PDA

View Full Version : sad and eerie.....

jk the sooner fan
1/16/2006, 11:44 PM
just got back from taking my youngest home to OKC......we left here around 330 today.

outside of owen field, my favorite place in the state of oklahoma are those arbuckle mountains......no matter the time of year, driving thru them always provides a scenic view.......i've liked them since i was a little kid

so today going thru there, there's alot of it burned which i noticed saturday going up there, but now there's an active wild fire on the east side, about half a mile from the road.........3 planes are circling and i assume helping in the fire fight.....sad to see so much beautiful land burned...

then on the way back, i see its still on fire.......seeing it lit up at nite is as eerie a sight as i've seen in a long time.....there was also a fire on the side of the road near the davis exit, 20 or so emergency vehicles with lights going...

if you smoke, keep your damn cigarettes in the car. :mad:

GottaHavePride
1/16/2006, 11:50 PM
But on the other hand, all that stuff will be back and green before you know it. Wildfire is nature's fertilizer. OK, nature's other, somewhat less-stinky fertilizer.

Blue
1/16/2006, 11:53 PM
But on the other hand, all that stuff will be back and green before you know it. Wildfire is nature's fertilizer. OK, nature's other, somewhat less-stinky fertilizer.

Yup.

Don't blame the smokers.

sanantoniosooner
1/16/2006, 11:55 PM
Yup.

Don't blame the smokers.
heh.

smokers are doing us a favor by burning up all the grasslands.:D

jk the sooner fan
1/16/2006, 11:55 PM
yeah i'm aware of the benefits of a good fire

as for blaming the smokers.......while the grass comes back prettier, there are property losses, not to mention the money spent on fighting the fires, and the men who are out in the middle of the nite

i'll blame the smokers if i choose, i have to think they are responsible for at least a few of the fires we've seen lately

Blue
1/16/2006, 11:58 PM
yeah i'm aware of the benefits of a good fire

as for blaming the smokers.......while the grass comes back prettier, there are property losses, not to mention the money spent on fighting the fires, and the men who are out in the middle of the nite

i'll blame the smokers if i choose, i have to think they are responsible for at least a few of the fires we've seen lately

A few. Fair enough. But fires have been going on since the beginning of time. Not every one you see is a result of a careless, evil, nature-hating cigarette smoker.

Jimminy Crimson
1/16/2006, 11:59 PM
I'm thinking Norm isn't going to torch his yard anytime soon... ;)

jk the sooner fan
1/17/2006, 12:02 AM
A few. Fair enough. But fires have been going on since the beginning of time.

no ****? really i wouldnt have ever known that :rolleyes:

hey i'm an ex smoker, 10 years removed...i've tossed a cigarette but out the window a time or two in the past......but sure as hell not when there are flashing signs up and down the freeway saying 'EXTREME FIRE DANGER'

we didnt have cigarettes in the beginning of time, so its not likely i'd blame them for those

i'm talking about roadside wildfires.......NOT ALL FIRES THRU OUT THE HISTORY OF MAN

ok?

Blue
1/17/2006, 12:02 AM
I'm thinking Norm isn't going to torch his yard anytime soon... ;)

Unless he spontaneously combusts. I wouldn't put it past him.

Blue
1/17/2006, 12:03 AM
no ****? really i wouldnt have ever known that :rolleyes:

hey i'm an ex smoker, 10 years removed...i've tossed a cigarette but out the window a time or two in the past......but sure as hell not when there are flashing signs up and down the freeway saying 'EXTREME FIRE DANGER'

we didnt have cigarettes in the beginning of time, so its not likely i'd blame them for those

i'm talking about roadside wildfires.......NOT ALL FIRES THRU OUT THE HISTORY OF MAN

ok?

Calm down. I wouldn't throw one out, out there either right now.

sanantoniosooner
1/17/2006, 12:04 AM
People should restrict their smoking to pubic places.

SoonerBorn68
1/17/2006, 12:35 AM
We've got a big grass fire out here over the ridge. I'm not sure how big it is, or what direction it's going, but the orangy looking halo on the horizon is eerily beautiful. If needed I can pack all my stuff in about 10 minutes. :)

yermom
1/17/2006, 12:49 AM
People should restrict their smoking to pubic places.

i've seen websites for that sort of thing