall
1/19/2006, 06:16 PM
Curtis Lofton is a sophomore by the way

Meanwhile, my eligibility is still used up.

Soonerman08
1/19/2006, 06:22 PM
We have quite the talent pool at each position. I like it.

starclassic tama
1/19/2006, 06:33 PM
whats up nick did you forget to tell us how bad we suck at each position and how we wont win another game unless we get a whole new team?

snp
1/19/2006, 06:38 PM
Wow, we're kinda oldballs at the DE position.

OUGreg723
1/19/2006, 07:11 PM
cooooool. yeah we are very old balls at DE.

SouthFortySooner
1/19/2006, 07:16 PM
Thank you nick, curious as to why clapp over zaslaw? anyone

NickZeppelin
1/19/2006, 07:30 PM
It's a guess at this point. Zaslaw could win that battle.

CatfishSooner
1/19/2006, 07:44 PM
That looks like a pretty dam good team....lots of talent...

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/19/2006, 08:32 PM
You put enough true freshman on the depth chart....how is that possible for a program that is done and can't compete ;)

NickZeppelin
1/19/2006, 08:54 PM
I think there's a chance that a true freshman starts at one of the safety spots too. I just am not sure which one's at this point. A lot of true freshmen will probably play in some places because the guys playing in those places last year weren't good enough.

BillyBall
1/19/2006, 08:54 PM
You think Lendy Holmes will return punts?;)

MojoRisen
1/19/2006, 08:59 PM
Which he has.

They will rotate- and be very capable and very fresh the entire game- think about that- Birdine is likely slighty better than tBow and his injury isn't going to hamper him like a knee or a shoulder- I expect him to be sick next year.

We will be 2 deep with a lot of talent- we can get aggresive.

MD

SoonerStormchaser
1/20/2006, 09:05 AM
Our secondary should be pretty solid, especially at cornerback and with Smith's game getting better and better at SS (grant it he stays there) we should be pretty dang good. For once we haven't rotated our Secondary coach and we'll probably get to be pretty consistent there.

NormanPride
1/20/2006, 10:31 AM
With the loss of Chet, I have no idea what our defense will look like. The only reason we ran the 4-3 was because we had him and we could disguise our coverages a lot better. It will be interesting to see how Venables performs without a LB like that to lean on.

Duke o Brewery
1/20/2006, 07:51 PM
Thank you nick, curious as to why clapp over zaslaw? anyone

Clapp was billed as the top HS fullback in the nation his senior year and he's had a year to condition and learn from JD. Zaslaw is solid too, but Clapp just seems to be the front runner at the present. Zaslaw could show him up during the spring of course...

Scott D
1/20/2006, 08:02 PM
This is just conjecture, no inside info, no overlord insight....but, you shouldn't pencil any freshmen in right now Nick. Now in just under 2 weeks after those nice hot faxes of letters of intent start coming off of the press in Norman you plug the freshmen in then by all means do it.

I think it'd take a very impressive spring out of Ryan Reynolds to take the SLB spot from Pleasant. Also, Keenan Clayton is a safety, along with Brian Jackson...however Jackson may be the easier of the two to 'convert' to corner.

If Reggie Smith is moved to corner, then Nic Harris will likely be moved to his more natural position of SS. If I had to make a guess, provided Tabon signs he's likely the FS that this roster is missing....however fans would have to deal with Freshman growing pains again in the secondary.

The mystery piece of the puzzle in the secondary is Marcus Walker and will remain so until the season starts. If Walker is for the most part fully healthy than he and Smith could concievably be the starting corners, with DJ being the nickleback.

Also, I'd expect Huggins to see the field before Chaney.

Sonner magic923
1/20/2006, 08:03 PM
Man I hope they are as good as advertised that was a big loss with JD

TXBOOMER
1/20/2006, 08:43 PM
My money is on Chris Patterson taking that Sam LB spot from Demarrio after the second or third game if he qualifies. We are deep at LB for sure. OUr D should be sick next year.

NickZeppelin
1/21/2006, 01:34 AM
I'm pretty confident that Reynolds starts next year. Patterson will be the backup WLB and will start after Alexander graduates. Pleasant is a good linebacker but Reynolds is a freak from what I've heard. I think he's gonna be even better then Rufus when he's done.

NormanPride
1/21/2006, 11:01 AM
You sure Jackson is a safety, Scott? I know lots of people say he's more suited to play safety, but he's been playing corner from what I've heard. FWIW, BJW likes him there...

KingDavid
1/21/2006, 11:04 AM
You have Birdine starting over Thibs? But he sucks and only started one game! Thibs started all last year!!11!

;)

Is this a joke? Tibs is awesome, but if Birdine is healthy, he will be a first or second round selection. He is a freak. DE is our strongest position anywhere on the field. All of the top three (arguably the top 4) could start anywhere else in Div. I. Williams was looking so good before he got hurt.

NormanPride
1/21/2006, 11:21 AM
Is this a joke? Tibs is awesome, but if Birdine is healthy, he will be a first or second round selection. He is a freak. DE is our strongest position anywhere on the field. All of the top three (arguably the top 4) could start anywhere else in Div. I. Williams was looking so good before he got hurt.

Yes. It was a joke. Notice the WINKING FACE THINGY. :mack:

Scott D
1/21/2006, 11:43 AM
You sure Jackson is a safety, Scott? I know lots of people say he's more suited to play safety, but he's been playing corner from what I've heard. FWIW, BJW likes him there...

From his recruiting film he played safety. That's why I added the qualifier that between him and Keenan Clayton he might be the more likely one to be converted to corner.

Yeah....do a search for Birdine and posts by NickZepp that date back to before the season/beginning of the season, and you'll understand that post a lot more.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/21/2006, 01:49 PM
Nick is the John Kerry of posters.....First we won't ever get another recruit from the state of Texas because of a certain National Championship. Now that we can't get recruits, somehow about 10 of these recruits we can't get are on the depth chart. Then he will say it is because we sucked so bad last year despite beating the #5 team in the country in our bowl game. Yes Yes hard to follow

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/21/2006, 01:55 PM
also putting Murray in front of Guit is just crazy talk, Jacob has run against D-1 talent and had 100 yards, until Murray does that, he will be behind him in my book.

NickZeppelin
1/21/2006, 03:56 PM
Gute may not play at all next year. That knee may keep him out for as long as 10 months which would mean he could be back by October or around there.

We don't have much talent in here right now it's pretty obvious from last year I would think Gandalf. Anyone can come in and play at some positions.

KingDavid
1/21/2006, 04:22 PM
Yes. It was a joke. Notice the WINKING FACE THINGY. :mack:

Saw that right after I posted. My bad. Can someone tell me who/what TRRW is short for?

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/21/2006, 04:40 PM
Wow a team with limited talent managed to defeat the #5 team in the country? A team with limited talent managed to win 7 and should have been 8 games against the toughest schedule in the country? I guess I am drinking the Kool Aid

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/21/2006, 04:41 PM
TRRW = The Real Roy Williams - #31 for the Cowboys
TFRW = The Fake Roy Williams - That guy who drops lots of passes for the Lions ;)

Scott D
1/22/2006, 04:32 AM
TRRW = The Real Roy Williams - #31 for the Cowboys
TFRW = The Fake Roy Williams - That guy who drops lots of passes for the Lions ;)

I wouldn't say he drops em...more like he extends his arms just enough to not catch them.

Blue
1/22/2006, 04:40 AM
We don't have much talent in here right now it's pretty obvious from last year I would think Gandalf. Anyone can come in and play at some positions.

Are you ****ing kidding?

The team is loaded w/ talent. All we need is a few things to come together, beat UO and texas, and win the games we're supposed to and we're in the Fiesta.

Flagstaffsooner
1/22/2006, 04:46 AM
Are you ****ing kidding?

The team is loaded w/ talent. All we need is a few things to come together, beat UO and texas, and win the games we're supposed to and we're in the Fiesta.You must realize that Nick has been predicting the end of the world since the Nixon administration and he is only like 16 years old.:D

frou
1/22/2006, 09:45 AM
Nick during season: Stoops should be fired. This is one of the most talented teams Stoops has ever had.

Nick today: Anyone can come in and play.

Which way suits you best? Can you actually see out of that hole you dug yourself?

NickZeppelin
1/22/2006, 10:19 AM
I'm sorry this team wasn't loaded with talent at the offensive line and defensive back positions and the best weapon on this team is running back and he won't be able to get yards like he has if the offensive line isn't playing well and our passing game won't do a thing if they can't block. Right now I'm not sure if they can.