PDA

View Full Version : I'm back with Tivo

Penguin
1/19/2006, 12:17 AM
I gave the Time Warner DVR a shot. I stayed with it for four months, but I have finally had it! :mad:

I was attracted to the DVR 'cuz you could record two channels at the same time. But, I am now willing to buy a second Tivo rather than stick with that POS TW DVR.

My old Commodore 64 was more powerful and user-friendly than that damn thing! :mad:

soonerboomer93
1/19/2006, 12:38 AM
tivo rules

soonerboomer93
2/10/2006, 06:05 PM
I can't wair for series 3 to come out
dual tuners, cable card ready (actually it has 6 tuners, but only 2 can be used at a time)

NormanPride
2/10/2006, 06:32 PM
I use the Cox DVR, and I really like it. Anyone else use that?

Mjcpr
2/10/2006, 06:34 PM

Yep.....we have the HD DVR. Our first one died last week, on to #2.

GottaHavePride
2/10/2006, 06:41 PM

Also yes. We don't have the HD, though, because my tv can't handle it. DVR rocks.

mdklatt
2/10/2006, 06:59 PM
I was attracted to the DVR 'cuz you could record two channels at the same time. But, I am now willing to buy a second Tivo rather than stick with that POS TW DVR.

You know what I'd do if I had a million dollars? Record two channels at the same time, man.

Penguin
2/10/2006, 07:09 PM
One of my biggest complaints on mine was that you couldn't cancel an upcoming recording without cancelling every single future recording of that show. Also, when you were fast-forwarding and then hit play, it would start playing exactly from there instead of backing up a few seconds, so I would have to rewind it every time. Tivo has that human reaction time built in. I'm fast forwarding and I see the show come on, I hit play and it starts at when the show comes back on rather than 10 seconds into the show. Finally, the most annoying one was if I was behind live tv and 2 recordings start, it would jump ahead to one of the shows and you completely lost that "live tv" that you were trying to watch.

I don't have to put up with that BS. I went back to Tivo.

BudSooner
2/10/2006, 07:38 PM
http://www.tivo.com/2.1.2.2.asp
Now that is sweet, Tivo with built in DVD burner!

OklahomaTrombone
2/10/2006, 08:24 PM
Yep.....we have the HD DVR. Our first one died last week, on to #2.

I'm on numba.three and my parents are on numba.two

Mjcpr
2/10/2006, 08:45 PM
I'm on numba.three and my parents are on numba.two

Seem to be having a cable problem now....certain channels, here and there aren't coming in...just black. Some of which we just watched last night. :mad: Naturally, I work so getting together on a service call isn't that easy. They'll be out in one short week. That's the kind of **** I hate, calling them, waiting on them, etc.

mdklatt
2/10/2006, 10:57 PM
Seem to be having a cable problem now....certain channels, here and there aren't coming in...just black.

I guess everything isn't better in Tulsa....