PDA

View Full Version : Get that TV out of the bedroom....NOW!!!!

Sooner in Tampa
1/18/2006, 09:40 AM
:eek:
ROME (Reuters) - Thinking of buying a TV for the bedroom? Think again -- it could ruin your sex life.
A study by an Italian sexologist has found that couples who have a TV set in their bedroom have sex half as often as those who don't.
"If there's no television in the bedroom, the frequency (of sexual intercourse) doubles," said Serenella Salomoni whose team of psychologists questioned 523 Italian couples to see what effect television had on their sex lives.
On average, Italians who live without TV in the bedroom have sex twice a week, or eight times a month. This drops to an average of four times a month for those with a TV, the study found.
For the over-50s the effect is even more marked, with the average of seven couplings a month falling to just 1.5 times.
The study found certain programs are far more likely to impede passion than others. Violent films will put a stop to sexual relations for half of all couples, while reality shows stem passion for a third of couples.

Pieces Hit
1/18/2006, 09:55 AM
My tv and wife are very similar.
Both are turned on a lot but there's rarely anything worth watching.

Just kidding, she's great.

skycat
1/18/2006, 10:52 AM
The question of course becomes, do couples have less sex because they have a tv in their bedroom, or do they have a tv in their bedroom because they have less sex?

soonerbrat
1/18/2006, 11:04 AM
hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sooner in Tampa
1/18/2006, 11:06 AM
The question of course becomes, do couples have less sex because they have a tv in their bedroom, or do they have a tv in their bedroom because they have less sex?Me thinks that you need a tv in the bedroom to watch certain movies after the kiddies go to bed :D

Beano's Fourth Chin
1/18/2006, 12:31 PM
When we went through our pre-marriage counseling, that's one of the things that our pastor told us.

Sooner in Tampa
1/18/2006, 12:32 PM
When we went through our pre-marriage counseling, that's one of the things that our pastor told us.What??? About the movies after the kiddies go to bed???;)

picasso
1/18/2006, 12:34 PM
I'd like to see a study done on the amount of sex a single person has with a tv in their bedroom. bet the #'s are higher.

Pieces Hit
1/18/2006, 12:37 PM
I'd like to see a study done on the amount of sex a single person has with a tv in their bedroom. bet the #'s are higher.Sex with a tv would be painful.

Okla-homey
1/18/2006, 12:38 PM
My Mrs insists on having the TV on so she has something to entertain her until "its" over.;)

picasso
1/18/2006, 12:39 PM
Sex with a tv would be painful.
Cinemax man, Cinemax.

Pieces Hit
1/18/2006, 12:40 PM
My Mrs insists on having the TV on so she has something to entertain her until "its" over.;)So what's her favorite commercial?

Sooner in Tampa
1/18/2006, 12:41 PM
So what's her favorite commercial?HEH

Okla-homey
1/18/2006, 03:16 PM
So what's her favorite commercial?

That 50 minute Ron Popiel countertop rotisserie commercial. I'm a stallion I tell ya!

Pieces Hit
1/18/2006, 03:17 PM
She must think of him.

Sooner in Tampa
1/19/2006, 06:05 AM
That 50 minute Ron Popiel countertop rotisserie commercial. I'm a stallion I tell ya!Set it and forget it.