PDA

View Full Version : Vince young is a tool

achiro
1/18/2006, 10:20 AM
This was posted on another board and I hadn't seen it here yet. Of course I never "break" the news around here so I won't be surprised if I just missed it but anyway.

Vince Young was in his home town of Houston Texas to lead the Martin L King parade. He appeared at a sports memorabilla show and charged the little kids $79 for his autograph with no inscriptions; signature only, which gave him more time for more autographs and to make more money. If they wanted their picture taken with him, it was $99. I am not impressed. With all the millions he will be making, he should have been happy to do it for free!

He is good, but not that good.

Instant
1/18/2006, 10:25 AM
If I'm not mistaken Roy Williams (OU's) did the same thing.

He has every right to make money now. The NCAA does from ALL of the players by the sale of jersy's etc.

I have no problem in Vince ca$hing in. He is no longer in College.

achiro
1/18/2006, 10:30 AM
If I'm not mistaken Roy Williams (OU's) did the same thing.

He has every right to make money now. The NCAA does from ALL of the players by the sale of jersy's etc.

I have no problem in Vince ca$hing in. He is no longer in College.

You missed the main point of my thread...vy is still a tool!

sooneron
1/18/2006, 10:33 AM
I recall Roy and some players doing an auto signing and all it costed was 25 bucks and that covered all of them - incl. Calmus, and two other guys

SCOUT
1/18/2006, 10:38 AM
My wife got Roy's signature for me for free. It wasn't at any short of show though.

GDC
1/18/2006, 10:42 AM
It doesn't take long on Wednesdays for the bs to rise right back to the top. Several of you need to bail for WhornFans.com and stay there.

OUthunder
1/18/2006, 10:48 AM
It doesn't take long on Wednesdays for the bs to rise right back to the top. Several of you need to bail for WhornFans.com and stay there.

No ****!

stonecoldsoonerfan
1/18/2006, 11:18 AM

when you're right, you're right.

Booyah
1/18/2006, 12:24 PM
So are you talking about achiro's post calling Vince a tool? You do think he's extra special I suppose! :D
or
are you talking about instants reply?

GDC
1/18/2006, 12:39 PM
So are you talking about achiro's post calling Vince a tool? You do think he's extra special I suppose! :D
or
are you talking about instants reply?

I'm not singling anyone out, it just amazed me how quickly the whorn-related threads sprang back to the top this morning.

FlatheadSooner
1/18/2006, 01:10 PM
Would Jason have done this? I think not.

Prodigal
1/18/2006, 01:17 PM
Probably a third of our players are tools, too.

Usually the player is paid to sign for a certain amount of time, and the host sets the amount charged and other details, if OK with the player. Maybe some variation on this.

Some great guys have done no different, but yes, he is likely a tool.

The Consumate Showman
1/18/2006, 01:30 PM
Vince cashing in on fans like this is total BS! What a lot of these players lose sight of is that if it weren't for the fan base, these guys wouldn't be making jack $h!t. It is becasue of people like the very ones on this board that go out and buy jerseys, helmets, jackets, footballs, car decals, notebooks, pens, blankets, baseball hats, basketballs, baseballs, bats, watches, bracelets, earrings, necklaces, t-shirts, pants, shoes, socks, boxers, panties(yes, i have seen them), sunglasses, posters, GAME and BOWL TICKETS, refreshments that cost way too much at these games, programs, rent those worthless a$$ seats, tobogans, ear muffs, wind suits, valve stem covers(i have some, rather nice), those damn antenna balls that always get stolen after the first day you put them out, DVD's, CD's, and any other random BS, that these players get their freakin $15 million signing bonus! The fans are the ones that create a lot of the revenue for these guys to make their millions while the rest of us average joes cheer them on week after week. I would love to see these guys now have to get a second job like Chuck Bednarik and the other old school guys had to because there was no TV to watch them on to create billions of dollars to hand out to these players. Money and free agency has totally corrupted sports and it really irks me to see guys like VY, who might die in a car crash tomorrow, hoarding up money like this like he's not going to get paid. The show that he was at had to pay him so much money to make an appearance anyway, isn;t that enough Vincy? What about the deals you are going to make with Nike, gatorade, Under armor, Upper Deck, Donruss, and other various media outlets? You don't think that he'll get enough ca$h off of them? GEEZ.........

achiro
1/18/2006, 01:32 PM
I'm not singling anyone out, it just amazed me how quickly the whorn-related threads sprang back to the top this morning.
How is Vince young being a tool whorn related? Other than the fact that all whorns are tools. :D

caphorns
1/18/2006, 01:46 PM
These shows are for sports collectors. Fans shouldn't show up unless they are idiots. Vince regularly gives out siggies to kids. It's just not a guaranteed thing like this deal where some rich collector dude can pay money to make sure he doesn't have to grovel with the kids.

I don't see the issue. It's a free country. You can pay for it, or not. Craig Biggio and a host of other athletes will be at the same signing party. The price is set by TriStar. It's their business and everyone in the business signs up with him.

XingTheRubicon
1/18/2006, 01:48 PM
He better get every dime he can before his first NFL option read, *cough*, I mean pass.

The Consumate Showman
1/18/2006, 03:28 PM
These shows are for sports collectors. Fans shouldn't show up unless they are idiots. Vince regularly gives out siggies to kids. It's just not a guaranteed thing like this deal where some rich collector dude can pay money to make sure he doesn't have to grovel with the kids.

I don't see the issue. It's a free country. You can pay for it, or not. Craig Biggio and a host of other athletes will be at the same signing party. The price is set by TriStar. It's their business and everyone in the business signs up with him.

I have been to these Tristar shows before. I have never heard of anyone charging $69 for an auto and $99 for an auto and picture. I paid $25 and got 5 OU Legends on whatever I wanted. Tristar doesn't necessarily set the prices for these guys either......

caphorns
1/18/2006, 03:56 PM
I have been to these Tristar shows before. I have never heard of anyone charging $69 for an auto and $99 for an auto and picture. I paid $25 and got 5 OU Legends on whatever I wanted. Tristar doesn't necessarily set the prices for these guys either......

TriStar sets the price based on market. For Craig Biggio they are charging $70 for an autographed bat. Sounds good, except the price doesn't include the bat. You have to buy that separately. I guess if TriStar thought the price on Vince was too high, they'd bring it down. I personally would not pay that for Vince's autograph but we're talking a guy that has become a college football legend around the f'n globe. So maybe it does have that kind of resale value. I have no idea.

Texas Golfer
1/18/2006, 05:41 PM
Some former Dallas Cowboys come down here to run a day camp for kids. At the end of these camps, they sit at a table and sign autographs for free.

These are legends with Super Bowl rings. Vinny has one good year and is deciding to cash in on it. I have no problem with that but to charge kids that kind of money for his autograph is ridiculous. He should be ashamed.

NormanPride
1/18/2006, 05:45 PM
We're missing the point here, fellas. If Vince were a tool, which tool would he be? I say we need a pole of some sort.

I would vote beltsander.

Taxman71
1/18/2006, 05:47 PM
The only thing sadder than charging people $80 for an autograph is someone willing to pay $80 for the autograph. Me thinks the only ones dumb enough to do this are those who will put the item on Ebay the next day and consider this a business expense.

Now, $10 to $25 for the sig of a legend(s) can be understood for expenses of travel, booth setup and to help the guy out (e.g. - Billy Simms) for their time, anything more than that is robbery and stupidity.

TXBOOMER
1/18/2006, 05:47 PM
I wish he would charge more than that.

F all those idiot texass fans that would pay him $79 for his autograph.

All the texass whiners can get ready to assume the position again in October.

Boomer Sooner F texass

BASSooner
1/18/2006, 05:49 PM
We're missing the point here, fellas. If Vince were a tool, which tool would he be? I say we need a pole of some sort.

I would vote beltsander.
screwdriver, because he will screw his team over someday;)

Taxman71
1/18/2006, 05:52 PM
Plunger...since he has a perfect place to store it after the 2003 and 2004 RRW.

Hook 'Em Horns
1/18/2006, 06:04 PM
Well you'll love this...

They are taking orders at te Co-op for autographed footballs. $200 each

Taxman71
1/18/2006, 06:18 PM
Sale Price: $200
Cost of Football <20>
Cost of Autograph <80>
Gross Profit $100

That's a nice 100% markup on an already inflated autograph fee. Just think what the yahoos that get Stoops autograph for free must be making off Ebay.

goingoneight
1/18/2006, 10:13 PM
This was posted on another board and I hadn't seen it here yet. Of course I never "break" the news around here so I won't be surprised if I just missed it but anyway.

It would serve anybody who paid for that right if he totally busted in the NFL. Come on, it was the Martin Luther King Day Parade, not the Vince Young Parade... Last I heard, he didn't "have a dream..."
:texan: I reckon UT's goin' down this October!
That is all.

SoonerStud615
1/18/2006, 11:04 PM
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/403/vincesucks2al.png