PDA

View Full Version : Chirac Threatens to Nuke Someone...

OklahomaTuba
1/19/2006, 01:45 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41233000/jpg/_41233352_chirac_ap203body.jpg
Unilateral neocon cowboy Jacques Chirac (or Le Worm as he is called in the UK) is brandishing his nukes:

French President Jacques Chirac has said France would be ready to use nuclear weapons against any state which launched a terrorist attack against it.

Speaking at a nuclear submarine base in north-western France, Mr Chirac said a French response “could be conventional. It could also be of another nature.”

He said France’s nuclear forces had been configured for such an event.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4627862.stm

Okieflyer
1/19/2006, 01:47 PM
Yeah, very wierd when liberals start saying things like this.

Even Hillary is in on it.
Sen. Clinton calls for sanctions against Iran
(http://www.dailyprincetonian.com/archives/2006/01/18/news/14290.shtml)

soonerscuba
1/19/2006, 01:50 PM
Iran is an identifiable and legitimate threat to the security of many nations, not a ****-lot that has a beef against someone's daddy without any ability to harm or impose any threat to American safety, yes, crazy liberals.

mdklatt
1/19/2006, 01:50 PM
Yeah, very wierd when liberals start saying things like this.

Even Hillary is in on it.
Sen. Clinton calls for sanctions against Iran
(http://www.dailyprincetonian.com/archives/2006/01/18/news/14290.shtml)

Sanctions are the typical liberal response, aren't they? And they worked so well in Iraq.

Maybe if we're really lucky the UN will issue a stern warning that it never intends to follow up on.

OklahomaTuba
1/19/2006, 01:54 PM
Iran is an identifiable and legitimate threat to the security of many nations, not a ****-lot that has a beef against someone's daddy without any ability to harm or impose any threat to American safety, yes, crazy liberals.I guess if you ignore the support of terrorists and threats to our allies and breaking of cease fire, oh and the fact that everyone thought he had WMD at the time and the corrpution at the UN that wouldn't do anything to him, then you might be half right.

But all in all, your statement shows how little you know about Iraq. A common thread amoing most libz it seems.

mrowl
1/19/2006, 01:56 PM
Why do I picture the opening scene from WarGames?

tournez votre clef!

Okieflyer
1/19/2006, 01:58 PM
Iran is an identifiable and legitimate threat to the security of many nations, not a ****-lot that has a beef against someone's daddy without any ability to harm or impose any threat to American safety, yes, crazy liberals.

That's right because liberals are saying it now, huh? ;)

soonerscuba
1/19/2006, 01:59 PM
Well, we weren't the ones who planned this particular disaster. Your admin, your mistakes and no amount of revisionism is going to change that.

OklahomaTuba
1/19/2006, 02:00 PM
I wonder. How is Iran a threat to the USA? Really? Do they have missles that can reach the USA? If not, what makes Iran so much different than Iraq?

Iraq had TONS of enriched uranium. Exactly what Iran is trying to do. So whats different?

Fugue
1/19/2006, 02:01 PM
no amount of revisionism is going to change that.

unless they hire the Clintons to do it. ;) :D

Okieflyer
Well, we weren't the ones who planned this particular disaster. Your admin, your mistakes and no amount of revisionism is going to change that.

Man, you did that just like you read that off the fax machine. Oh you probably did.

Hey, I'm all for it and getting syria too!:D

soonerscuba
That's right because liberals are saying it now, huh? ;)

To be serious if Bush wanted to go after someone that was questionable the dems and moderate reps. would howl like a banshee a thousand times nay. It should be a telling sign that Iran is seen as a threat by Dems, because if Bush tried to invade Grenada, the Dems would impale him on it.

OklahomaTuba
1/19/2006, 02:03 PM
Funny, since most of the dims supported going after Iraq as well.

The Iraq Liberation Act was signed by a dim president even.

Okieflyer
1/19/2006, 02:03 PM
To be serious if Bush wanted to go after someone that was questionable the dems and moderate reps. would howl like a banshee a thousand times nay. It should be a telling sign that Iran is seen as a threat by Dems, because if Bush tried to invade Grenada, the Dems would impale him on it.
Actually, I agree with Chirac on this one.

mdklatt
1/19/2006, 02:09 PM
I wonder. How is Iran a threat to the USA? Really? Do they have missles that can reach the USA? If not, what makes Iran so much different than Iraq?

Iran is a known state sponsor of terrorism (Hezbollah, I believe). I think the jury is still out about Saddam. Saddam was more crazy like a fox, while I wonder if all those Iranian ayotollahs are just plain crazy.

Okla-homey
1/19/2006, 02:11 PM
Actually, it would be kinda cool to sit back with a couple of beers on our side of the Atlantic and watch France and Iran bomb each other back to the stone age. Kind of like an "international celebrity death match";)

I've got $50.00 on the Persians. Any takers? Prolly not, since France has not had a winning season since they fired Coach Napolean.

Pieces Hit
1/19/2006, 02:11 PM
This ole world ain't for long.

No wonder the aliens aren't talking to us.

We're like the white trash neighbor who beats his wife.

OklahomaTuba
1/19/2006, 02:18 PM
Iran is a known state sponsor of terrorism (Hezbollah, I believe). I think the jury is still out about Saddam.
Wow. And Saddam's Iraq didn't sponsor terrorism? Thats a new one.

Okla-homey
1/19/2006, 02:19 PM
This ole world ain't for long.

No wonder the aliens aren't talking to us.

We're like the white trash neighbor who beats his wife.

Or Beano's crazy lady across the street.

TUSooner
1/19/2006, 02:29 PM
I've got $50.00 on the Persians. Any takers? Prolly not, since France has not had a winning season since they fired Coach Napolean.
Yeah, but the Persians haven't made the playoffs since Greece, a few millenia ago. Although they had moderate successes in their road exhibitions in India in recent centuries, their most recent test was a high-scoring draw (after 10 OTs) against an overrated Iraqi side. And France has the better air game.

mdklatt
1/19/2006, 02:32 PM
And Saddam's Iraq didn't sponsor terrorism? Thats a new one.

I don't know, did it? Is there anything other than circumstantial evidence at this point?

OklahomaTuba
1/19/2006, 02:34 PM
I don't know, did it? Is there anything other than circumstantial evidence at this point?
http://www.nndb.com/people/952/000032856/zarqawi-hs.jpg

Rhino
1/19/2006, 02:35 PM
Why the 'z' on 'libz', but not on 'dims'? I don't get the inconsistency.

Stupid Goonerz.

OklahomaTuba
1/19/2006, 02:37 PM
Oh, and this...

Iraq planned and sponsored international terrorism in 2002. Throughout the year, the Iraqi Intelligence Services (IIS) laid the groundwork for possible attacks against civilian and military targets in the United States and other Western countries. The IIS reportedly instructed its agents in early 2001 that their main mission was to obtain information about US and Israeli targets. The IIS also threatened dissidents in the Near East and Europe and stole records and computer files detailing antiregime activity. In December 2002, the press claimed Iraqi intelligence killed Walid al-Mayahi, a Shi’a Iraqi refugee in Lebanon and member of the Iraqi National Congress.

Iraq was a safehaven, transit point, and operational base for groups and individuals who direct violence against the United States, Israel, and other countries. Baghdad overtly assisted two categories of Iraqi-based terrorist organizations—Iranian dissidents devoted to toppling the Iranian Government and a variety of Palestinian groups opposed to peace with Israel. The groups include the Iranian Mujahedin-e Khalq, the Abu Nidal organization (although Iraq reportedly killed its leader), the Palestine Liberation Front (PLF), and the Arab Liberation Front (ALF). In the past year, the PLF increased its operational activity against Israel and sent its members to Iraq for training for future terrorist attacks.

Baghdad provided material assistance to other Palestinian terrorist groups that are in the forefront of the intifadah. The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-General Command, HAMAS, and the Palestine Islamic Jihad are the three most important groups to whom Baghdad has extended outreach and support efforts.

Saddam paid the families of Palestinian suicide bombers to encourage Palestinian terrorism, channeling $25,000 since March through the ALF alone to families of suicide bombers in Gaza and the West Bank. Public testimonials by Palestinian civilians and officials and cancelled checks captured by Israel in the West Bank verify the transfer of a considerable amount of Iraqi money.

The presence of several hundred al-Qaida operatives fighting with the small Kurdish Islamist group Ansar al-Islam in the northeastern corner of Iraqi Kurdistan—where the IIS operates—is well documented. Iraq has an agent in the most senior levels of Ansar al-Islam as well. In addition, small numbers of highly placed al-Qaida militants were present in Baghdad and areas of Iraq that Saddam controls. It is inconceivable these groups were in Iraq without the knowledge and acquiescence of Saddam’s regime. In the past year, al-Qaida operatives in northern Iraq concocted suspect chemicals under the direction of senior al-Qaida associate Abu Mus’ab al-Zarqawi and tried to smuggle them into Russia, Western Europe, and the United States for terrorist operations.

Iraq is a party to five of the 12 international conventions and protocols relating to terrorism.

http://www.state.gov/s/ct/rls/pgtrpt/2002/html/19988.htm

Okla-homey
Yeah, but the Persians haven't made the playoffs since Greece, a few millenia ago. Although they had moderate successes in their road exhibitions in India in recent centuries, their most recent test was a high-scoring draw (after 10 OTs) against an overrated Iraqi side. And France has the better air game.

Thus, it could come down to whoever wants it more. France has plenty of talent and needs a win in order to gain respect in the conference. Iran may be able to leverage France's tendency not to take its opponents seriously and beat them on defense by capitalizing on their demonstrated ability to withstand enormous punishement through all four quarters while holding their opponents offense to minimal scoring opportunities. In short, France's offense, while powerful, is brittle and could crack when it comes up against a stubborn D.

TUSooner
Evidence?! We don't need no stinkin' evidence!

OklahomaTuba
1/19/2006, 02:39 PM
Evidence?! We don't need no stinkin' evidence! Guess you didn't see my posts above, huh?

SoonerProphet
1/19/2006, 02:45 PM
WRONG!! Ansar Al Islam was in Kurdish controlled region, not controlled by secular mustachioed guy.

mdklatt
1/19/2006, 02:48 PM
Guess you didn't see my posts above, huh?

Who is in that picture?

According to the State Deptarment Iraq supported regional terrorist groups, but Hezbollah has attacked US and European interests. Iraq was clearly a regional threat, but Iran is even scarier.

SoonerProphet
1/19/2006, 02:49 PM
Oh, and this...
http://www.state.gov/s/ct/rls/pgtrpt/2002/html/19988.htm

Cause State and various other government goons never recieved any cooked up info from Chalabi or the INC. It is all on the straight and narrow I'm sure.

OklahomaTuba
1/19/2006, 02:50 PM
WRONG!! Ansar Al Islam was in Kurdish controlled region, not controlled by secular mustachioed guy.Why was Ansar Al Islam in that region to begin with Prophet? Who funded them to be there? It wasn't the Kurds now was it?

OklahomaTuba
1/19/2006, 02:53 PM
Who is in that picture?

According to the State Deptarment Iraq supported regional terrorist groups, but Hezbollah has attacked US and European interests. Iraq was clearly a regional threat, but Iran is even scarier.

So Iraq never attacked US interests?

I guess those planes getting shot at enforcing the no-fly zone never happened then, or the FACT Saddam offered Osama "safe haven" in Iraq didn't mean much huh?

SoonerProphet
1/19/2006, 02:53 PM
yeah, if i wanted a destablizing radical islamic group in my backyard i'd float em some cash, makes sense to me.

OklahomaTuba
1/19/2006, 02:56 PM
yeah, if i wanted a destablizing radical islamic group in my backyard i'd float em some cash, makes sense to me.
Why not?
If anyone doesn't like it, they can choose their mass grave. Saddam had lots of those.

soonerscuba
1/19/2006, 03:02 PM
France and Germany would control the line of scrimmage, but the feisty backfield of Israel and the U.S. would provide a critical one two-punch. Plus, God has a better career record than Allah and has beaten him consistently recently.

mdklatt
1/19/2006, 03:02 PM
Why was Ansar Al Islam in that region to begin with Prophet? Who funded them to be there? It wasn't the Kurds now was it?

The presence of several hundred al-Qaida operatives fighting with the small Kurdish Islamist group Ansar al-Islam in the northeastern corner of Iraqi Kurdistan—where the IIS operates—is well documented.

Don't you think a "Kurdish Islamist group" would be working against Saddam? I also don't see how "where the IIS operates" is relevant. The FBI operates in the US--does that make them in cahoots with the 9/11 hijackers?

Iraq has an agent in the most senior levels of Ansar al-Islam as well.

"[A]gent" as in "spy"? The CIA had agents in the most senior levels of the Soviet government as well.

In addition, small numbers of highly placed al-Qaida militants were present in Baghdad and areas of Iraq that Saddam controls. It is inconceivable these groups were in Iraq without the knowledge and acquiescence of Saddam’s regime.

This isn't exactly a smoking gun, either.

Harry Beanbag
1/19/2006, 03:04 PM
Spek to homey and tu for the entertaining commentary. :)

It really is too bad that Tuba has such a bad rep around here because some the garbage that people post just to show that they don't like him is truly idiotic.

OklahomaTuba
1/19/2006, 03:07 PM
Don't you think a "Kurdish Islamist group" would be working against Saddam? Depends. Was there not a "civil war" going on between the Kurds???

OklahomaTuba
1/19/2006, 03:11 PM
This isn't exactly a smoking gun, either.There is more in the Senate Intel Report. You should read it sometime. Iraq was without a doubt a terror sponsering state. Just like Iran. But hey, if you want to burry your head in the sand and look for any reason to deny it, be my guest. They are denying the Holocaust ever happened in Iran these days...

Nevertheless, how is Iran and Iraq different? At least Iraq had invaded its neighbors and fired missles at our allies and our planes? Why is Iran so much worse now? Saddam bragged about his WMD, and Iran denies they have it.

I am betting this will be another leftiest moment, where all the libz and dimz start off supporting the war, just like Iraq, and then once things get tough they want to cut'n run. Very Kerryesque.

mdklatt
1/19/2006, 03:20 PM
Nevertheless, how is Iran and Iraq different? At least Iraq had invaded its neighbors and fired missles at our allies and our planes? Why is Iran so much worse now? Saddam bragged about his WMD, and Iran denies they have it.

Are you saying we shouldn't do anything about Iran?

For the record, I agree with us going into Iraq. Unfortunately, the argument the Bush administration used as the main selling point--terrorism--was the weakest one.

OklahomaTuba
1/19/2006, 03:27 PM
I don't know.

I know if we don't do anything about Iran, Isreal will.

This would fit the mold of the WOT in my opinion. Just not sure how serious we are as a country to fight this war. We probably won't be until someone gets a nuke and uses it here.

1stTimeCaller
1/19/2006, 03:27 PM
I bet someone changes another person's mind on where they stand on this issue.

Mark it down.

Harry Beanbag
1/19/2006, 03:37 PM
I don't think we have the military capable of doing to Iran what we did to Iraq. Not to mention the complications that Russia and China may present.

mdklatt
1/19/2006, 03:41 PM
I don't think we have the military capable of doing to Iran what we did to Iraq. Not to mention the complications that Russia and China may present.

Our goal isn't to take over the whole country (???), just destroy specific targets. We could manage that. Having nuclear-capable Koran-thumpers in their backyard can't make Russia and China all that happy, either. Publicly they might **** and moan, but do you think they'd be all that upset if Iran's nuclear program disappeared one night?

Harry Beanbag
1/19/2006, 03:43 PM
Our goal isn't to take over the whole country (???), just destroy specific targets. We could manage that. Having nuclear-capable Koran-thumpers in their backyard can't make Russia and China all that happy, either. Publicly they might **** and moan, but do you think they'd be all that upset if Iran's nuclear program disappeared one night?

Depends. How much money/oil is Iran planning on giving them?

mdklatt
1/19/2006, 03:48 PM
Depends. How much money/oil is Iran planning on giving them?

The Soviets have their own oil. China is dependent on foreign oil right now, but they might have untapped deposits in their western desserts. Is cheap oil worth having crazies with nukes?

OklahomaTuba
1/19/2006, 04:21 PM
The Soviets, heh.

They have oil, but it doesn't matter how much you have if you can't get it outta the ground and use it.

If Iranian oil goes off the market, like they are saying they will do, then it will **** the global economy since Iran is up there with The Kingdom in terms of production.

mdklatt
1/19/2006, 04:24 PM
They have oil, but it doesn't matter how much you have if you can't get it outta the ground and use it.

Once global warming melts the Siberian permafrost the Russians will be in better shape. ;)

OklahomaTuba
1/19/2006, 04:28 PM
I doubt global warming could even help those people. They are supa messed up.

Harry Beanbag
1/19/2006, 04:46 PM
Once global warming melts the Siberian permafrost the Russians will be in better shape. ;)

Good point. ;)

Octavian
1/19/2006, 04:48 PM
the argument the Bush administration used as the main selling point--terrorism--was the weakest one.

Not from from the administration's point of view. They used that argument to implement a dubious policy they wanted -and succeeded.

TexasLidig8r
1/19/2006, 05:32 PM
Why shouldn't we send in Mariano Rivera (the Israelis) to do the bloody work? We've done it before. We supply them satellite information... information from our moles...

Israel sends in their top of the line fighters... poof... bye nuke facility.

The UN Security Council condemns Israel... we applaud behind the scenes and let it be known that if anyone messes with Israel, we would be very very unhappy.

Sounds like a win - win situation to me. Israel is protecting its national sovereignty since Maddy McMadman, President of Iran, has already voiced his desire to commit Jewish genocide on a grand scale. The US looks like the measured voice of reason as we express how we were attempting to use diplomatic channels.

Harry Beanbag
1/19/2006, 06:26 PM
The Soviets have their own oil. China is dependent on foreign oil right now, but they might have untapped deposits in their western desserts.

I think eventually the Russians and Chinese will grow weary of large American military operations in their backyard.

Is cheap oil worth having crazies with nukes?

Not to me, but North Korea has them and they don't have any oil.

mdklatt
1/19/2006, 06:33 PM
I think eventually the Russians and Chinese will grow weary of large American military operations in their backyard.

No way we can even think about occupying much less invading Iran. A quick missile or air strike, and I think the Russians and Chinese would breathe a secret sigh of relief. While publicly condemning us, of course. I like the idea of letting Israel do it. Everybody already hates them more than us anyway. :D

Harry Beanbag
1/19/2006, 06:36 PM
No way we can even think about occupying much less invading Iran. A quick missile or air strike, and I think the Russians and Chinese would breathe a secret sigh of relief. While publicly condemning us, of course. I like the idea of letting Israel do it. Everybody already hates them more than us anyway. :D

If that's all we're talking about, then sure. I know we can't invade them with our pitifully small active military these days, but you never know about these politicians.