PDA

View Full Version : Karl Pilkington

Beano's Fourth Chin
1/18/2006, 05:42 PM
Bloody genius or just some bloke knockin' about?

Discuss.

"I could eat a knob at night"
-Karl Pilkington

Harry Beanbag
1/18/2006, 06:23 PM
"I could eat a knob at night"
-Karl Pilkington

Never heard of him. Sounds like he may be a gay cowboy though.

Beano's Fourth Chin
1/19/2006, 07:29 PM
That is where you're wrong.

Beano's Fourth Chin
1/19/2006, 07:30 PM
http://www.rickygervais.com/images/karlpilkingtonheader.jpg

Mjcpr
1/19/2006, 07:32 PM
Great thread, Beans.

Beano's Fourth Chin
1/19/2006, 07:33 PM
and I quote:

from the online encyclopedia, Wikipedia...

Karl grew up in Manchester, where he regularly missed school, because his parents took him on caravaning holidays during the school term.

He once claimed that he was given an award for attendance and speculates that this award was merely invented by his teachers to try and persuade him to spend more time at school. He also claimed that his teachers never once said "Well done" to him and that, on parents evening, his parents were informed by one of his teachers that he "Will never be a high flyer".

He spontaneously played the drums for the song Little Donkey in his school's nativity play, sometime between the ages of 6 and 13.

For a short time he had a pet magpie, which he named Maggie which sometimes pecked at his head. The magpie flew away when Karl took it to school to show his class and never returned. Karl's family also went through several cats, because they lived on a main road.

Pilkington left school without collecting his exam results, live on air (XFM) Ricky Gervais revealed that he had attained a single "E" GCSE grade. Pilkington went through a number of jobs, his favourite being his paper round.

Karl's anecdotes about his family are often a source of much amusement to Stephen Merchant and Ricky Gervais. His father once crashed a train into Manchester Central Station, his mother shaved one of their cats after it kept being sick, and his brother was thrown out of the Army for driving to the shops in a tank to buy a packet of cigarettes.

and this on his apparent opinions and beliefs...

Pilkington has expressed several opinions which most people would find unusual (and sometimes offensive). These include:

Gay people go out too late at the weekend. In reference to the Rod Stewart song 'The Killing of Georgie', they wouldn't have as much trouble if they were in bed by ten.

Gay people should have their own public toilets.

Issac Newton did not contribute much to human civilization as discovering gravity did not affect us as it had always been there. Had everyone been floating about then he would rightfully deserve the amount of credit he receives. Einstein's contribution to humanity is similarly unimpressive as Pilkington has never had to use the theory of relativity, whereas, in contrast, whoever invented the video recorder has received no recognition despite the fact that he watches one a week.

An infinite number of monkeys using an infinite number of typewriters for an infinite amount of time, could not produce the complete work of Shakespeare, unless they have read it.

Chinese people age badly in comparison to other races.

You never see old men eating Twix bars.

He thought the diaries of Anne Frank were "an Adrian Mole sort of thing"

It is important to note that, while some people have been offended by his comments in the past, particularly those regarding the chinese and homosexual communities, he has stated his goal was never to offend, merely state his opinion.
On the interview with Ricky Gervais, which can be found on the DVD Politics, he stated that "We're all the same really" when asked about the issue of race and responded that "Gays are alright" when asked about homosexuality. Karl often inadvertently provides material for Gervais' stand-up act.

JohnnyMack
1/19/2006, 07:49 PM
It is British humor, I guess the standards aren't all that high.

Harry Beanbag
1/19/2006, 08:41 PM
It is British humor, I guess the standards aren't all that high.

You're right about that.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000085EEI.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

BudSooner
1/19/2006, 08:48 PM
BRILLIANT! I've been caught knocking about, it took years to get over the shame of it all too. :(