PDA

View Full Version : Hey History Peeps

SoonerBorn68
1/16/2006, 10:22 PM
I've been bored these last couple of nights of slow drilling so I decided to put a new page up on my site. It's WWII radio broadcasts & speeches. You can listen or download them.

Any input would be much appreciated. :)

http://www.geocities.com/soonerborn91/ww2/

GDC
1/16/2006, 10:30 PM
My favorite Winston Churchill quote is when the lady told him if he were her husband she'd put poison in his tea, and he said if he was her husband he'd drink it.

SoonerBorn68
1/16/2006, 10:46 PM
My favorite:

Entering the Commons washroom, Churchill deliberately took up position at the opposite end of the urinal to PM Clement Attlee, who asked:

"Feeling stand-offish today are we, Winston?"

"That's right" replied Churchill. "Every time you see something big, you want to nationalise it."

GottaHavePride
1/16/2006, 11:17 PM
Churchill reminds me a lot of W.C. Fields.

Okla-homey
1/16/2006, 11:20 PM
He was one of those special leaders who was best kept in a glass case marked "Break Out In Case of War"

Amazing that the British people refused to re-elect him just a few years after he saved their country.

JohnnyMack
1/16/2006, 11:21 PM
What the hell's so great about Churchill?

Sincerely,

The passengers of the Lusitania

SicEmBaylor
1/16/2006, 11:27 PM
My favorite:

Entering the Commons washroom, Churchill deliberately took up position at the opposite end of the urinal to PM Clement Attlee, who asked:

"Feeling stand-offish today are we, Winston?"

"That's right" replied Churchill. "Every time you see something big, you want to nationalise it."

That was Lady Astor. They had a legendary love/hate relationship. Mostly hate.

BoomerJack
1/17/2006, 12:11 PM
Amazing that the British people refused to re-elect him just a few years after he saved their country.

A program on the History Channel said that he was defeated for P.M. sometime after V.E. day, May, 1945 and BEFORE V.J. day, August, 1945. Wikipedia says that he regained P.M. position in 1951.

Okla-homey
1/17/2006, 12:14 PM
A program on the History Channel said that he was defeated for P.M. sometime after V.E. day, May, 1945 and BEFORE V.J. day, August, 1945. Wikipedia says that he regained P.M. position in 1951.

for only one term, then they gave him the boot again I believe.

Pieces Hit
1/17/2006, 12:44 PM
Anybody ever been to his horse track?