PDA

View Full Version : Mustain Commits

BoogercountySooner
1/17/2006, 08:54 AM
Springdale Arkansas QB Mitch Mustain has recommitted to the Arkansas Razorbacks according to the local media!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/news/story?id=2294919

OU-HSV
1/17/2006, 09:06 AM
Man..that's good news for Arkansas..but I bet he gets boo'd at his first game after the way he's handled everything. I'll have to listen to the sports show on the radio today to see what all they're saying about it. (on second thought I might just listen to CDs becuase hearing about Mitch Underpantsstain will get old.) Also, I'm sure his commit has to do with his former HS coach Malzahn (the Hogs new OC)..he was scheduled to do an in home visit over the weekend, it must have went well.

BoogercountySooner
1/17/2006, 09:08 AM
One local Radio station was doing a song called the 12 days of Mitchmas!

OU-HSV
1/17/2006, 09:12 AM
Yeah the radio show I listen to on occasion is the Buzz out of Little Rock...they're not as bias toward the Razorbacks as the radio shows out of NW Arkiesaw. Some of the DJs on their show actually talk about canning Houston Nutt all the time.

OklahomaTuba
1/17/2006, 09:41 AM
WOOt! Good job for nutt and the piglets.

Ol Mitch must have decided he didn't care about things like winning football games, winning seasons, playing in bowl games or winning championships.

Luthor
1/17/2006, 10:24 AM
Yeah, we already had our Mitch Mustain but last year his name was Perriloux or some damn thing. I'm sure the porkers deserve whatever Mitch Im'-still-shopping-for-better-rims Mustain gives them.

sooneron
1/17/2006, 10:26 AM
If the game in SA is any indication, they are made for each other.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/17/2006, 10:50 AM
Good! He stunk up the field at the Army HS all-stars game in San Antonio. Hopefully, that's as good as he gets.

RedstickSooner
1/17/2006, 11:13 AM
Uhm. Why is it newsworthy that a QB from Arkansas commited to Arkansas?

I mean, aside from the fact that the dude used to front Megadeath. Which is sorta cool, I guess.

Hiring the dude's old high school coach to land him, though -- that's priceless. Talk about bending over for a recruit...

Funky G
1/17/2006, 11:33 AM
If he would not have signed with Arkansas, he and his family would have NEVER lived it down. That state follows the Pigs like you would not believe.

Widescreen
1/17/2006, 11:57 AM
Yea for Mitch Cumstain!

IronSooner
1/17/2006, 12:20 PM

I mean, aside from the fact that the dude used to front Megadeath. Which is sorta cool, I guess.

Don't forget he was in Metallica too for a while. I bet that dude can really party.

Octavian
1/17/2006, 02:00 PM
Arkansas? :eddie:

Herr Scholz
1/17/2006, 02:26 PM
Don't forget he was in Metallica too for a while. I bet that dude can really party.
You've got to respect a guy who gets kicked out of Metallica for partying too much. That's some effort right there. :D

critical_phil
1/17/2006, 02:30 PM
You've got to respect a guy who gets kicked out of Metallica for partying too much. That's some effort right there. :D

sadly, it is cancelled out by the release of A Tout Le Monde...........

TheUnnamedSooner
1/17/2006, 03:13 PM

Beat me to it!

Tidefan36854
1/17/2006, 03:45 PM

Hiring the dude's old high school coach to land him, though -- that's priceless. Talk about bending over for a recruit...

It's MEGADETH you poser!!

;) :D

AllAboutThe'O'
1/18/2006, 01:54 AM
If he would not have signed with Arkansas, he and his family would have NEVER lived it down. That state follows the Pigs like you would not believe.
One of the local radio sports shows out of Fort Smith has what they call "Boomer Sooner Tuesdays," which are devoted to Oklahoma-related talk (and even OSU at times). Well, let's just say that "Boomer Sooner Tuesday" was pre-empted in favor of talking about Mustain and Malzahn and all the skill recruits that Arkansas could now be getting because of Mustain's commitment.
Personally, I wish the kid well but he better live up to all the hype.

okienole3
1/18/2006, 02:48 AM

Ever heard of Waymon Tisdale?

NUSooner
1/18/2006, 02:49 AM
Ever heard of Waymon Tisdale?

or hiring Danny Manning's father?

william_brasky
1/18/2006, 05:53 AM
or hiring Danny Manning's father?

or OU landing Kellen Sampson. :texan:

AlbqSooner
1/18/2006, 07:46 AM
Joe Washington

GDC
1/18/2006, 09:08 AM

Oh ha ha, I bet you're the first person to think of that.:rolleyes:

Herr Scholz
1/18/2006, 11:17 AM
Oh ha ha, I bet you're the first person to think of that.:rolleyes:
You seriously need to get laid or something.

GDC
1/18/2006, 11:49 AM
You seriously need to get laid or something.

Are you propositioning me?

And no, I won't go see Brokeback Mountain with you either.

Herr Scholz
1/18/2006, 12:27 PM
Are you propositioning me?

And no, I won't go see Brokeback Mountain with you either.
I have never met you but I'm quite sure you wouldn't be up to my standards.

And everyone on this site knows you're the stalker.

TexasLidig8r
1/18/2006, 01:48 PM
Poor Mitch..

He's going to have to come in and immediately be the second coming of Hillbilly Jebus and lead the Roothawgs to 10 wins next year.. or he will be skewered like a pig on a spit.

And.. he's no Jebus.

OU-HSV
1/18/2006, 11:22 PM
One of the local radio sports shows out of Fort Smith has what they call "Boomer Sooner Tuesdays," which are devoted to Oklahoma-related talk (and even OSU at times). Well, let's just say that "Boomer Sooner Tuesday" was pre-empted in favor of talking about Mustain and Malzahn and all the skill recruits that Arkansas could now be getting because of Mustain's commitment.
Personally, I wish the kid well but he better live up to all the hype.
You must not be talking about Chuck Barrat's show. :confused:

AllAboutThe'O'
1/19/2006, 01:25 AM
You must not be talking about Chuck Barrat's show. :confused:
Oh, goodness no.
The day that Barrett devotes an entire program to Sooner-related issues is the day that he gets a lobotomy.

OU-HSV
1/19/2006, 04:34 PM
Oh, goodness no.
The day that Barrett devotes an entire program to Sooner-related issues is the day that he gets a lobotomy.
Exactly...I know you and I have talked about this before..From the few times I've listened to their Drive time sports crap..Chuck Barrett and his little buddies are stuck so far up Houston Nutt's arse and the Razorback's arse as a whole, that they are never negative about anything. And they never talk about anything that might become negative. They won't admit to reality. Basically they have a fake "everything is peachy" radio show. I've heard plenty of stories about how they'll hang up on some callers that call in about other programs.

zeke
1/19/2006, 07:01 PM
All of the NW Ark media is like Barret in that they are never negative about anything Hog related. They are already talking championships & The Heisman Trophy for this guy.
Mustain is smarter than all of them by getting coaches hired and fired that suit his wants. With his talent, picking the Hogs, is a KID move and stupid on his part. But he is still smarter that the AR media, Houston Nuttsack and most all of the Razorback fans.

OU-HSV
1/19/2006, 08:01 PM
All of the NW Ark media is like Barret in that they are never negative about anything Hog related. They are already talking championships & The Heisman Trophy for this guy.
Mustain is smarter than all of them by getting coaches hired and fired that suit his wants. With his talent, picking the Hogs, is a KID move and stupid on his part. But he is still smarter that the AR media, Houston Nuttsack and most all of the Razorback fans.
Well said zeke..that's what I like about the sports talk out of Little Rock..they are realistic and they're not afraid to speak their minds.
Man I hate offseason..here we are talking about Arkansas media :eek:

AllAboutThe'O'
1/20/2006, 03:13 AM
Well said zeke..that's what I like about the sports talk out of Little Rock..they are realistic and they're not afraid to speak their minds.
Man I hate offseason..here we are talking about Arkansas media :eek:
No, the show I'm referring to is out of Fort Smith done in the mid-afternoon by a pair of local guys. They're Razorback fans, but at times they're not afraid to tell it like it is. Although they have a tendency to act sophmoric, if you know what I mean, but given the choices we have for sports talk shows around here (The Huddle, Sports Rap, Press Row), I think I would take those guys' show any day. Plus, any show that does a segment called "Boomer Sooner Tuesday" can't be all that bad.;)

zeke
1/20/2006, 10:57 AM
No, the show I'm referring to is out of Fort Smith done in the mid-afternoon by a pair of local guys. They're Razorback fans, but at times they're not afraid to tell it like it is. Although they have a tendency to act sophmoric, if you know what I mean, but given the choices we have for sports talk shows around here (The Huddle, Sports Rap, Press Row), I think I would take those guys' show any day. Plus, any show that does a segment called "Boomer Sooner Tuesday" can't be all that bad.;)

I was unaware of a show out of Fort Smith that does a Sooner Tuesday. I'm guessing that would be the Fox Station. I will be listening on Tuesdays. As for listening to Hog fans doing a radio program, I refuse. Listen to that Bozo Chuck Barret once or watch any TV station out of Ft Smith or NW Ar. and that should do it for any self respecting SOONER fan. They hate us.

I'll say it again. Mustain is smarter than they are. But still not smart enough to stay away from the Razorsissys. If a guy has talent enough to play for other schools, big name schools loaded with tradition, and picks Arkansas & Houston Nuttsack:confused: he has to be somewhat of a GOMER. He will fit in quite well.

OU-HSV
1/20/2006, 11:41 AM
Well, I'm jealous about that "Boomer Sooner Tuesday" segment. I think I've told you before that the only Sooner related thing the L.R. Buzz station does is they've got a caller that they've named "Boomer Sooner" and they let him call in every now and then to talk about OU. I guess us 3 will just have to move back to Oklahoma to get the good Sooner related sports talk.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/21/2006, 02:11 AM
I was unaware of a show out of Fort Smith that does a Sooner Tuesday. I'm guessing that would be the Fox Station. I will be listening on Tuesdays. As for listening to Hog fans doing a radio program, I refuse. Listen to that Bozo Chuck Barret once or watch any TV station out of Ft Smith or NW Ar. and that should do it for any self respecting SOONER fan. They hate us.
4 p.m. weekdays on 103.1 FM
The TV stations here never cover anything in Oklahoma unless there's a murder, a bridge collapse or people rushing down to the store to buy Powerball tickets. And the sports coverage by the TV guys is almost nonexistent. Channel 5 showed highlights of OU's basketball win at Texas A&M last week but they were very brief and they didn't show the highlight of Everett's game-winning 3-pointer. And anytime Mitch Mustain or somebody from Springdale does something, you would have thought the NWA media was covering a presidential visit the way they pounce on that stuff.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/21/2006, 02:12 AM
Well, I'm jealous about that "Boomer Sooner Tuesday" segment. I think I've told you before that the only Sooner related thing the L.R. Buzz station does is they've got a caller that they've named "Boomer Sooner" and they let him call in every now and then to talk about OU. I guess us 3 will just have to move back to Oklahoma to get the good Sooner related sports talk.
Believe it or not, I'm a native of Arkansas and have lived in this state for most of my life. Though I wouldn't mind moving to Oklahoma sometime down the road.

ArkanSooner
1/25/2006, 10:04 AM
Just a note-
The guy who hosts the Boomer Sooner Tuesday is a good friend of mine, we're from the same town in the Arkansas River Valley. He's a huge Sooner fan and doesn't really care for the Razorbacks all that much. This year he actually let me have one of his media tickets for a game :D

And as for Malzahn, Mitchell's coach, being hired, that has been in the works for years, not just this year to get Mitchell. Malzahn is seriously an offensive genius (Barry Alvarez, Urban Meyer, John Thompson all have given him rave reviews in the past) and will do well.

I know Mitchell personally and he's a good guy so I will cheer for him individually, but I refuse to cheer for the Piggies up on the hill. Boomer Sooner.

OU-HSV
1/25/2006, 10:01 PM
Just a note-
The guy who hosts the Boomer Sooner Tuesday is a good friend of mine, we're from the same town in the Arkansas River Valley. He's a huge Sooner fan and doesn't really care for the Razorbacks all that much. This year he actually let me have one of his media tickets for a game :D

And as for Malzahn, Mitchell's coach, being hired, that has been in the works for years, not just this year to get Mitchell. Malzahn is seriously an offensive genius (Barry Alvarez, Urban Meyer, John Thompson all have given him rave reviews in the past) and will do well.

I know Mitchell personally and he's a good guy so I will cheer for him individually, but I refuse to cheer for the Piggies up on the hill. Boomer Sooner.
I drive through your neck of the woods quite often when I'm going to visit Oklahoma. I live about an hour and 15 minutes South of ya. I'm with your friend in the fact that I don't care too much for the piggies. The main reason I know a little bit about them is since I live here and that's all I get to hear about. I look forward to seeing what this Mitch kid can bring to the table. I saw yesterday that the USC vs. Piggy game got moved to the season opener in Fayetville to accomodate ESPN. That may turn out to be a closer game than expected.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/26/2006, 02:37 AM
I drive through your neck of the woods quite often when I'm going to visit Oklahoma. I live about an hour and 15 minutes north of ya. I'm with your friend in the fact that I don't care too much for the piggies. The main reason I know a little bit about them is since I live here and that's all I get to hear about. I look forward to seeing what this Mitch kid can bring to the table. I saw yesterday that the USC vs. Piggy game got moved to the season opener in Fayetville to accomodate ESPN. That may turn out to be a closer game than expected.
Well, I think it's a safe bet the Hogs won't give up 70 points to USC again this year.:D
There's a lot of talk on the Hog boards that College GameDay is going to come up there that day. I can't see any other big game going on that day so it's a possibility, whereas I doubt they would have went up there on Sept. 9 with Penn State-Notre Dame and Ohio State-Texas going on the same day.

OU-HSV
1/26/2006, 03:48 PM
Edit: Actually ArkanSooner I live south of you..I accidentally typed north last night.

OU-HSV
1/26/2006, 03:52 PM
Well, I think it's a safe bet the Hogs won't give up 70 points to USC again this year.:D
There's a lot of talk on the Hog boards that College GameDay is going to come up there that day. I can't see any other big game going on that day so it's a possibility, whereas I doubt they would have went up there on Sept. 9 with Penn State-Notre Dame and Ohio State-Texas going on the same day.
Yeah last seasons' Condom piggy outcome was crazy. They just couldn't stop Reggie or Matt or anyone else for that matter.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/26/2006, 06:55 PM
Yeah last seasons' Condom piggy outcome was crazy. They just couldn't stop Reggie or Matt or anyone else for that matter.
The funny thing was, Arkansas tied the score at 7-all after Bush's long touchdown run. Hogs returned a long kickoff and scored a few plays later. So they sort of hung around with SC for a while.

OU-HSV
1/26/2006, 11:05 PM
The funny thing was, Arkansas tied the score at 7-all after Bush's long touchdown run. Hogs returned a long kickoff and scored a few plays later. So they sort of hung around with SC for a while.
Yeah they had a couple sparks early on..but that was it. I look for Darren McFadden to have a HUGE year..he looks like a helluva RB, w/potential to break the big runs often. Now if only Nutt knew better than to put a FB back to return punts, that's just one of the many bonehead things he did last year.

BASSooner
1/26/2006, 11:18 PM
well good luck to mustain and his career with arkansas. Hey he just might make somethin out of it like.....beating texas?;)

OU-HSV
1/26/2006, 11:25 PM
well good luck to mustain and his career with arkansas. Hey he just might make somethin out of it like.....beating texas?;)
Nope...that rivalry isn't scheduled in the future. Mitch will have to hope for something other than that.

BASSooner
1/26/2006, 11:27 PM
hmmm what about...usc?

OU-HSV
1/26/2006, 11:30 PM
Well, that will depend on whether the piggie coaches red-shirt Mitch this year or if they put him on the field right away.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/27/2006, 01:35 AM
Well, that will depend on whether the piggie coaches red-shirt Mitch this year or if they put him on the field right away.
My gut feeling is that Mitch won't be the starting QB for the USC game, Dick will be. Hey, just thought of that mind-boggling possibility:

DICK INSERTED AGAINST TROJANS

Seriously, I think that's how it's going to go down. Of course, if Dick struggles, against SC or whomever, there is going to be a major clamoring for Mustain to take over.

LSUdeek
1/27/2006, 09:41 AM
Yeah they had a couple sparks early on..but that was it. I look for Darren McFadden to have a HUGE year..he looks like a helluva RB, w/potential to break the big runs often. Now if only Nutt knew better than to put a FB back to return punts, that's just one of the many bonehead things he did last year.

Peyton Hillis is actually an excellent player with good speed. He'll be an NFL draft pick.

AllDay28
1/27/2006, 09:52 AM
My gut feeling is that Mitch won't be the starting QB for the USC game, Dick will be. Hey, just thought of that mind-boggling possibility:

Seriously, I think that's how it's going to go down. Of course, if Dick struggles, against SC or whomever, there is going to be a major clamoring for Mustain to take over.

When Dick was first named the starter last season, ESPN.com ran a story and the headline was entitled

"Dick to Replace Johnson verses Gamecocks"

No lie! They eventuall changed it to something else later in the day.

ArkanSooner
1/27/2006, 11:17 AM
Yeah, that headline caused quite a bit of laughter over here.

I played against Darren McFadden in high school. That guy is the truth.

Any chance of Oklahoma and Arkansas ever having a series? I know they played in the Cotton Bowl a few years back but that's the last I've heard of it. There's been persistant rumors of Arkansas possibly joining the Big XII were there ever an open spot, so who knows.

OU-HSV
1/27/2006, 04:33 PM
When Dick was first named the starter last season, ESPN.com ran a story and the headline was entitled

"Dick to Replace Johnson verses Gamecocks"

No lie! They eventuall changed it to something else later in the day.
Yeah we had some threads about that...they were funny.

OU-HSV
1/27/2006, 04:42 PM
Peyton Hillis is actually an excellent player with good speed. He'll be an NFL draft pick.
I'm not trying to say Peyton can't play...cause he can, he's a stud. I'm just saying that Nutt using him as a return man isn't smart when you've got guys like Felix Jones or Darren McFadden on your roster. He could use Peyton smarter than he did this past season. From what I saw of Hillis' punt return attempts he either fumbled or didn't get very good yardage. He just doesn't have that speed burst that you want a punt returner to have. But I remember Hillis as a threat in their passing game out of the backfield in the '04 season. And seems like the way Nutt used Hillis this past season was rotating him in and out at tailback (which was stupid)..or using him as a return man. I think he should use Hillis more at FB (he seems more natural at FB).

OU-HSV
1/27/2006, 04:45 PM

Yeah I think Dick will start against USC. "Dick will find scoring hard to cum by if he gets nervous" heh.
I still thing the die hards will boo Mitch when he first takes the field (due to the way he de-commited and all that.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/28/2006, 12:51 AM
Yeah, that headline caused quite a bit of laughter over here.

I played against Darren McFadden in high school. That guy is the truth.

Any chance of Oklahoma and Arkansas ever having a series? I know they played in the Cotton Bowl a few years back but that's the last I've heard of it. There's been persistant rumors of Arkansas possibly joining the Big XII were there ever an open spot, so who knows.
As long as Frank Broyles remains as the A.D., Arkansas isn't leaving the SEC. They also say that they're financially secure being in the SEC. Geographically, Arkansas is more in Big XII territory than in the SEC. It would also make for more interesting rivalries, Arkansas vs. OU, OSU, Mizzou and, of course, Texas. Even a decade removed from the Southwest Conference days, Arkansas fans would rather beat Texas than any team in the SEC. That should tell you something right there.