PDA

View Full Version : Bin Laden apparently has released some new tapes

Hatfield
1/19/2006, 10:34 AM
all over the news right now.

Hatfield
1/19/2006, 10:37 AM
Al-Jazeera aired an audiotape purportedly from Osama bin Laden on Thursday, saying al-Qaida is making preparations for attacks in the United States but offering a truce to build Iraq and Afghanistan.

The voice in the tape said heightened security measures in the United States are not the reason there have been no attacks there since Sept. 11, 2001. Instead, the reason is "because there are operations that need preparations, and you will see them," he said.

"Based on what I have said, it is better not to fight the Muslims on their land," he said. "We do not mind offering you a truce that is fair and long-term. ... So we can build Iraq and Afghanistan ... there is no shame in this solution because it prevents wasting of billions of dollars ... to merchants of war."

The speaker did not give conditions for a truce in the excerpts aired by Al-Jazeera.

Pieces Hit
1/19/2006, 10:37 AM
Apparantly he's making black market copies of Carrie's new CD.

What a rogue.

Widescreen
1/19/2006, 10:46 AM
The voice in the tape said heightened security measures in the United States are not the reason there have been no attacks there since Sept. 11, 2001. Instead, the reason is "because there are operations that need preparations, and you will see them," he said.
And we haven't killed bin Laden yet because we're prepping. We'll get him real soon now. Just you wait. :rolleyes:

Desert Sapper
1/19/2006, 10:49 AM
Yes, because as we all know, it is honorable to negotiate with known terrorists...although I find it hard to believe that it is Osama. Might be someone that sounds similar, but I doubt it's him.

Operations do need preparations, but 4 years? Give me a break. There is no longer a country with dedicated training area for them and its a heck of a lot harder to pull something off in this country than it was (not saying that its even close to hard, but it's better).

Hatfield
1/19/2006, 10:50 AM
his conditional truce is probably structured to take form right around mid-term elections to help the repubs. ;)

Pieces Hit
1/19/2006, 10:56 AM
Operations do need preparations, but 4 years? Give me a break. There is no longer a country with dedicated training area for them and its a heck of a lot harder to pull something off in this country than it was (not saying that its even close to hard, but it's better).He had said the 911 attack was 3 years in the making.

Hatfield
1/19/2006, 10:57 AM
Apparantly he's making black market copies of Carrie's new CD.

What a rogue.

nice to see that even terrorists won't bow down to napster and itunes

picasso
1/19/2006, 11:02 AM
can't wait to see his remains in a sludgy pile of crap.

crawfish
1/19/2006, 11:04 AM
I like the first single, "Rock the Queda".

Ok, I got nuthin'.

picasso
1/19/2006, 11:19 AM
DJ Bin Laddy?

n8v_ndn
1/19/2006, 11:22 AM
The Great Satan: Screwed and Chopped

Release Date: 1/19/06
Dirty Turban Records

Harry Beanbag
1/19/2006, 12:53 PM
"Based on what I have said, it is better not to fight the Muslims on their land," he said.

Whatever you say there slappy.

KABOOKIE
1/19/2006, 01:18 PM
bring it. dont sing it.

fadada1
1/19/2006, 01:38 PM
the NSA picked up the communicae from a conversation with osama and SF.com moderators. all without probable cause.

Mjcpr
1/19/2006, 01:39 PM
Surely you guys don't think we're immune from another attack do you? How hard would it be for them to set off a dirty bomb(s)? Or even easier, suicide bombs?

There's no doubt we're better prepared now than we were 4 1/2 years ago, but it would be impossible to prevent something from happening again.

Pieces Hit
1/19/2006, 01:44 PM
There's no doubt we're better prepared now than we were 4 1/2 years ago, bKatrina proved that...

fadada1
1/19/2006, 01:44 PM
Surely you guys don't think we're immune from another attack do you? How hard would it be for them to set off a dirty bomb(s)? Or even easier, suicide bombs?

There's no doubt we're better prepared now than we were 4 1/2 years ago, but it would be impossible to prevent something from happening again.
EXACTLY!!!

i think the lesson learned from 9/11 is that "where there's a will, there's a way." if these nutbags want to do something, they will. i only hope that people aren't suprised if it does happen again (obviously, we don't want that).

Mjcpr
1/19/2006, 01:48 PM
Katrina proved that...

How do you know the response wouldn't have been worse if Katrina happened prior to 9/11/01?

I'm saying improvements have been made, not that they're perfect. And disaster response wasn't really what I was talking about anyway...more like the steps taken to keep planes from being hijaked. I would imagine it would be a lot harder today.

Pieces Hit
1/19/2006, 01:49 PM
Yeah I know, I was just making your knee jerk.

OklahomaTuba
1/19/2006, 01:50 PM
Any moment now, I expect some lib to say the words "peace in our time", and bend over and open wide ready to accept Bin Laden and his truce.

Oh wait, they are already kind of doing that with Iraq.

critical_phil
1/19/2006, 01:59 PM
Or even easier, suicide bombs?

i don't think this would be a good strategy, just from the fact that Joe Sixpack wouldn't stand for it.

if people think racial profiling is a huge issue now, let a couple of suicide bombs go off here at home. i wouldn't even want to sport a sun tan because :dean: might shoot me on sight and without cause.

which is why i think the security measures at the airport are a waste of time and money. security at the airport should be nothing but explosive-sniffing dogs. let another raghead try to take over a plane and see what the other passengers do to him.

mdklatt
1/19/2006, 02:00 PM
How do you know the response wouldn't have been worse if Katrina happened prior to 9/11/01?

Could it even have been worse? :eek:

And disaster response wasn't really what I was talking about anyway...more like the steps taken to keep planes from being hijaked. I would imagine it would be a lot harder today.

Hijackings are over regardless of what do-nothing inconveniences we now have to endure at the airport. United Flight 93 is evidence of that. The reason hijackings worked in the past was that the passengers had the expectation that it was in their best interest to cooperate. That will never be true again.

OklahomaTuba
1/19/2006, 02:11 PM
According to the AP, Osama IS NOT a mass murdering terrorist.
http://media.michellemalkin.com/images/dissident.jpg

Just a poor exiled dissident wanting to rebuild Iraq and Afganistan.

What a great guy!

mdklatt
1/19/2006, 02:12 PM
According to the AP, Osama IS NOT a mass murdering terrorist.

Just a poor exiled dissident wanting to rebuild Iraq and Afganistan.

Well, isn't he an exiled dissident too?

Stanley1
1/19/2006, 02:14 PM
Heh. Uncle Osama, doer of good, defender of the small people.

OklahomaTuba
1/19/2006, 02:16 PM
Well, isn't he an exiled dissident too?
Hmm, well, in the order of things that Good Ole Osama has done in his life, being a dissident might rank in 6-10 range.

I think mass murderer, or terrorist, or thug would fit better, but maybe thats just me.

Hatfield
1/19/2006, 02:18 PM
I must have missed where they said he wasn't a mass murdering terrorist.

Pieces Hit
1/19/2006, 02:19 PM
I liked him better when he was Cat Stevens.

OklahomaTuba
1/19/2006, 02:20 PM
I must have missed where they said he wasn't a mass murdering terrorist.
Try reading the cutline under the picture.

mdklatt
1/19/2006, 02:20 PM
Tony Dungy, the coach who can never win the big game, is seen on the sidelines after Pittsburgh beat Indianapolis on Sunday.

Hatfield
1/19/2006, 02:21 PM
I read the cutline. I don't see where they say he isn't a mass murdering terrorist. I see where they call him an exiled saudi dissident, but not where they say the other that you claim.

TUSooner
1/19/2006, 02:21 PM
His tapes were a lot better back then, too.

OklahomaTuba
1/19/2006, 02:23 PM
Oh no, he isn't a mass murdering terrorist. He is an exiled dissident who wants to rebuild Iraq and Afganistan.

mdklatt
1/19/2006, 02:23 PM
I read the cutline. I don't see where they say he isn't a mass murdering terrorist.

But it didn't say he WAS a mass murdering terrorist, did it? DID IT?

I rest my case.

OklahomaTuba
1/19/2006, 02:24 PM
Obviously Osama is a peaceful man.

mdklatt
1/19/2006, 02:25 PM
Oh no, he isn't a mass murdering terrorist. He is an exiled dissident who wants to rebuild Iraq and Afganistan.

Did you cut off some of that image or are you just seeing words that aren't there? If every news outlet constantly used sensationalist language how would Fox News be able to distinguish itself?

fadada1
1/19/2006, 02:27 PM
didn't he sing "moon shadow"??? oohhh, i love that track!!!

Rhino
1/19/2006, 02:27 PM
Also, he would like you to think that he doesn't eat babies, but he hasn't come out and denied that he eats babies.

Maybe that's because he's too busy eating babies!

Howzit
1/19/2006, 02:29 PM
I am bothered by the vernacular Osama chooses.

OklahomaTuba
Did you cut off some of that image or are you just seeing words that aren't there? If every news outlet constantly used sensationalist language how would Fox News be able to distinguish itself?

So calling someone who killed 3000+ Americans a terrorist and a murderer would be "sensationalist language"? :rolleyes:

Maybe you are right. Lets just call him an exile. Thats much more honest.

Pieces Hit
didn't he sing "moon shadow"??? oohhh, i love that track!!!Yes, and now you can substitute "moon shadow" with "tomahawk missile".

fadada1
1/19/2006, 02:31 PM
Yes, and now you can substitute "moon shadow" with "tomahawk missile".
is that kind of like "war, what's it good for?" better known as "war and peace".

Rhino
1/19/2006, 02:32 PM
His English sucks!

The new operations of al-Qaida has not happened not because we could not penetrate the security measures. has not happened not?

GO BACK TO YOUR OWN COUNTRY OR LEARN HOW TO SPEAK AMERICAN CORRECTLY!!

Hatfield
1/19/2006, 02:34 PM
Yes, and now you can substitute "moon shadow" with "tomahawk missile".

I'm being followed by a tomahawk missile....

hmmm...kind of catchy

yermom
1/19/2006, 02:34 PM

http://img495.imageshack.us/img495/3861/dissidentedited0cd.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

:D

Howzit
1/19/2006, 02:35 PM
Yeah, its the peace traaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiin!!!!1

mdklatt
1/19/2006, 02:37 PM
So calling someone who killed 3000+ Americans a terrorist and a murderer would be "sensationalist language"? :rolleyes:

The other day I saw Bill Clinton being referred to as "Former President" but they never once said anything about him being a serial adulterer. Crazy liberal media.

If the new standard is that by not explicitly saying one thing we're really saying the exact opposite than I think everybody's SF signature is going to have to get a lot longer.

OklahomaTuba
1/19/2006, 02:45 PM
The other day I saw Bill Clinton being referred to as "Former President" but they never once said anything about him being a serial adulterer. Crazy liberal media.

So again, calling someone who killed 3000+ innocent Americans a terrorist is a bad thing? While calling them an exile and disident who wants peace and to rebuild is good???

TUSooner
1/19/2006, 02:48 PM

If the new standard is that by not explicitly saying one thing we're really saying the exact opposite than I think everybody's SF signature is going to have to get a lot longer.
Stop pulling the string! You just hear the same thing over and over.

GrapevineSooner
1/19/2006, 03:00 PM
Nice to see he's been reading the left-wing talking points. ;)

Jussayin.

The man speaking in the audiotape also cited American opinion polls, saying that most Americans want U.S. troops pulled out of Iraq. "Your President Bush has been misleading you. He has lied when he said that the people are behind him. Opinion polls have indicated that the overwhelming majority of you want him to pull the troops out of our land.
"We have the answer to these misleading information. The situation in Iraq is getting worse for you and the dead and the injured among you is on the rise," the voice on the tape said.

OklahomaTuba
1/19/2006, 03:02 PM
It is kind of sick how close the talking points of the cut'n run libz and our enemy are to each other.

GrapevineSooner
1/19/2006, 03:06 PM
BTW from Negotiating 101...

Everyone knows you don't offer truces of any kind when you're in any position of strength.

Harry Beanbag
1/19/2006, 03:08 PM
BTW from Negotiating 101...

Everyone knows you don't offer truces of any kind when you're in any position of strength.

I'm not sure diplomacy was a very popular course at his training schools. :)

GrapevineSooner
1/19/2006, 03:14 PM
You know what really ****es me off about this?

Osama releases a podcast but only releases it to al-Jazeera.

The least the bastard could have done is put it on iTunes for me to download and listen to during my lunch.

mdklatt
1/19/2006, 03:14 PM
So again, calling someone who killed 3000+ innocent Americans a terrorist is a bad thing?

No, but not calling him a terrorist IS NOT THE SAME THING as saying he isn't a terrorist.

While calling them an exile and disident who wants peace and to rebuild is good???

WTF are you getting that from? Now you're just making stuff up. :confused:

OklahomaTuba
1/19/2006, 03:21 PM
No, but not calling him a terrorist IS NOT THE SAME THING as saying he isn't a terrorist. So its OK to not call a terrorist a terrorist huh? Whats wrong with calling someone what they are?

Whats next I wonder? Maybe we should call Timothy McVeigh something else now. What would MD and Hat call Tim McVeigh I wonder? Something friendlier and nicer no doubt. Lets not call him what he is, that would be BAD.

mdklatt
1/19/2006, 03:22 PM
Whats wrong with calling someone what they are?

Beats the **** out of me! You're the one that got uncorked about the AP calling Bin Laden an "exiled dissident". You know what that means, right?

TUSooner
1/19/2006, 03:24 PM
Beats the **** out of me! You're the one that got uncorked about the AP calling Bin Laden an "exiled dissident". You know what that means, right?

Tuba now has himself surrounded?

Hatfield
1/19/2006, 03:26 PM
anyone read my post earlier today about the liberal and conservative convo? scary how close tuba is to being the real life counterpart.

GrapevineSooner
1/19/2006, 03:31 PM
I think it's humorous that the AP refers to Osama Bin Laden as just a dissident instead of a terrorist.

But I don't think it affects our general public's opinion of him favorably. So I won't lose sleep over it.

Pieces Hit
1/19/2006, 03:32 PM
From CNN:

The message said attacks against America "are in the planning stages and you will see them in the heart of your land as soon as the planning is complete."

Hey, I live in the heart of our land.
I'm feeling a little terrorized here.

Mjcpr
1/19/2006, 03:36 PM
From CNN:

The message said attacks against America "are in the planning stages and you will see them in the heart of your land as soon as the planning is complete."

Hey, I live in the heart of our land.
I'm feeling a little terrorized here.

Have you considred reporting the post?

Hatfield
1/19/2006, 03:37 PM
i ate at a thai place for lunch and my innards are feeling terrorized.

Pieces Hit
1/19/2006, 03:49 PM
They better not come around my house messin' with my satellite dish or I'll kill em dead.

mdklatt
1/19/2006, 03:50 PM
They better not come around my house messin' with my satellite dish or I'll kill em dead.

Why do you hate heavy rain?

Pieces Hit
1/19/2006, 03:54 PM
I'm a nice guy but I think it's really past time for profiling in the extreme.

I would probably feel different if i were of Arab descent.

But I'm not so I'm feeling very militant.

VeeJay
1/19/2006, 04:18 PM
http://static.flickr.com/42/88614845_5aa32c22a7.jpg

OklahomaTuba
1/19/2006, 04:26 PM
Tuba now has himself surrounded?How so?
Seems some people think Osama is a disident or exile first, and a murderous terrorist is just a title on down the list.

But hey, if you don't think the man who slaughtered 3000+ innocent Americans and who we are fighting a war against isn't a murderer or a terrorist first, then I guess by all means think that. Seems very stupid to me however.

fadada1
1/19/2006, 04:37 PM
The least the bastard could have done is put it on iTunes for me to download and listen to during my lunch.
[osama] down with the capatilistic infidels!!!!! [osama]

sooneron
1/19/2006, 04:47 PM
Why do you hate heavy rain?
Wait! You're not talking about Chubby Rain???

http://www.kinoweb.de/film99/Bowfinger/pix/bow6.jpg

TUSooner
1/19/2006, 04:53 PM
How so?
Seems some people think Osama is a disident or exile first, and a murderous terrorist is just a title on down the list.

But hey, if you don't think the man who slaughtered 3000+ innocent Americans and who we are fighting a war against isn't a murderer or a terrorist first, then I guess by all means think that. Seems very stupid to me however.
So, because I think you talked yourself in a circle, I therefore think Osama is a peaceful servant of humanity? I admit that logic had escaped me.

StoopTroup
1/19/2006, 06:26 PM
http://vikingphoenix.com/immigration/oblcal911dl.jpg

Harry Beanbag
1/19/2006, 06:32 PM
http://vikingphoenix.com/immigration/oblcal911dl.jpg

Why do you hate Davis? That's a pretty cool little town.