PDA

View Full Version : No Texas Tuesdays should be changed...

CatfishSooner
1/17/2006, 10:54 PM
to Texas Tuesdays and the other 6 days become the "No Texas Days..."

Just a thought....:texan:

JohnnyMack
1/17/2006, 11:01 PM
Seems to me that, as predicted, the Saxet fans are retreating slowly but surely.

CatfishSooner
1/17/2006, 11:02 PM
Be that as it may...I think it's a good idea for future considerations...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/17/2006, 11:09 PM
YESSS. WE ARE READY, SET, BEGIN NOW!!!

NickZeppelin
1/17/2006, 11:40 PM
What's Texas?

CatfishSooner
1/18/2006, 12:18 AM
i dont know.

GDC
1/18/2006, 09:07 AM
I concur.

RooseveltRoughRider
1/18/2006, 09:30 AM
I think alot of Sooner Fans post just as much about Texas as the Texas fans here. *just an observation*

GDC
1/18/2006, 10:26 AM
How about "No Faggots 24/7"? That would be awesome.

Crimson Kid
1/18/2006, 10:51 AM
Yes i have sinned. :(

I have talked texas football, it's starting to brainwash us, it must be removed for the better of the board.

CatfishSooner
1/18/2006, 12:44 PM
The BS horn talk is coming back! We must instate this policy now...

GDC
1/18/2006, 12:47 PM
The BS horn talk is coming back! We must instate this policy now...

Look at their post times. It's as if some of them were sitting there watching the clock, drooling, waiting for 12:01 PM. And I'm talking about the supposed Sooner fans.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/18/2006, 12:49 PM
Let's try out NO longhorn February just to test drive it first....then maybe move on to NO longhorn 2006

CatfishSooner
1/18/2006, 12:58 PM
Let's try out NO longhorn February just to test drive it first....then maybe move on to NO longhorn 2006

I'll go along w/ both of those....

I'll also will take this time to propose the master plan: no horns for life!!!!:mack:

Herr Scholz
1/18/2006, 01:05 PM
Can't we all just get along? What's the harm? It's good discussion over here (much better than Hornfans or Texags where everybody gets banned all the time). I propose those who don't want to talk about Longhorn topics avoid the threads with Longhorn issues in them. There are obviously enough people who want to talk OU/UT issues over here. I don't understand all the hate.

snp
1/18/2006, 01:09 PM
I wish we'd only talk about them when something worthwhile comes up. If a coaching change or something is made, post it - just like we should for any other rivalish teams. If we find Mack in drag down on 6th, post it.

But spare me with the 30th Vince Young thread.

CatfishSooner
1/18/2006, 02:21 PM
Maybe there could be "sooner football" threads and "sooner/whorn football" threads???? I don't know...

GDC
1/18/2006, 02:34 PM
I think whorns should be restricted to a single, specific forum. If Sooners/whornlovers want to venture in with them it's their business, but the rest of us don't have to deal with the stench that way.

caphorns
1/18/2006, 02:36 PM
Some of you can be accused of being fairweather haters. Only when times are great for the Horns do you want to jump on the Horn hate bandwaggon. I'm not referring to gdc obviously. Everybody but gdc is a potential 2%er on the Horn hate waggon. Where's your fightin ag . . . errrr . . . sooner spirit?

CatfishSooner
1/18/2006, 04:28 PM
Cap...

Nobody likes you...

caphorns
1/18/2006, 05:02 PM
Catfish -- I'm not in high school. It's ok.

Texas Golfer
1/18/2006, 05:59 PM
I think alot of Sooner Fans post just as much about Texas as the Texas fans here. *just an observation*

UT fans like to talk about UT on OU boards and about OU on the UT boards.

CatfishSooner
1/18/2006, 06:51 PM
Catfish -- I'm not in high school. It's ok.

It's bad enough being a Horn, but it's even worse if you're a liar....;)

NickZeppelin
1/18/2006, 06:53 PM
How about we just don't aknowledge the existence of Texas anymore? That would be pretty fun!

CatfishSooner
1/18/2006, 06:56 PM
:confused: Fun untill we whoop their *** in October....then what could we say to the unaknowledged? Would they then again be aknowledged? :mack: :confused: :mack:

Soonerus
1/18/2006, 07:17 PM
I'll second that....

CatfishSooner
1/18/2006, 07:20 PM
I knew ol' Rus would understand...

On a side not....
If I see one more OU student wearing Texas **** on campus I might punch them out...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/18/2006, 07:32 PM
I wish we'd only talk about them when something worthwhile comes up. If a coaching change or something is made, post it - just like we should for any other rivalish teams. If we find Mack in drag down on 6th, post it.

But spare me with the 30th Vince Young thread.:) This makes sense. It's logical. Let's do it.

OUthunder
1/18/2006, 07:37 PM
I think whorns should be restricted to a single, specific forum. If Sooners/whornlovers want to venture in with them it's their business, but the rest of us don't have to deal with the stench that way.

MOTHERFU**ING WORD!!!

BajaOklahoma
1/18/2006, 08:18 PM
How about we just don't aknowledge the existence of Texas anymore? That would be pretty fun!

Would this interfere with delivery of my mail? I'm still willing to accept this area as Baja Oklahoma....... now if the post office will just get on board with it. *sigh*

CatfishSooner
1/18/2006, 08:56 PM
damn stamps keep gettin' more expensive too! 39 Cents? GEez...

Herr Scholz
1/19/2006, 11:47 AM
I'd be completely fine with that. Texags.com does that. They've got one forum entitled 'aggy football' and one entitled 'Rivalries'. Only discussions of their team are allowed in the football forum. If you venture into the rivalries forum, it's pretty self explanatory.

GDC
1/19/2006, 12:18 PM
I'd be completely fine with that. Texags.com does that. They've got one forum entitled 'aggy football' and one entitled 'Rivalries'. Only discussions of their team are allowed in the football forum. If you venture into the rivalries forum, it's pretty self explanatory.

Now if the admins would see this.

Herr Scholz
1/19/2006, 12:36 PM
Now if the admins would see this.
Feel free to forward it. Seems like a good compromise to me.

caphorns
1/19/2006, 02:14 PM
Because it's always good to do what ags do? :rolleyes:

Herr Scholz
1/19/2006, 02:22 PM
Because it's always good to do what ags do? :rolleyes:
They know about hating people. Their segregated model seems to work OK over there. ;)

sanantoniosooner
1/19/2006, 02:28 PM
Perhaps part of sponsorship could pay for counseling for those who can't interact on the internet without getting their panties in a wad.

GDC
1/19/2006, 02:31 PM
Perhaps part of sponsorship could pay for counseling for those who can't interact on the internet without getting their panties in a wad.

I thought you and a few others took it upon yourselves to provide that as a free service.

sanantoniosooner
1/19/2006, 02:34 PM
no.....we just complain about the complainers.

still free though.

Luthor
1/19/2006, 02:38 PM
There's a few of us who didn't just show up as of this past October. We are the ones who have endured the relentless walloping for the 5 years prior to that and with good reason. One little bit of come uppance for our guys and some of you want to break out the pistols. Now, obviously if some newby troll interloper shows up over hear running his mouth, by all means lash him to the the main mast and skin his nads. However, there are a few of us that don't fit that category and who can carry on a half intelligent conversation about football. I think a little heated sparring between neighbors ain't necessarily a bad thing.

goingoneight
1/19/2006, 10:58 PM
I have no problem talking Texas football, you forget that many OU greats are from Texas. I don't necessarily hate "Texas," that's just weird to hate on a giant state that could swallow ours whole. Fact is, the states feed off eachother's resources... UT football, hated as it may be around these parts, is actually better for OU when they ARE doing good.

They beat us and do well = shows we played a tough team. Helps for Bowl prestige.
They lose to us and continue to do well = Looks even better for us. does much the same.

Texas football doesn't really peak my interest, but when anyone thinks OU football, they know this team is well associated with us. After the RRS, I couldn't really give two $h!tz how they do, as I have more important things to think about-- namely anything else uder the sun.

If it ever came to UT supposedly "outstaging OU" (and beating USC doesn't exactly do that, as they are still 1-5 against them), then HELL YEAH, go for the jugular vein (insert Texas' opponent name here)!

I will admit that at the RRS, I HATE TEXAS FANS!!! That's the nature of the environment surrounding the red half of the Cotton Bowl. And most of the time, the alcohol multiplies the rivalry. :)

OU 7 UT 3, 'nuff said... we got to the crystal ball first!!! hahahahah, I just had to add that one!

goingoneight
1/19/2006, 11:02 PM

hahahaha, I would go give the faggies hell on their own board... but I just don't care about them, so posting on someone else's board is just useless. No thrill. OU 14 aTm 10...

Soonerus
1/20/2006, 09:48 PM
easy Herr...you are feeling your "oats" now...reality hits in October, 2006