PDA

View Full Version : Steel Wool

Red October
1/17/2006, 10:37 AM
Steel Wool - What an awesome invention, probably one of the most underated item in all of the Lowes or Home Depot's inventory.

I spent all weekend stripping kitchen cabinets, and this stuff saved me mucho man hours of labor.

It is absorbent, and soaks up any paint stripper residue.
It is abrasive, thus negating the requirement for sandpaper.
It is econimical, under $5 for a package of 12.
It is disposable.

and for you pyro types, it is flamable. Yes it is, I tried it. :D

Here's to you Mr. Steel Wool inventor, this Bud's for you. :D :D :texan: :mack: :eddie:

Jimminy Crimson
1/17/2006, 10:46 AM
It sure makes a damn itchy sweater, though. :mad: ;)

oumartin
1/17/2006, 10:48 AM
I use it to get the dirt off my kids faces too..

LoyalFan
1/17/2006, 10:55 AM
I have a complaint! After reading all these laudatory comments re steel wool, I tried it.
All I can say is...YEEEOWTCH!

A. Portnoy

crawfish
1/17/2006, 11:40 AM
I have a complaint! After reading all these laudatory comments re steel wool, I tried it.
All I can say is...YEEEOWTCH!

A. Portnoy

We've got a bleeder!

achiro
1/17/2006, 11:48 AM
and for you pyro types, it is flamable. Yes it is, I tried it. :D

I'm not sure if this really happened or if I saw it on some television show or what. I'm thinking I saw it on the news though...ANYWAY...someone had used steel wool to block some holes in their wall to keep rodents or something from getting into the house. Some type of cleaner or solvent or something was spilled, caused a reaction with the steel wool which caused it to catch fire thus burning the house down.

Red October
1/17/2006, 11:52 AM
I'm not sure if this really happened or if I saw it on some television show or what. I'm thinking I saw it on the news though...ANYWAY...someone had used steel wool to block some holes in their wall to keep rodents or something from getting into the house. Some type of cleaner or solvent or something was spilled, caused a reaction with the steel wool which caused it to catch fire thus burning the house down.

Do you remember what chemical it was? Sounds like Steel Wool + Chemical + 12 pack of beer = Memories that will last a lifetime!!!!:)