PDA

View Full Version : OU Attendance

soonervegas
1/19/2006, 01:24 PM
I wonder how close the "actual" attendance is between OU women and men? I do think OU's style of play does hurt attendance.

P.S. This is coming from a KS supporter.

NickZeppelin
1/19/2006, 01:45 PM
It's better then it was in the late Tubbs years I bet.

Sooner04
1/19/2006, 01:59 PM
I'd wager a guess that the men average between 7-8,000 a game at the moment. The women so far have averaged between 4-5,000.

The numbers the University puts out for men's basketball attendance are grossly inflated.

OUstud
1/19/2006, 04:44 PM
Sampson said in the paper today that the LNC "is a great place to watch a game", as it is more of a viewing venue than a bandbox, but it "has to be full to be loud".

soonervegas
1/19/2006, 04:47 PM
I agree. There really isn't a bad seat. I think most people just like their couch a little better.

Vegas Sooner
1/19/2006, 06:46 PM
When I went to OU I went to the games--What is wrong is the LNC atmosphere. It doesnt feel like you are a part of the game, when the student section is 1/2 a block away from the court.

MojoRisen
1/19/2006, 09:25 PM
I see Sampson is hearing about Attendance- it is interesting to see his spin-

He will have to adjust and get more up tempo- I hope he does... I want to believe we can beat good teams.... we need to prepare for the Tourney- in game adjustments - wrenches,seat of pants basketball, in game adjustments wins games in the tourney. We have some talent and by the end of the year I hope he pulls a Denny Crum- but he needs to eventually get up tempo- especially with next years class- if we score 65-70 points a game next year- I/ll Puke in my mouth..

IronSooner
1/19/2006, 11:15 PM
Sampson said in the paper today that the LNC "is a great place to watch a game", as it is more of a viewing venue than a bandbox, but it "has to be full to be loud".

As a student I was lucky to get the seats near the band and feel like I was participating. People in the upper section watch, they don't participate. it's like having a slightly better seat than your couch. It's still a little dark up there, far away, and even a lot of the people with better seats aren't that loud, so it doesn't exactly spread to the upper level.

OUstud
1/20/2006, 06:28 PM
As a student I was lucky to get the seats near the band and feel like I was participating. People in the upper section watch, they don't participate. it's like having a slightly better seat than your couch. It's still a little dark up there, far away, and even a lot of the people with better seats aren't that loud, so it doesn't exactly spread to the upper level.

I caught the "watch" too. Pretty good arena to lounge and watch, doesn't do much to pump you up.

william_brasky
1/21/2006, 06:04 AM

I wonder how many games Sampson has watched from the stands at LNC.

OUstud
1/21/2006, 04:09 PM
Good, loud crowd today, in my opinion. Should be really good against Saxet.

OUDizzle
1/21/2006, 04:33 PM
but they killed top dawg :(

Jay C. Upchurch
1/21/2006, 11:55 PM
They didn't kill Top Dawg. They retired him to a stud farm. He's living it up doggie style (no pun intended).