PDA

View Full Version : Where's my $5288.00 ferret?

Okla-homey
1/18/2006, 07:01 AM
Help this woman get her ferret back!

FRED Astaire, probably the most valuable ferret in Scarborough, is on the run.

The four-year-old female, which cost her owner almost £3,000 ($5288.00 US) to ship to Britain from Canada, slipped out of the door last Tuesday and has not been seen since.

Bobbi Benton, who moved to the UK from Canada last May, paid £2,400 on the animal's quarantine alone and would be devastated to lose her best friend.

"She's really great," said the 24-year-old, who lives with her partner Nick Henderson in Sandringham Street, off North Marine Road.

"We usually keep an eye on her but she wasn't where she normally hides when we went to look for her."

"She's really sneaky and fast. We think she sneaked out when someone was closing the door which happened once in Canada."

"I don't think she would have gone very far. She's normally very friendly but she's probably a bit frightened at the moment. She's very nervy and always has to check things out."

Unlike the traditional stereotype of a ferret running up trouser legs, hunting rats and being raced down drainpipes, Fred Astaire, like her namesake, is more used to living the high life.

"When I was living in Vancouver, I used to walk her on a leash and take her round the malls, where I met other people with ferrets. I didn't realise many people kept them as pets in Canada, but I guess they do in Vancouver," said Bobbi.

Bobbi has now offered a reward for the safe return of the ferret, which is black, white and grey and is microchipped.

Anyone who thinks they may know of Fred's whereabouts can contact Bobbi on 07704 352611.

Pieces Hit
1/18/2006, 09:20 AM
http://mash.nill.cz/galerie/linville/3.jpg