PDA

View Full Version : a friend sent me this link

jk the sooner fan
1/19/2006, 10:20 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?page=anniversary/2002

Stanley1
1/19/2006, 10:40 AM
Ah.....what could have been.

This Final 4 was almost as disturbing to me as the '88 one was. I really think that when healthy, we were the better of the 4 teams there. I mean, we blitzed Maryland in Norman that year. Handled KU fairly easily in the Big 12 Tourney, and while Indiana was playing well, I still feel like we were the better team.

Ankle injuries suck.

Sooner04
1/19/2006, 11:33 AM
Daryan Selvy — HIT YOUR FREE THROWS!

Rhino
1/19/2006, 11:39 AM
:(

jk the sooner fan
1/19/2006, 11:41 AM
whats really sad is that this guy asked me "hey whatever happend to that guard at OU - last name Price".....my first response was brent price.....oops

Sooner04
1/19/2006, 11:53 AM
I've been upset after losses, but I felt physically sick after that game.

I burned almost my entire savings getting to Atlanta. :(

Stanley1
1/19/2006, 11:56 AM
I've been upset after losses, but I felt physically sick after that game.

I burned almost my entire savings getting to Atlanta. :(

Sucks indeed. I was SO confident going into that game. Left me feeling sick to my stomach.

Rhino
1/19/2006, 11:57 AM
You and me both. We didn't even stay for the next game.

Left immediately into the ridiculously thick, pouring rain, get separated, took 45 minutes finding our car. Then found our hotel and found every restaurant in Atlanta to be closed, except some Applebee's that sucked. Perfect ending to a crappy day.

critical_phil
1/19/2006, 12:05 PM
over the past several years, our basketball team has picked some very inopportune times to play their worst game of the season.

Okieflyer
1/19/2006, 12:27 PM
And who was the big white stiff who couldn't miss? :confused:

Pricetag
1/19/2006, 03:14 PM
You and me both. We didn't even stay for the next game.

Left immediately into the ridiculously thick, pouring rain, get separated, took 45 minutes finding our car. Then found our hotel and found every restaurant in Atlanta to be closed, except some Applebee's that sucked. Perfect ending to a crappy day.
You gotta love Applebee's. They'll stay open in the pouring rain for losing basketball fans as well as losing football teams.

Rhino
1/19/2006, 03:32 PM
You gotta love Applebee's. They'll stay open in the pouring rain for losing basketball fans as well as losing football teams. I hate that commercial, but I never realized how true it rang until just now. Heh.

GDC
1/19/2006, 03:57 PM
Weren't Hollis and Quannas both fighting injuries at the time? I was, uh, out of the country at the time.

Pricetag
1/23/2006, 11:41 AM
Weren't Hollis and Quannas both fighting injuries at the time? I was, uh, out of the country at the time.
Hollis was fine. It was the next year that he had the injury. He got hurt during the final minutes of the Big 12 Tournament championship game when his butt should have been on the bench, but we failed to slam the door on Mizzou when we had a big lead.

CtheB
1/23/2006, 12:01 PM
Hollis was awesome, but as he went, so did the Sooners. Absolutely his worst shooting games of his career were Indiana and then Syracuse the following year, to which we couldn't recover. Man, they guy was good.

I do believe that Quannas was nursing an ankle injury during the tournament wasn't he?

Stanley1
1/23/2006, 12:33 PM
I don't think Hollis was fine. Q had the worse injury, but if I remember right, Hollis wasn't 100% healthy either. Seems like he did something the game before. 04 prolly knows.

Rhino
1/23/2006, 12:43 PM
Quannas sprained his ankle the day before the game against Indiana. I'm pretty sure Hollis was healthy.

Quannas and Hollis were a combined 1-16 from the field in that game.

NormanPride
1/23/2006, 04:41 PM
I was just getting into basketball at that time, and even then it made me sick. I was left wondering "Why can't we just hit a basket? Why is it that their guys hit them with people in their face, and our guys can't when they're wide open?"

The NC was ours that year. That loss makes me feel worse than the LSU loss.

OUstud
1/23/2006, 10:13 PM
At the time, being an ignorant 6th grader, I didn't think much of it, but now, I'm like, how did we not kill them? IU wasn't that good.

PrideTrombone
1/23/2006, 10:22 PM
I will punch Dane Fife and/or Tom Coverdale in the junk if I ever meet them. :(

GottaHavePride
1/24/2006, 12:09 AM
over the past several years, our basketball team has picked some very inopportune times to play their worst game of the season.

Usually against a team from Indiana.

Rhino
1/24/2006, 12:10 AM
Fife did a number on Price.