PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else use Netflix?

IB4OU2
1/19/2006, 12:25 PM
Since I live in a very rural area without close access to the Blockbusters/Hastings media stores, I'm finding Netflix to be a pretty efficient way of getting movies. I can select movies days in advance on the internet and they provide 2 new movies after the ones I just watched are returned. They also let you rate each movie as it is returned, postage paid, and I'm paying on average about $2.75 per movie. So far I'm a pretty satisfied customer.

85Sooner
1/19/2006, 12:29 PM
been a member for years great stuff,

GDC
1/19/2006, 12:32 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53849&highlight=queue

I like it a lot. I can never remember the movies I want to rent when I go to the video store.

OUstudent4life
1/19/2006, 12:39 PM
plus, Blockbuster is about to go under.

critical_phil
1/19/2006, 12:43 PM
i use gameznflix.com

i think they're a little slower to add titles and their turn around time isn't quite up to par with netflix - but it's worth it to be able to rent games and movies.

http://x11.putfile.com/12/34913303890.jpg

when i joined, they had a deal where you could get 8 games/movies out at one time if you pre-pay for the year ($249). they've since changed it to 6 out at one time.

still hellacheaper than blockbuster...

Pieces Hit
1/19/2006, 12:52 PM
Did Netflix for several months.
The turn around time was too slow for me and also got a few that were broken or unwatchable.
I didn't think it was worth it.

Red October
1/19/2006, 01:33 PM
Netflix is great. I just sent Batman Begins back because it had too many scratches on it, and it wouldnt play right, but other than that, they have been golden.

Also, I have my que set up to watch every episode of the Sopranos in sequential order. :) I generally watch 3 movies or discs per week. The turnaround has been good, and the selection has always been very good..

ultimatesooner1
1/19/2006, 02:43 PM
I can watch about 4 per week right now w/ the 2 at a time unlimited if I find time to watch them. Much better than blockbuster since they raised their prices

Mjcpr
1/19/2006, 02:54 PM
We had it for quite a while....no complaints. If you're a heavy movie watcher, it's worth it...especially if you live in the sticks. If I remember correctly, there's a return center in OKC so there is little delay in their getting the movies back.

IB4OU2
1/19/2006, 03:00 PM
We had it for quite a while....no complaints. If you're a heavy movie watcher, it's worth it...especially if you live in the sticks. If I remember correctly, there's a return center in OKC so there is little delay in their getting the movies back.

Well, you know where I live and it's pretty stickish, cept' we got a golf course.

MichelleDawn
1/19/2006, 03:24 PM
I love Netflix !

Hatfield
1/19/2006, 03:28 PM
i use blockbuster since they give you 2 free instore rentals. I use them on games so basically it is like they are paying me to use their service.

sticking it to the man.