PDA

View Full Version : Dear Mayor Nagin

jk the sooner fan
1/17/2006, 08:42 AM
you win the award for the stupidest comments made on MLK day...

"God is mad at America" and at black communities, too, for tearing themselves apart with violence and political infighting.

"Surely God is mad at America. He sent us hurricane after hurricane after hurricane, and it's destroyed and put stress on this country,"

ok your city got hit by one hurricane, not 3, and clearly it was George Bush that sent that, not God.....

"Surely he doesn't approve of us being in Iraq under false pretenses. But surely he is upset at black America also. We're not taking care of ourselves."[/quote

wtf does iraq have to do with your 3 hurricanes?

[quote]"It's time for us to come together. It's time for us to rebuild New Orleans — the one that should be a chocolate New Orleans," "This city will be a majority African American city. It's the way God wants it to be. You can't have New Orleans no other way. It wouldn't be New Orleans."

God wants your city to have a black majority? Really? what scripture led you to this relevation, or have you been attending the Pat Robertson school of theology?

Coming in a close second for stupidest comments yesterday:

Senator Hillary Clinton - presidential wanna be

standing beside Al Sharpton, speaking to a black crowd -
The House "has been run like a plantation, and you know what I'm talking about," said Clinton, D-N.Y. "It has been run in a way so that nobody with a contrary view has had a chance to present legislation, to make an argument, to be heard."

as a country, we are truly blessed with a plethora of idiots holding elected office, on both sides of the spectrum.........we should all be so proud

Sooner_Bob
1/17/2006, 08:50 AM
I'm sure it'd be just fine if some white politician used chocolate when describing New Orleans. Just fine . . .

Sooner in Tampa
1/17/2006, 09:03 AM
I honestly believe that Nagin is the King of Idiots...and Hillary, well what can we say that hasn't already been said.

VeeJay
1/17/2006, 09:16 AM
We're supposed to see through the color of a person's skin.

I reckon those days are over.

Let's see who uses the "c" word next.

TexasLidig8r
1/17/2006, 09:30 AM
crap.. I had some chocolate milk yesterday.

Does that make me enlightened? Or. a racist?

I'm so confused.

Harry Beanbag
1/17/2006, 09:33 AM
While Nagin is a well known dim-witted charlatan fool, the Hillary quote is offensive on many levels.

IronSooner
1/17/2006, 09:51 AM
Yeah I heard both those gems this morning. I was dumbfounded. Some people...just...geez.

TUSooner
1/17/2006, 09:52 AM
I think I'll run for mayor on a platform of returning the city to the vanilla people who had a moderate degree of success running the city in past centuries.

Nagin has lost his mind. His idiocy is the last thing this city needs. It's hard to see how things will get better with that sort of crap coming out of his face.

OklahomaTuba
1/17/2006, 09:57 AM
Martin Luther King Jr. fought four decades ago to free black Americans from the legacy of slavery. Yesterday, Senator Clinton compared the Republican leadership of the current House of Representatives to the very idea the civil rights leader dedicated his life to fighting.
"When you look at the way the House of Representatives has been run - it has been run like a plantation," she said. "You know what I'm talking about."

Mrs. Clinton, who was addressing a packed house at the Reverend Al Sharpton's annual Martin Luther King Day event at Canaan Baptist Church in Harlem, continued: "It has been run in a way so that nobody with a contrary point of view has had a chance to present legislation, to make an argument, to be heard. The Senate's not that bad, but it's been difficult. It's been difficult."

Sniff. Sniff.

Hillary, who by the way carpetbagged her way into the Senate by running for election for a state in which she'd never lived, now claims she's a slave because the Democrats can't get a majority in either house of Congress.

DAMN THE EVIL RACIST FACIST NEOCONS!!!!!!

Any moment now, Bush and Haliburton will be brewing another hurricane to kill more black people, and we will invade innocent peaceful Iran for no reason whatsoever, except OIL, which will enriched Haliburton so they can then brew MORE black killing hurricanes.

fadada1
1/17/2006, 10:11 AM
what if NO was hit with a chocolate hurricane? how would this affect white america??? and how would this affect iraq (possibly iran)???

OklahomaTuba
1/17/2006, 10:14 AM
This is what happens when oompa loompas vote.

Suddenly, they want the place turned into chocolate town!

http://static.flickr.com/22/25537067_2e8c433f50_m.jpg

jk the sooner fan
1/17/2006, 10:16 AM
chocolate hurricane....heh

usmc-sooner
1/17/2006, 10:23 AM
it's too bad that either of these idiots get a platform and an audience. They are just attention whores.

OklahomaTuba
1/17/2006, 10:24 AM
Sounds better than golden hurricane IMO.

1stTimeCaller
1/17/2006, 10:24 AM
didn't more white people die from Hurricane Katrina than any other race of people?

I'll take this answer off the air.

JohnnyMack
1/17/2006, 10:26 AM
it's too bad that either of these idiots get a platform and an audience. They are just attention whores.

As opposed to the thieves that are in charge?

usmc-sooner
1/17/2006, 10:29 AM
As opposed to the thieves that are in charge?

I thought they were just lying racists. I'm confused.

So now God and George W. Bush hate black people this is terrible. Does this mean God favors Republicans

Sooner in Tampa
1/17/2006, 10:36 AM
As opposed to the thieves that are in charge?Yawn :rolleyes:

mrowl
1/17/2006, 10:36 AM
courtesy of gosoonersgo on the fark board.

http://www.extremecarparts.com/dug/kiss.jpg

JohnnyMack
1/17/2006, 10:42 AM
Yawn :rolleyes:

I have a dream, that one day on the South Oval Carolina will not yawn at my political posts, but will realize that I make sense at last. Sense at last! Sense at last! Great God almighty he makes sense at last!

Sooner in Tampa
1/17/2006, 10:46 AM
I have a dream, that one day on the South Oval Carolina will not yawn at my political posts, but will realize that I make sense at last. Sense at last! Sense at last! Great God almighty he makes sense at last!When you have a post the makes sense, I will not yawn. The little jabs about thieves and liars gets tiresome and old. Make some sort of a valid point and we can discuss away.

OklahomaTuba
1/17/2006, 10:57 AM
In the church of JohnnyMack (which is really a san fran bathhouse it seems), valid points and sense are not allowed. ;)

OklahomaTuba
1/17/2006, 10:58 AM
I do wonder, if God wanted New Orleans to be all black, and then wanted New Orleans underwater, does that mean God wants black people to die, or swim? ;)

JohnnyMack
1/17/2006, 11:01 AM
Abramoff, Delay, Ney.

They did nothing wrong. NOTHING!

Beef
1/17/2006, 11:02 AM
I have a really hard time believeing that there was never a hurricane in New Orleans until Louisiana became part of the Untied States, but I wasn't alive then, so I'll take the good mayor's word for it.

1stTimeCaller
1/17/2006, 11:02 AM
Cunningham, you forgot Randy 'Duke' Cunningham.

Both parties have their fair share of corrupt idiots.

jk the sooner fan
1/17/2006, 11:03 AM
Abramoff, Delay, Ney.

They did nothing wrong. NOTHING!

once again, wtf do they have to do with new orleans?

no wonder you get yawns, you cant stay on topic

sooneron
1/17/2006, 11:05 AM
When is nagin up for re-election? I thought he resigned anyway. Help me, I'm lazy.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/17/2006, 11:07 AM
I'm sure it'd be just fine if some white politician used chocolate when describing New Orleans. Just fine . . .:eek: AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH! What a double standard in this country for dims vs repubs.!

Sooner in Tampa
1/17/2006, 11:07 AM
When is nagin up for re-election? I thought he resigned anyway. Help me, I'm lazy.I think that I heard on tv that he is up for re-election this fall...I am too lazy to verify though.:)

JohnnyMack
1/17/2006, 11:08 AM
once again, wtf do they have to do with new orleans?

no wonder you get yawns, you cant stay on topic

OK point taken, I'll start a new thread about the Abramoff scandal that'll turn into a screaming match about donkeys did this, republicans did that. I thought I'd just save the keystrokes and point out that both sides suck.

Sooner in Tampa
1/17/2006, 11:09 AM
Abramoff, Delay, Ney.

They did nothing wrong. NOTHING!They control mother nature too? :rolleyes:

jk the sooner fan
1/17/2006, 11:09 AM
i said that in my original post, go back and read it again (to make it easy, its near the end)

Rhino
1/17/2006, 11:10 AM
Sounds as crazy as Pat Robertson.

jk the sooner fan
1/17/2006, 11:11 AM
Sounds as crazy as Pat Robertson.

i mentioned him too.....

OU Adonis
1/17/2006, 11:12 AM
I bet he blames the fact that N.O isn't as black as it used to be on the reason he gets voted out of office. (If he does)

OklahomaTuba
1/17/2006, 11:14 AM
Gore trumps all those guys.

Blasting Bush for breaking the law, just for doing something he did as well!!!

Hypocracy at its finest. Teddy GlugGlug would be proud.

Sooner in Tampa
1/17/2006, 11:15 AM

Hypocracy at its finest. Teddy GlugGlug would be proud.Yeah, but when algore speaks does anybody really hear it?

OklahomaTuba
1/17/2006, 11:20 AM
Aldrich Ames listened I bet.

Bourbon St Sooner
1/17/2006, 11:24 AM
What's funny is that it's the white population that voted overwhelmingly for him that got him elected. The black vote was evenly split. I guess he figures he already lost the white vote, so he might as well pander to the worst in the black community to get re-elected.

JohnnyMack
1/17/2006, 11:27 AM

Hypocracy at its finest. Teddy GlugGlug would be proud.

See JK it doesn't really matter what the thread title is, or what's being talked about, it just turns into screaming matches of my side is right, yours is wrong eventually anyway and :dean: tells us to shut it and locks the thread.

jk the sooner fan
1/17/2006, 11:32 AM
thats called the "tuba factor"

please dont create the "JM factor" ;)

Sooner_Bob
1/17/2006, 01:18 PM
I think I'll run for mayor on a platform of returning the city to the vanilla people who had a moderate degree of success running the city in past centuries.

Nagin has lost his mind. His idiocy is the last thing this city needs. It's hard to see how things will get better with that sort of crap coming out of his face.

Did I ever tell you the story about Nagin attempting to publicly discredit the Jefferson Parish Public Health Unit?

When I was down there in early October there were several of us USPHS Environmental Health folks assisting the Parish PH Unit by conducting inspections of restaurants, schools, hospitals, etc. so they could get back up and running again. Anyway, we were posting boil order notices in the Garden District and along Bourbon Street over a weekend, and Nagin was on tv the next day with one of our signs saying it wasn't true, that all the water was safe.

It was just a little discouraging to say the least . . .

1stTimeCaller
1/17/2006, 01:20 PM
You should've pulled a Marge Simpson on the guy and served him a glass of that unboiled water like she did the to Mr. Burns with the three-eyed fish

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/17/2006, 01:27 PM
I believe that for all elections we should hang the office above the Supreme Court Terrace and and have a Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match to determine the office, this would get rid of all of those old folks and it was make the political people tougher ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/17/2006, 01:28 PM
Plus it would help the economy because we could put it on PPV!!! I know lots of folks who would pay good money to see Hilary and Ted Kennedy go through a table.

Sooner_Bob
1/17/2006, 02:41 PM
Plus it would help the economy because we could put it on PPV!!! I know lots of folks who would pay good money to see Hilary and Ted Kennedy go through a table.

Buh Buh Ray . . . get the table . . .

http://extremewrestlingfed.iwarp.com/images/dudley_boyz.jpg

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/17/2006, 02:54 PM
I can see it now Home Depot presents "The Tables, Ladders, and Chairs of Democracy" ;) I think it would be the greatest thing ever

VeeJay
1/17/2006, 02:56 PM
A little off topic, but here goes any way:

http://www.americanvision.org/images/AlGore_Screaming.jpg

http://www.dictatorofthemonth.com/Kruschev/all_that_rage.jpg