PDA

View Full Version : Read me if you're bored waiting for fall '06...

goingoneight
1/18/2006, 11:00 PM
Because it's too early to know who we're getting for sure, and well... for conversation sake...

How did you like the 2005 season?
I honestly expected a lot different outcome back in August... like a 7-5 outcome.

I knew we would most likely lose to Texas, as the loss of JW and Co. was undoubtedly going to sting for a few months. But Other than that, I thought we would shake our way through the three NoCo games, roll over K-State, and get our asses handed back to us by the whorns...

Instead, we downed a loss to the Horny-Toads and the Bruins... However, I never thought a seldom-heard-of name like TCU would end up just shy of a BCS bowl-game... And UCLA was kind of a surprise at times, especially considering Karl Dorrell was considered next on the cutting board.

It's good to me when you look at your opponents you've lost to, to be able to say you wouldn't lose to them again... Ex. TCU (GAWD, we looked awful in that game!), UCLA (Hold onto the ball, young Bomar... you almost had it!), and though I don't actually recognize this as a loss, T Tech. I know if OU played T Tech in Norman, the score would have probably been lopsided in Sooner favor... had T Tech not lost to lOSUr the week before. When they got blown out by Texass, I knew they couldn't be as good as the BCS said they were (They lost to UT worse than we did). When they lost to OSU at Booger Pickin's (I believe it was there), they were in danger of a 17-0 shut-out to the worst team in the BIG 12... I just knew OU would struggle a little, but they would win solidly by three or seven points (which we did, 21-17).
The only thing I was p!ssed about was that USC lucked their way to the Rose Bowl. I knew from the day they played Oregon that their defense was shoddy, and the only "team" was their rapid-fire offense. I was hoping someone would follow UT to the Rose Bowl and beat them by one point like they beat Michigan last (2005) year. Instead, much like every season since 2000, the stars haven't, say, lined up in my favor. I like the path that has been cleared for OU next season, though. A strong schedule, with no death-threat teams like VYU. If we escape the NoCo schedule undefeated, I say we will beat Texas, not guessing by how much, but I hope it's more painful than 45-12 was for me. If we get through Texass undefeated, the only threat-threat I see is Texass A&M, and OSU. That sounds weird, I know... but you know how OSU is at home when they really want to beat someone... example: Texass and Texass Tech 2005. And playing at College Station is always a tough place to play at. Example: OU/faggies 2002. All I am saying about it, is that OU cannot look past anybody on their way next season. They must utilize each game as practice for a higher-high like our 2000 team did.

[sighs] I don't like the alternative to winning, but if OU was gonna look pitiful, I am sure glad they did it in a year where I expected little or nothing at all. Maybe we have got all the sad-looking team days out of the way for a long while now. HERE'S HOPING!!!

Are you still bored????????????????????????????????????????? :O Sorry, cuz that's all I got...

jccouger
1/18/2006, 11:39 PM
How did you like the 2005 season?
I honestly expected a lot different outcome back in August... like a 7-5 outcome.

Thats a lot different?

BASSooner
1/19/2006, 12:02 AM
Thats a lot different?
yeah dude we were more like 9-3 this year, we got cheated out though(damn red raiders).

MojoRisen
1/19/2006, 09:30 AM
I hope if they do anything they learn how to kill, we let too many teams back in to games this year and we can't expect to win all close games. .... I really hope they learn Killer Instinct and finish ball games! I really think we have a legitimate shot at going through our schedule & maybe just maybe by the end of the year we will still be hungry and had become a super solid contender and will win the NC!!