PDA

View Full Version : So, I might be the one choosing my companies CRM system...

OklahomaTuba
1/17/2006, 12:53 AM
And I am just about clueless about this stuff.

Any chance someone here uses salesforce.com or SAP? Would love to know any info about what you like or hate if you do. I can't believe they are actually going to let decide on this. :eek:

Frozen Sooner
1/17/2006, 01:31 AM
Do not use anything made by Harland systems. It sucks monkey balls. You can thank me later.

jkm might know something about this, but Microsoft is in beta on a CRM package for a large credit union up here. I got a sneak peek at it and it is VERY nice. Probably kind of spendy though.

BoogercountySooner
1/17/2006, 05:42 AM
USE SAP at my work just learning.

LilSooner
1/17/2006, 07:55 AM
We are also a SAP company. And maybe I'm just a dumb salesrep but the system that I actually work in is what we call CRM.

sooner_born_1960
1/17/2006, 07:59 AM
Tuba, how large of a company are we talking about? SAP is mega-expensive.

trwxxa
1/17/2006, 08:24 AM
We use Microsoft CRM and our folks like it (about 20 users). We'll look at going to CRM 2005 later this year.

The software is not expensive, but the cost of implementation can sky rocket if not done correctly. This requires the end users to be involved so make sure they buy in to the solution.

MojoRisen
1/17/2006, 08:44 AM
When you choose a system, we can deliver half the work force so the implementation doesn't crush your budget, we specialize in SAP, Oracle/Peoplesoft/Sieble implementations. We would be 1/3 the cost and you will not be dependant on 300 $ an hour resources. Especially for customizations and upgrades in the future.

www.squiresgroup.com

OklahomaTuba
1/17/2006, 09:26 AM
Tuba, how large of a company are we talking about? SAP is mega-expensive.
About 2000 people with half a billion in sales a year.

And, we serve the oil/gas/petrochemical and renewable energy industries.

Oh, and we are also privately owned by one of the richest men in the world, who told us to do this, or he would kill us with a spoon.

Basically, I have no budget it would seem. Problem is we are a very complex company, dealing very closely to the gubment in some respects making this project even more difficult.

Howzit
1/17/2006, 09:32 AM
It may be worthwhile to take a look at Gartner Group, they are an IT systems research consulting group and I have used them for WMS research.

http://www.gartner.com/

Although, with no budget that may not be easy...

Veritas
1/17/2006, 09:49 AM
I wrote one. That was my solution when ownership at my company realized an out of the box solution would cost more than they wanted to pay. And it turns out it was simpler than and superior to the turnkey packages. So much so that I've resold it a couple of times. :D

OklahomaTuba
1/17/2006, 10:10 AM
thats cool.

I doubt I could get away with that here though. The owner needs a good name like SAP or SalesForce.com to name drop at dinners and stuff. Gives him something to talk about during cocktails so he looks smart (as if the several buildings and colleges on MIT's campus that have his name don't do it for him already).

soonerbrat
1/17/2006, 10:12 AM
what's CRM?

OklahomaTuba
1/17/2006, 10:17 AM
Crunchy Raisin Muffins.

Veritas
1/17/2006, 11:18 AM
thats cool.

I doubt I could get away with that here though. The owner needs a good name like SAP or SalesForce.com to name drop at dinners and stuff. Gives him something to talk about during cocktails so he looks smart (as if the several buildings and colleges on MIT's campus that have his name don't do it for him already).
That's tough to deal with; our owner here, although not as rich as your owner, like to THINK he's on that level. He want to have the brags without laying out the bucks required.

OklahomaTuba
1/17/2006, 11:23 AM
The funny thing is, our owner actually brags about wanting something like this to talk about. More than what it could do to stuff his pockets furthur or make us working slobs jobs any easier.

You would like him Veritas. He ran for prez as a libertarian once.

MojoRisen
1/17/2006, 06:50 PM
I know the president of SAP Public Services- I could introduce. We are a gold partner and could help with a proposal and teaming agreement.

opksooner
1/17/2006, 11:20 PM
Can't remember much?