PDA

View Full Version : Keith Clark

CtheB
1/18/2006, 02:26 PM
Big kid, could redistribute 20 pounds and have the Griffin look. Solid all around game, plays hard and does everything out on the court. Quick release on the longer J, and everyone saw the move on TV last night with the crossover in traffic and the two-handed flush. Didn't believe the article in yesterday's paper, and had to see it for myself. The kid is really really good, but can lack a bit on D at times (may be from the fact that he does a lot on the offensive side for PC). Freakish to see the biggest kid on the floor bringing the ball up.

He'll be a career 6 point 4 board a game guy in Kelvin's system.

Jimminy Crimson
1/18/2006, 02:34 PM
...and he's sporting quite the 'hawk right now.

Rhino
1/18/2006, 02:44 PM
He's turned it up a lot since last year. If he can play like he did in the third quarter for a whole game, he can be very good.

Needs to work on his touch on the short range jumper and develop a hook shot. Needs to work on his FTs. Needs to work on his footwork and posting up on D. Other than that, he was impressive last night.

CtheB
1/18/2006, 02:49 PM
He's turned it up a lot since last year. If he can play like he did in the third quarter for a whole game, he can be very good.

Needs to work on his touch on the short range jumper and develop a hook shot. Needs to work on his FTs. Needs to work on his footwork and posting up on D. Other than that, he was impressive last night.

True on a lot of those points, but do you see him playing a 4 in college? Or a 2 or 3? I know it's a waste of size to have him primarily on the outside, but isn't that what you see of him?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/18/2006, 02:50 PM
If he isn't slow and is willing to put in the effort he could be a good defensive player. Size and quickness is a factor of course but defense is mostly about effort.

Speaking of Griffin, he has a younger brother (a junior) listed pretty high in the 2007 player rankings. (on rivals) I would think we would have a good chance of landing him too in a couple years.

CtheB
1/18/2006, 02:58 PM
If he isn't slow and is willing to put in the effort he could be a good defensive player. Size and quickness is a factor of course but defense is mostly about effort.

Speaking of Griffin, he has a younger brother (a junior) listed pretty high in the 2007 player rankings. (on rivals) I would think we would have a good chance of landing him too in a couple years.

Blake is a very good player. Different from Taylor, but I believe will be equally as good as Taylor.

Rhino
1/18/2006, 03:40 PM
True on a lot of those points, but do you see him playing a 4 in college? Or a 2 or 3? I know it's a waste of size to have him primarily on the outside, but isn't that what you see of him? I think he's a 4 in Kelvin's system. Not that he'd be a 3 everywhere else.

He's too much of a body to be floating as a 3. Although he could provide mismatch problems if he was a 3.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/18/2006, 05:07 PM
I have been lookign forward more to seeing Scottie Reynolds and Damion James. If Clark's skills are that good, especially ball handling for his size then next year's class really will be loaded.

MojoRisen
1/18/2006, 05:12 PM
I will be checking out Scottie Soon- I live not far from Herndon, I will give the low down on him- I know the Northern VA competion level isn't fantastic but if he is putting up 33 a game he would likely score anywhere...

Stanley1
1/18/2006, 05:21 PM
I expect Clark to play the 4 mostly. Might even share the post with James if he can prove he can guard the larger players, or we're playing a smaller team.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/18/2006, 05:29 PM
I will be checking out Scottie Soon- I live not far from Herndon, I will give the low down on him- I know the Northern VA competion level isn't fantastic but if he is putting up 33 a game he would likely score anywhere...

Cool. I look forward to your take on him. From what I've read about him the recurring description has been clutch shooter. We could use a clutch shooter like Robert Allen would like Cici's gift card.

MojoRisen
1/18/2006, 06:31 PM
Cool. I look forward to your take on him. From what I've read about him the recurring description has been clutch shooter. We could use a clutch shooter like Robert Allen would like Cici's gift card.

I will check him out on 1/20/06 against Oakton- here is a write up on Scotie from his last game, sounds like they are getting beat outside of Northern VA,

Reynolds, an Oklahoma-bound senior guard, still was the main attraction. He scooped and swooped and dunked and finger-rolled his way to 29 points and sank three three-pointers to give him 53 this season. But his favorite play might have been when, inbounding underneath the Westfield basket, he bounced the ball off the back of a defender and laid it in.

"I've seen Scottie Pippen do it, so I thought I'd try it," Reynolds said. "I tried it a couple years ago, but I got yelled at. I made sure" it worked.

Herndon (11-4, 5-0) led by seven at the half but opened a 52-36 spread late in the third quarter on a Jones basket inside. Westfield (12-2, 4-1), which had beaten the Hornets in three of four meetings last season, including the district final, trimmed the lead to five early in the fourth period but could pull no closer.

"We're just building our team up," said Reynolds, undaunted by the four losses to teams outside of Northern Virginia. "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

NickZeppelin
1/18/2006, 07:02 PM
I think James is more of a guard then a post. He's been a guard most of his life.

Stanley1
1/18/2006, 07:05 PM
I think James is more of a guard then a post. He's been a guard most of his life.

James is a 3/4. I expect him to be an Ace-like player at OU.

Frozen Sooner
1/18/2006, 09:31 PM
Dang, C, you almost got through a whole post with nothing but good things to say and without taking a shot at Kelvin. ;)

Haven't seen the kid play, but heard he played a pretty good game against Muonelo last night. Great class coming in next year for sure.

OUGreg723
1/18/2006, 11:11 PM
I talked with Scottie at lunch today....:D

He's the greatest, but you all have heard me ramble about him many times.

Next years' gonna be sweeet. We already beat Oakton by over 50 points, so Scottie will most likely be done by the middle of the third quarter.

OUGreg723
1/18/2006, 11:16 PM
oh and Risen...We got beat outsude of northern VA because we played 3 of the tops schools in the country. Montrose Christian, DeMatha, and Oak Hill. We only played those games to make us better, so we can be able to win states this year. Herndon may play the most difficult schedual in the nation. Scotty played fantastic in all of those games too. Especially when he hit a three too take the DeMatha game into OT at the BUZZER!

OUGreg723
1/18/2006, 11:20 PM

Here's a take from a guy who's seen him play almsot every high school game....

He's the best Basketball player I've ever seen. On and Off the court.

Great shooter, solid defender, great passer, great leader, clutch player, tough kid, He'll make a great sooner and he is more excited than you guys can imagine to get to Norman.

He also could break VA's all time scoring record if he continues to average over 30 ppg this year!!

OUGreg723
1/18/2006, 11:30 PM

Herndon plays in the Concord district which is by far the toughest public school conference in the state of VA. I know you can't compare it to private schools that recruit, but we play a tough schedual. Grant Hill played in this district for South Lakes. Herndon's coach , Gary Hall, was an assistant at SL while Grant was there. Scottie is that good against any competition you put him up with. He could start at OU right now.

Blue
1/19/2006, 12:19 AM
Are any of these new recruits AA's?

Frozen Sooner
1/19/2006, 12:36 AM
Damion James will for sure be a McD's AA. Scottie Reynolds has a very good chance at being one-Dave Telep just raves about him. Tony Crocker will not, as he's a prep school guy and ineligible (and probably wouldn't be one anyhow.) Keith Clark I don't think will make it, but he does have some pretty serious game.

If OU has two McD's AA kids in one class, that's a pretty major coup. Hasn't happened for a while.

I am very much looking forward to Scottie Reynolds busting zones next year. Oh how I wish he was on campus right now.

usmc-sooner
1/19/2006, 12:49 AM
the real question is will he thrive in system set up to score 45 points a night
:D

MojoRisen
1/19/2006, 09:09 AM
Herndon plays in the Concord district which is by far the toughest public school conference in the state of VA. I know you can't compare it to private schools that recruit, but we play a tough schedual. Grant Hill played in this district for South Lakes. Herndon's coach , Gary Hall, was an assistant at SL while Grant was there. Scottie is that good against any competition you put him up with. He could start at OU right now.

I didn't mean to make people think Nova Highschool basketball isn't solid. I have been spoiled by Chicago Highschool basketball- Chris Collins used to light it up for 30+ a game & he had a decent career at Duke = stats.

I will check him out with out Goggles! There is a home game on the 27th I may jump in their if they are going to smoke oakton.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/19/2006, 03:26 PM
oh and Risen...We got beat outsude of northern VA because we played 3 of the tops schools in the country. Montrose Christian, DeMatha, and Oak Hill. We only played those games to make us better, so we can be able to win states this year. Herndon may play the most difficult schedual in the nation. Scotty played fantastic in all of those games too. Especially when he hit a three too take the DeMatha game into OT at the BUZZER!

I just checked the Student Sports Top 50 for high school hoops and Oak Hill, DeMatha and Montrose Christian are #2, #3 and #18 in the country so there is no question that schedule is as tough as they come. If he is putting up 30+ a night against that competion he will be ready to play right away at OU.

OUGreg723
1/19/2006, 07:18 PM
I didn't mean to make people think Nova Highschool basketball isn't solid. I have been spoiled by Chicago Highschool basketball- Chris Collins used to light it up for 30+ a game & he had a decent career at Duke = stats.

I will check him out with out Goggles! There is a home game on the 27th I may jump in their if they are going to smoke oakton.

Haha, I know man. Chicago is superior. Private schools around here own though. I've never seen anything like Oak Hill in my life. All five starters are D1 starters next year.

Anyway, if you come to a home game, get to the gym early, it's kinda a small and should be alot bigger. But that's how they built schools in the late 60's. We still get pretty wild and crazy though.;)

Come say hi to me if your at the game. I'll be wearing the scottie reynolds OU basketball jersey.:D

MojoRisen
1/19/2006, 08:41 PM
Haha, I know man. Chicago is superior. Private schools around here own though. I've never seen anything like Oak Hill in my life. All five starters are D1 starters next year.

Anyway, if you come to a home game, get to the gym early, it's kinda a small and should be alot bigger. But that's how they built schools in the late 60's. We still get pretty wild and crazy though.;)

Come say hi to me if your at the game. I'll be wearing the scottie reynolds OU basketball jersey.:D

I have been to Herndon's gym before, it is old smells of dust- brings back great memeories! It is a great place to play highschool basketball- can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday- I will be wearing an OU hat and shirt- my old lady will be wearing a one as well- and she is hotttt-

I look out for you!

Mike D