PDA

View Full Version : 1-888-5-LITTER

Norm In Norman
1/16/2006, 08:21 PM
Someone just flicked a cigarrette butt out of their car right in front of me. You'd better hope I don't see you doing this too. I hear they are taking this seriously these days.

FYI, you need to know where it happened, the time, a description of the car, the litter, and the number and state of the tag. At least at 7:10, it's an answering machine.

GDC
1/16/2006, 08:51 PM
The other night a guy threw three butts out between Stilwell and Tahlequah. Idiots.

sanantoniosooner
1/16/2006, 08:53 PM
I've never understood this about smokers.

Do they think birds will eat the butts?

RacerX
1/16/2006, 09:46 PM
Butts=litter

So I was waiting at the air pump at 7-11 and was watching people getting gas, etc. So this lady is gassing up her Taurus. Her and one of her kids get window squeegies and start cleaning all the glass. After cleaning the outside side of the glass....yep, they used those nasty ***, dirty water squeegies on the interior side of the glass. WTF?!?!?! :mack:

As the daughter was getting into the car she through a wad of the those blue towels on the concrete....niiiiiice. :norm:

StoopTroup
1/16/2006, 09:48 PM
Buttheads.

Blue
1/16/2006, 10:55 PM
You guys are anal.

sanantoniosooner
1/16/2006, 10:59 PM
You guys are anal.
:texan:

soonerbrat
1/16/2006, 11:02 PM
once i had a piece of paper fly out my sunroof. i hope no one reported me

Blue
1/16/2006, 11:05 PM
once i had a piece of paper fly out my sunroof. i hope no one reported me

Good thing Norm "Citizen on Patrol" didn't see it.

If it wasn't so dry w/ fires and all out there, would you guys still be so anal about flicking butts? (That didn't sound right...)

sanantoniosooner
1/16/2006, 11:07 PM
I've had things fly out of the back of my truck that people put back there while in the parking lot. I didn't even know it was there.

Smokers are quite aware they are flicking those butts out the window.

sanantoniosooner
1/16/2006, 11:08 PM
If it wasn't so dry w/ fires and all out there, would you guys still be so anal about flicking butts? (That didn't sound right...)
yes.

It's always seems trailortrashish to me.

Blue
1/16/2006, 11:09 PM
I've had things fly out of the back of my truck that people put back there while in the parking lot. I didn't even know it was there.

Smokers are quite aware they are flicking those butts out the window.

So what? They're like bio-degradable and stuff. I put them in my compost pile. They're also like, small.

Blue
1/16/2006, 11:10 PM
yes.

I aint no trailer trash. I'm an American and I flick cigs like it aint nothin'.

sanantoniosooner
1/16/2006, 11:12 PM
biodegradable is a pretty loose term.

I don't care to stare at it for 60 years while it breaks down

sanantoniosooner
1/16/2006, 11:14 PM
I aint no trailer trash. I'm an American and I flick cigs like it aint nothin'.
didn't say it was trailor trash that did it.

I said it was similar behavior.

I'm no tree hugger, but as someone who loves camping and hunting, I hate to see cigarette butts and beer cans all over.

Blue
1/16/2006, 11:15 PM
biodegradable is a pretty loose term.

I don't care to stare at it for 60 years while it breaks down

Heh. Yeah, I was talkin' out of my *** on that one.

Well I will definitely take that into consideration. I never really thought about it.

Of course we need a few more opinions on this. Not just the anal retentives...

GottaHavePride
1/16/2006, 11:22 PM
yes.

Just as bad as flicking butts is the "open the car/truck door and spit on the street" routine. Some things are nasty and your parents were supposed to teach you not to do those things.

sanantoniosooner
1/16/2006, 11:23 PM
at least spit or snot is trully biodegradable, and not just by some scientific stretch of a definition.

GottaHavePride
1/16/2006, 11:34 PM
True. But still. We need another tuberculosis epidemic to remind people not to go around spitting everywhere.

;)

Blue
1/16/2006, 11:41 PM
Some things are nasty and your parents were supposed to teach you not to do those things.

This really makes me want to chunk a butt on your hood.:D

GottaHavePride
1/16/2006, 11:44 PM
Unless you've got a hell of an arm, I don't think you could hit it from Atlanta. ;)

But seriously, why would it be so hard to leave the butt in your ashtray and empty it out when you get to wherever you're going?

sanantoniosooner
1/16/2006, 11:47 PM
But seriously, why would it be so hard to leave the butt in your ashtray and empty it out when you get to wherever you're going?
cuz it would mess up the ash tray:D

Blue
1/16/2006, 11:51 PM
Unless you've got a hell of an arm, I don't think you could hit it from Atlanta. ;)

I keeps my change in the ashtray. Plus, I don't want them nasty things stankin up my ride.

I say let Doleo pick em up while he's stabbin' trash.

GottaHavePride
1/16/2006, 11:52 PM
Yeah, I have a friend that uses the "but that would stink up the inside of my car and kill the resale value" line. I told him "look, just because you killed your sense of smell doesn't mean other people haven't - it reeks in here anyway". ;)

sanantoniosooner
1/16/2006, 11:53 PM
I crap in the hallway cuz I don't want the bathroom to stink.

Blue
1/16/2006, 11:56 PM
You guys are sooo freakin' smart. Got an answer for everything.

THREAD BE JACKED.

Jimminy Crimson
1/16/2006, 11:57 PM
I crap in the hallway cuz I don't want the bathroom to stink.

Its like chunkin a deuce in your terlet and throwing the paper on the bathroom floor. WTF

Blue
1/16/2006, 11:59 PM
Its like chunkin a deuce in your terlet and throwing the paper on the bathroom floor. WTF

Wow, I never thought of it that way. Consider me enlightened.:D

picasso
1/17/2006, 12:13 AM
last week the OHP was writing tickets in Tulsa for tossing butts.
my gf's brother, a Tulsa cop, says he adds a littering fine to anyone who drops a butt when he's stopped them.
the best is at my dad's supply store, it's at the intersection of a busy county road and a highway, every now and then there will a pile in the road or in their parking lot where some scumbag dumped his entire ashtray.:mad:

Norm In Norman
1/17/2006, 08:58 AM
Well, Blue just proved my theory that some (most?) smokers don't even consider a cigarrette butt to be trash. Besides the fact that it is trash, THE DAMN THING IS ON FIRE!

And yes, now that I know the number I'm going to call it whenever I see it happen, burn ban or not. I would have before, it's just the fires burning down people's houses and stuff sort of encouraged me to find the number.

Blue, do you not care if trash is thrown in our yards, parks, and on the side of the road or is it just cigarette butts that are OK? Is it as long as you aren't bothered with having to throw your own trash away, it doesn't matter?

fesperman58
1/17/2006, 09:07 AM
Yeah, I have a friend that uses the "but that would stink up the inside of my car and kill the resale value" line. I told him "look, just because you killed your sense of smell doesn't mean other people haven't - it reeks in here anyway". ;)
It stinks much, much worse when you leave these in the car.

sanantoniosooner
1/17/2006, 09:55 AM
A smokers car smells like a smokers car.

Always nice to find a used car you like only to find out it smells like a fireplace and has cigarette tattoos on the seat, visor and door panel.

william_brasky
1/17/2006, 09:59 AM
http://www.ppqh.com/eyes.jpg
Keep America Beautiful

Jimminy Crimson
1/17/2006, 10:43 AM
It stinks much, much worse when you leave these in the car.

No it doesn't. It still smells like an ashtray on wheels. :D

Blue
1/17/2006, 03:41 PM
Blue, do you not care if trash is thrown in our yards, parks, and on the side of the road or is it just cigarette butts that are OK? Is it as long as you aren't bothered with having to throw your own trash away, it doesn't matter?

I do care about litter and hate seeing it on the roads. When I was a teenager I didn't care about chunking trash out my car, then I realized it was wrong.

I guess the butt thing is gonna be the same deal. I guess I never really thought about it.

I just need another solution besides using the ashtray. Maybe I'll get a water bottle and use that.

sanantoniosooner
1/17/2006, 03:44 PM
just eat them.

It'll probably reduce your smoking and might even help you quit.

Pieces Hit
1/17/2006, 03:54 PM
So one time me and my woman come out of Casa Bonita and somebody had put an empty penis enlarger package in the back of my truck.

BudSooner
1/17/2006, 03:58 PM
I'm a smoker but will not ever throw a butt out the window,
Back in November my uncles place in coweta burned to the ground(his late brother collected old cars)it was electrical and burned everything,nothing was spared....i'm more worried about stuff burning now than ever before.

besides throwing yer butts out the window just ain't right.

Pieces Hit
1/17/2006, 04:03 PM
Here's a REAL problem:

Every day and I mean EVERY day -

I have to dodge gravel and what not coming out of dump trucks, concrete trucks, and flat beds.

I say these bubbas should be arrested but the cops don't seem to care.

Okieflyer
1/17/2006, 04:09 PM
I do care about litter and hate seeing it on the roads. When I was a teenager I didn't care about chunking trash out my car, then I realized it was wrong.

I guess the butt thing is gonna be the same deal. I guess I never really thought about it.

I just need another solution besides using the ashtray. Maybe I'll get a water bottle and use that.

At least your not so thick headed you can't change Blue. That's good and it's called "wisdom". ;)

BudSooner
1/17/2006, 04:10 PM
The thing about the dumptrucks is, the netting on top is supposed to be drawn over the entire length of the truck bed and there is a notice on back of most if not all dump trucks(not sure about concrete trucks)is they are not responsible for damage done to windshields, etc.

There needs to be something done to change that so you are covered when that crap happens.

Norm In Norman
1/17/2006, 04:11 PM

Well, I'm glad you've had a change of heart about it. My neighbor throws his butts out onto my yard and I have to either pick them up or drive over them with my lawnmower. It really ****es me off. The time I burnt down part of his lawn, his wife was ****ed at him because she figured he had thrown a lit cigarrette on the lawn and caused the fire. And evidently she has fire issues (i.e. she is scared to death of them).

skycat
1/17/2006, 04:24 PM
When I was in high school I worked as a maintenance man/general lackey at a rather large apartment complex. One time the manage gave me a bucket and told me to pick up the butts in the parking lots. There were a lot of damn butts in those parking lots. :mad:

So after a couple of days working my way around the lots on the asphalt in the Kansas summer sun I finally had it done, and was walking along with the senior full-time grounds keeper guy toward some other menial task. He was smoking a cig, and when he was done....

Let's just say I've rarely had more sinister thoughts than I did that afternoon...:eddie:

yermom
1/17/2006, 05:42 PM
Well, I'm glad you've had a change of heart about it. My neighbor throws his butts out onto my yard and I have to either pick them up or drive over them with my lawnmower. It really ****es me off. The time I burnt down part of his lawn, his wife was ****ed at him because she figured he had thrown a lit cigarrette on the lawn and caused the fire. And evidently she has fire issues (i.e. she is scared to death of them).

wow, don't **** off Norm

Czar Soonerov
1/17/2006, 05:52 PM
So one time me and my woman come out of Casa Bonita and somebody (my woman) had put an empty penis enlarger package in the back of my truck.....

....and threw the penis enlarger in the cab.

afs
1/18/2006, 01:32 AM
1-877-DWI-HALT

the new New Mexico hotline. i need to remember this for the next time someone litters or ****es me off.

bigdsooner
1/18/2006, 02:07 AM
try this
http://store.cybavilla.com/seexas.html

RacerX
1/18/2006, 07:29 AM
New Years Eve I *55 some idiot on the turnpike

Pieces Hit
1/18/2006, 08:58 AM
The thing about the dumptrucks is, the netting on top is supposed to be drawn over the entire length of the truck bed and there is a notice on back of most if not all dump trucks(not sure about concrete trucks)is they are not responsible for damage done to windshields, etc.

There needs to be something done to change that so you are covered when that crap happens.

I find 90 percent of the debris coming from the bottom of their dump gate - which is either dented - allowing stuff to spill out - or they were too lazy to brush off the excess after dumping.

Either way, they need to be accountable for denting my car and chipping my windshield.

All I can do is shake my fist and shoot at their tires.

TUSooner
1/18/2006, 10:25 AM
On my way to work this AM, I saw a cop (black female, FWIW) throw a wad of paper out the window of the cop car. Disgusting and discouraging.

Pieces Hit
1/18/2006, 10:28 AM
Profiler.