PDA

View Full Version : Reward Question

Frozen Sooner
1/18/2006, 09:28 PM
I know we're offering huge rewards for the capture of many higher-ups in Al Qaeda. If a member of the US Military makes the capture, do they still get the reward? Like say they were just on a regular patrol and picked up one of these nutbars-would Uncle Sam pay up? Or just say "thanks for doing your job, here's your medal and parade?"

Seriously, I've actually got a curious bug about this. I have no intention whatsoever of turning this into any kind of political post or thread, I just want to know.

Harry Beanbag
1/18/2006, 09:37 PM
I highly doubt military personnel would be eligible for the reward.

Okla-homey
1/18/2006, 09:38 PM
I know we're offering huge rewards for the capture of many higher-ups in Al Qaeda. If a member of the US Military makes the capture, do they still get the reward? Like say they were just on a regular patrol and picked up one of these nutbars-would Uncle Sam pay up? Or just say "thanks for doing your job, here's your medal and parade?"

Seriously, I've actually got a curious bug about this. I have no intention whatsoever of turning this into any kind of political post or thread, I just want to know.

US government personnel (military, state, homeland security, CIA, FBI, etc.) are not eligible. Its kinda like when companies run contests and they state their employees are not eligible.

Stanley1
1/18/2006, 09:41 PM
So if I was in the military, and found OBL, could I tell my mom where he was, and have her call it in? :)

Frozen Sooner
1/18/2006, 09:42 PM
Thanks OH. But I bet the guy gets a kick-*** parade!

the_ouskull
1/18/2006, 09:43 PM
I'm telling you... If they REALLY wanted these Al-Quida (sp?) people found, they'd hold rallys at every Wal-Mart in Arkansas, Kentucky, and Texas on a Saturday afternoon and offer $1,000,000 to whoever found an officer, killed them, and brought back the head. Think about it... It makes their country a better place because of all of the "income," it makes the WORLD a better place because of the people that they're offing, and it makes OUR country a better place in that whole "addition by subtraction" way. Sure, some of 'em die. They'd have done that at home too, most likely. Ever read the Darwin Awards?

the_ouskull

Okla-homey
1/18/2006, 09:44 PM
So if I was in the military, and found OBL, could I tell my mom where he was, and have her call it in? :)

sure. it's worth a try.

Personally, I think UBL is dead, but that's just me -- and I'm out of the loop now so don't be thinking I have any double naught spy info neither.;)

SeattleOUstudent
1/18/2006, 09:45 PM

Refer back to when Saddam was captured. There was a reward for his head. The Rangers that actually found him did not receive reward, obviously, but I do remember it being discussed that US officials are not eligable for rewards....but I bet they would be eligable for being famous :)

Mjcpr
1/19/2006, 10:21 AM
sure. it's worth a try.

Personally, I think UBL is dead, but that's just me -- and I'm out of the loop now so don't be thinking I have any double naught spy info neither.;)
Supposedly a new tape from bin-Laden shown by Al-Jazeera today.

Alleged New Usama Bin Laden Audiotape Aired

CAIRO — Al-Jazeera (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:siteSearch%28%27Al-Jazeera%27%29;) has broadcast an audiotape purportedly from Usama bin Laden (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:siteSearch%28%27Usama%20bin%20Laden%27%29;), saying Al Qaeda (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:siteSearch%28%27Al%20Qaeda%27%29;) is making preparations for attacks in the United States

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,182153,00.html

jk the sooner fan
1/19/2006, 10:23 AM

no, they are not eligible

after the first gulf war, the king of saudi arabia (or whatever he calls himself) wanted to give each and every us serviceman a few thousand dollars (10K i think)...they were told thanks, but no thanks.

1stTimeCaller
1/19/2006, 10:26 AM
I could be wrong here but I think the same principle applies to police officers that arrest people on the most wanted list in that they aren't eligible to recieve any reward monies either.

jk the sooner fan
1/19/2006, 10:29 AM
I could be wrong here but I think the same principle applies to police officers that arrest people on the most wanted list in that they aren't eligible to recieve any reward monies either.

yep, the one exception is that in the past, when military deserters were captured, police officers were paid the $50 reward...i dont think they do that anymore however

Sooner in Tampa
1/19/2006, 10:33 AM
sure. it's worth a try.

Personally, I think UBL is dead, but that's just me -- and I'm out of the loop now so don't be thinking I have any double naught spy info neither.;)That is not likely. He has just released a new tape and low and behold...he wants a conditional truce. :rolleyes: Yeah, that will happen.

Harry Beanbag
1/19/2006, 10:36 AM
There are a lot of people that think he's already dead. Either it can't be confirmed due to vaporization/entombment or the confirmation is being withheld for various reasons.

We may never know.