PDA

View Full Version : Longhorns to smash record for rayalties

Light Beer
1/19/2006, 09:19 AM
It seems the Horn logo has become the Nike swoosh of the college world.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/colleges/articles/0118texas-ON.html

Harry Beanbag
1/19/2006, 09:22 AM
I'm not sure what a rayalty is, but congrats anyway.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif

Okieflyer
1/19/2006, 09:25 AM
Well if he meant Royalty then they have a lot of OU fans to thank for buying all of those horn stickers and turning them upside down. :)

Quit doing it, you people give them way too much credit.:mad:

85sooners
1/19/2006, 10:05 AM
**** texas let it die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

colleyvillesooner
1/19/2006, 10:09 AM
Wonder what that is per capita. Look how many people are in Texas.

1stTimeCaller
1/19/2006, 10:15 AM
I tired of them winning the tshirt NC every year. We must fight back!!!

Seriously, when 50k people have to go buy new longhorn shirts because they don't have an old one, this happens.

start8
1/19/2006, 10:17 AM
I'm surprised USC (in the highest point of the "greatest team of all-time") only doubled their sales to 1.2 million...sad when all of LA was jumping on their bandwagon.

fadada1
1/19/2006, 10:17 AM
as if we thought this wouldn't happen. i've seen more longhorn shirts in 2 weeks than i care to think about. AND I LIVE IN PHILADELPHIA!!!! hell, people here don't even know where texas is.

caphorns
1/19/2006, 10:35 AM
as if we thought this wouldn't happen. i've seen more longhorn shirts in 2 weeks than i care to think about. AND I LIVE IN PHILADELPHIA!!!! hell, people here don't even know where texas is.

Hey my bro, UT grad, lives around the Philly area - actually a suburb of Philly out in New Jersey. And he's had his gear a long damn time.

Harry Beanbag
1/19/2006, 10:37 AM
Hey my bro, UT grad, lives around the Philly area - actually a suburb of Philly out in New Jersey. And he's had his gear a long damn time.

That's nice. Thanks for the update.

fadada1
1/19/2006, 10:43 AM
YOU LIE!!!!!!!!!

;) :texan:

GDC
1/19/2006, 10:53 AM
I about puked at the ORU game when I saw them selling whorn stickers along with OU gear.

Half a Hundred
1/19/2006, 02:43 PM
Unfortunately, it's a pretty distinctive logo and color. Still ugly as hell, but different. Besides, what do people up north know about sports anyway (not counting you Sooners who are currently transplanted there)?

XingTheRubicon
1/19/2006, 02:52 PM
Good for UT. You think maybe you could spruce up that sh*tty campus a little bit? You know, the burnt spots in the grass and the atrocious landscaping. The grounds looks like a huge community college in Laredo.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/19/2006, 03:02 PM
Good for UT. You think maybe you could spruce up that sh*tty campus a little bit? You know, the burnt spots in the grass and the atrocious landscaping. The grounds looks like a huge community college in Laredo.LOVE IT ! Great jab... against those who are SO proud of their "mecca".

GDC
1/19/2006, 03:39 PM
I stayed at the dobie one summer for a teacher workshop. Nice place with very good food.

Do rayalties have anything to do with Brett Rayl?

fadada1
1/19/2006, 04:56 PM
texas sucks.

IronSooner
1/19/2006, 05:00 PM
Unfortunately, it's a pretty distinctive logo and color. Still ugly as hell, but different. Besides, what do people up north know about sports anyway (not counting you Sooners who are currently transplanted there)?

People here know basketball. That's it.

Big Red Ron
1/19/2006, 05:02 PM
Well if he meant Royalty then they have a lot of OU fans to thank for buying all of those horn stickers and turning them upside down. :)

Quit doing it, you people give them way too much credit.:mad:Effin A! I've been preaching this message here on SoonerFans for at least six years.

People, if you have an upside down horn on your car....you are stupid. :mad: Especially those of you without an OU sticker to at least balance the purchase.:rolleyes:

fadada1
1/19/2006, 05:05 PM
People here know lacross, field hockey, track, skiing. That's it.
fixed

NormanPride
1/19/2006, 05:06 PM
I'm surprised USC (in the highest point of the "greatest team of all-time") only doubled their sales to 1.2 million...sad when all of LA was jumping on their bandwagon.

USC shirts don't come with popped collars or implants, so...

MiccoMacey
1/19/2006, 05:20 PM
People, if you have an upside down horn on your car....you are stupid. :mad: Especially those of you without an OU sticker to at least balance the purchase.:rolleyes:

Couldn't.

Agree.

More.

Mjcpr
1/19/2006, 05:21 PM
It'll slow down in February. January is Ovarian Awareness Month.

Big Red Ron
1/19/2006, 05:32 PM
It'll slow down in February. January is Ovarian Awareness Month.Good one Pat! ;)

Anyone have th fallopian tube pic that looks like the new "swoosh?"

Tear Down This Wall
1/19/2006, 05:59 PM
This is no surprise. The 'Horn fans only get a title every 36 years. They won't have this opportunity again until they have grandchildren.

Big Red Ron
1/19/2006, 06:28 PM
:texan:
This is no surprise. The 'Horn fans only get a title every 36 years. They won't have this opportunity again until they have grandchildren.I gotta be honest here and admit that I'm glad the VY decided to leave because there is another Texas MNC trend that the horns could have taken and I was a little worried. Now, not so much. ;)

snp
1/19/2006, 07:14 PM

Listen up, people.

OUGreg723
1/19/2006, 07:23 PM
**** texas let it die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YYAAAAYYY!!!:D

KStatePike
1/19/2006, 07:31 PM
Effin A! I've been preaching this message here on SoonerFans for at least six years.

hey i've 2 OU stickers in the bottom corners and a horns down in the upper middle... so it more than evens out!

CatfishSooner
1/19/2006, 07:39 PM
i hate texas.

footballfanatic
1/20/2006, 02:56 PM
USC shirts don't come with popped collars or implants, so...

They really weren't jumping all over USC. I just spent two weeks in LA, arriving the day after the NC. I expected to see lots of disappointed fans, but for every person that liked them, I met two people, Bruins and others, who hate them.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/20/2006, 03:03 PM
You know how when people say "Well the influx of horns to our board wasn't that bad"....well no ****, they was already here ;)

Texas Golfer
1/21/2006, 05:23 PM
Everyone who has any association with Texas is jumping on the UT bandwagon.

Matthew MyGodI'mGay and Roger Clemons are both wearing UT shirts while playing in the Bob Hope Chrysler Classic.

Big Red Ron
1/21/2006, 05:28 PM
I think its funny to see people at the mall and whatnot wearing UT crap. They've been in hiding for the last six years and now they walk around all bowed up. Pretty funny.

snp
1/21/2006, 05:28 PM
Everyone who has any association with Texas is jumping on the UT bandwagon.

Matthew MyGodI'mGay and Roger Clemons are both wearing UT shirts while playing in the Bob Hope Chrysler Classic.

Those 2 guys aren't exactly newcomers to the bandwagon.

Since Roger graduated from there, and MyGodI'mGay went to school there, or at least lived there. They're not bandwagoners. http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/5057/emotbandwagon8cl.gif

Texas Golfer
1/21/2006, 05:31 PM
Those 2 guys aren't exactly newcomers to the bandwagon.

Since Roger graduated from there, and MyGodI'mGay went to school there, or at least lived there. They're not bandwagoners.

Like this gay guy: [img=http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/5057/emotbandwagon8cl.gif] (http://imageshack.us)

But you've never seen them wear UT gear and talk about their great football team.

snp
1/21/2006, 05:33 PM
But you've never seen them wear UT gear and talk about their great football team.

What? McGodI'mGay was on the sideline of the Rose Bowl last year and Roger got a burnt orange H2 when he retired from the Yankees. Due to his excessive UT love.

GottaHavePride
1/21/2006, 06:15 PM
I refuse to read this thread based on the misspelling "rayalties" in the subject line.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/21/2006, 06:21 PM
Rayalties is latin for small penis...now you can appreciate what the person in this thread was trying to portray

Big Red Ron
1/21/2006, 06:32 PM
hey i've 2 OU stickers in the bottom corners and a horns down in the upper middle... so it more than evens out!Bleh :O

SoonerShark
1/21/2006, 08:11 PM

Why should UT get money for cow heads? Screw 'em. It is a generic shape. In the 80s the Casper, the Friendly Ghost, folks sued the Ghostbuster folks for depictions of certain ghosts. The Courts found that the ghost was not something that could be copywrited because it could only be depicted in a limited number of ways.

soonerboomer93
1/22/2006, 01:40 AM
Good one Pat! ;)

Anyone have th fallopian tube pic that looks like the new "swoosh?"

here ya go

bluedogok
1/22/2006, 09:32 AM
Well you can buy 3 NC shirts at Walgreens for $20, that is pretty much as cheap as you can buy any tshirt so they are going to sell a ton of them. They are everywhere and just some real bad ones, they are putting everything that you can think of on them. I saw one yesterday with pics of the starters in uniform on the back, it just looked atrocious and tacky. I have never bought any OU NC shirts, I just prefer the regular Sooner stuff but I may have to get one of those "got seven?" shirts just to show'em up a bit.

McCon-a-ghey was a student at UT when he was tending bar at The Driskill Hotel when he was "discovered" by someone working on the film "Dazed and Confused" being filmed in Austin. So he had connections to the school well before and they would show him on the sidelines of games since I moved down here 3 years ago just like they always have with Lance Armstron and Clemens. But then all we see here on the local news/sports is fed directly from the UT-SIO since every story is about a current or former whorn.