PDA

View Full Version : Gresham a Trojan?

peachstatesooner
1/16/2006, 08:16 PM
Looks like Jermaine Gresham, the 4-star TE out of Ardmore, may be leaning towards USC. With McCoy already on the fence and Gresham half way over it, it doesn't appear Stoops is having much luck keeping the homeboys at home. No doubt, the addition of these two studs would put the Sooner's recruiting class in the top 5 nationally and keep pace with the Horns.

MamaMia
1/16/2006, 08:20 PM
Isnt he the one who said that he doesnt like to get hit? Usually, when a home boy leaves Oklahoma, its because he isnt getting real good vibs to stay.

I wish him all the best anywhere he lands.

The Consumate Showman
1/16/2006, 08:57 PM
??? Gresham really liked OU and has Jackie Schipp recruiting him HARD. Gresham has said that he really likes Schipp and I don't know if SUC can lure him away. SUC prolly has some kind of TE in waiting, on the other hand, OU NEEDS a big TE threat and Gresham can give us that if he opts for OU. He might not be able to contribute until the 07 season due to his knee problems, but whenever he's ready, he could be Rhett Bomar's new safety valve when we face a team with good DB's. At 6'7", he has all the potential in the world.

Keep in mind, if he gets too far away from Momma's reach, he may turn out to be a royal DUD. His work ethic will tell the tale of Gersham's career.

jps
1/16/2006, 09:19 PM
link? just out of curiousity, where are you getting your info?

Frozen Sooner
1/16/2006, 09:23 PM
Last interview I read with him was almost exactly the opposite of what you just said.

Recruiting was completely wide open still. Had a good time at USC. No leader.

LosAngelesSooner
1/16/2006, 09:30 PM
I love it when a noob with only one post to his name comes on here and starts a rumor...

Especially when it's a rumor that is so easy to shoot down if you only have a membership to OUInsider.

Shoo, Troll.

southern sooner
1/16/2006, 09:34 PM
scout.com has an update where his interest was medium and after the visit is now no interest. Was posted today.

The Consumate Showman
1/16/2006, 09:40 PM
I think Mr. Gresham may cut his recruitment short.

I heard that he MIGHT not take all of his visits he has left and make a decision early.....

Maybe the stress of all of these coaches calling him every minute of every day....

sooner13f
1/16/2006, 09:42 PM
Not that I have high hopes for this guy anyways but, rivals doesnt have him going or leaning towards USC, and Scout has him at no intrest...so for what it worth.

The Consumate Showman
1/16/2006, 09:44 PM
Maybe, jusy maybe, he can be our Martellus Bennet replacement...

SoonersEnFuego
1/16/2006, 09:57 PM
I think Traber was saying he thinks Gresham won't go to OU today, but then again....Traber is a tool.

StoopTroup
1/16/2006, 10:05 PM
Traber is a tool.

Traber is a tool.

Traber is a tool.

Traber is a tool.

Sorry...

I was enjoying reading that.

tsou89
1/16/2006, 10:22 PM
wouldn't put much weight into what Traber says about recruiting since he admits to not following.

MiccoMacey
1/16/2006, 10:24 PM
Heh...weight and Traber in the same sentence...heh.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/16/2006, 10:46 PM
Maybe, jusy maybe, he can be our Martellus Bennet replacement...

replacement?

Sonner magic923
1/16/2006, 11:00 PM
man this guy lives down here by me so I got to see alot of his games. Hes impressive, but of course it was like watching a man amoung boys as he was far supperior in size and abbility to the competition. I just hope he ends up in Norman.

CatfishSooner
1/16/2006, 11:50 PM
I'd rather get McCoy...

LSUdeek
1/16/2006, 11:56 PM
I believe he's visiting LSU this weekend... hope he still comes.

Soonerus
1/17/2006, 12:49 AM
I agree with Catfish....

SkipTracer
1/17/2006, 01:07 AM
I was listening to a sports station out of Lamar and they said Gresham got in trouble because of Pete's wife's cook. Hey, I'm just passin' it on.

The Consumate Showman
1/17/2006, 09:19 AM
replacement?

Didn't we lose out on him to aTm last year in recruiting? If Franny knew how to effectively use him, OU might have been in trouble this year......Bennet and Gresham are about the same build aren't they(coming out of HS)?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/17/2006, 09:50 AM
From some of the posts I've read in the past from a couple people from Ardmore I don't know that Gresham is a must get. His height and speed stats say he has a lot of potential but I'm always concerned when a high school player has a rep of not being physical and also has a knee injured. Not saying I wouldn't take him but even if we did get him I doubt he would make any impact for a couple years.

McCoy on the other hand could be on the field creating havoc in the opponent's backfield the first quarter of the first game next year. That's who we really can use.

1stTimeCaller
1/17/2006, 10:19 AM
On a side note, I believe one of our regulars from Ardmore insists that Gresham is not a TE, does not want to be a TE, and has made these things known.

KingDavid
1/17/2006, 10:24 AM
From some of the posts I've read in the past from a couple people from Ardmore I don't know that Gresham is a must get. His height and speed stats say he has a lot of potential but I'm always concerned when a high school player has a rep of not being physical and also has a knee injured. Not saying I wouldn't take him but even if we did get him I doubt he would make any impact for a couple years.

McCoy on the other hand could be on the field creating havoc in the opponent's backfield the first quarter of the first game next year. That's who we really can use.

I know McCoy will be a stud for the long haul, but the most immediate need we have for the coming year is the O-line and that makes Brandon Walker the man in terms of who we need to get. Stoops makes a home visit tonight (per rivals) if I'm not mistaken - although it might be next week, it wasn't clear. For those of you who pray, here's something to throw in as a P.S. For those of you who don't, please rub your rabbit's foot or do whatever it is that you do to call upon the mighty forces of the cosmos to prevail upon this tiny spec of 320 human lbs.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/17/2006, 10:52 AM
Didn't we lose out on him to aTm last year in recruiting? If Franny knew how to effectively use him, OU might have been in trouble this year......Bennet and Gresham are about the same build aren't they(coming out of HS)?

we weren't ever in it. it was between miami, texas and aTm.

Desert Sapper
1/17/2006, 11:15 AM
Scout is saying USC didn't even offer him? Is this true? If so, what does it say about him?

NormanPride
1/17/2006, 11:20 AM
I hate to knock a kid out of high school, but he really doesn't seem like the type we need. We've already got three on the roster, and this guy has never given me the vibe that he really cares.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/17/2006, 11:29 AM
the key to recruiting oklahoma - find the sleeper

NormanPride
1/17/2006, 11:35 AM
Well, that's all Pokey State does, and look at them...

OUTrumpet
1/17/2006, 11:37 AM
For a first post? And all the stuff I've been reading saying directly the opposite.

Yes, he just had a visit to USC, and he has a visit to LSU next weekend.

I think we have a really good chance to get him.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/17/2006, 11:39 AM
no, they offer the guy that they think is the sleeper, but he isn't the sleeper. the sleeper are guys like garrett mills, rashawn woods, wes welker, the DE for alabama, etc. the rest are just harkonan agents...

Mjcpr
1/17/2006, 11:41 AM
What we need is a recruiting coordinator that can predict the future.

NWOSURanger
1/17/2006, 11:46 AM
no, they offer the guy that they think is the sleeper, but he isn't the sleeper. the sleeper are guys like garrett mills, rashawn woods, wes welker, the DE for alabama, etc. the rest are just harkonan agents...

The sleeper has awaken...
-Paul Atreides (Dune)

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/17/2006, 11:49 AM
well, i hear that oracle chick is being reassigned. seriously, recruiting oklahoma is difficult as crap.

NormanPride
1/17/2006, 12:53 PM
I imagine recruiting most places is difficult as crap. That's why middle-tier teams still get great players. But for the most part, we get the good guys, and that's why we beat people a lot. I like winning.

TXBOOMER
1/17/2006, 02:46 PM
Both McCoy and Gresham will play at OU. Write it down in 5 inch headlines!

NormanPride
1/17/2006, 03:36 PM
Both McCoy and Gresham will play at OU. Write it down in 5 inch headlines!

Okay.

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/474/greshammccoy6fe.jpg

start8
1/17/2006, 03:39 PM
Why would USC waste time and money flying the boy off for an offical if he didn't have an offer or wasn't going to get one? Scout is retarded and probably hasn't updated their system in 10 years.

opksooner
1/17/2006, 05:28 PM
Okay.

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/474/greshammccoy6fe.jpg
2 1/2 inch headline....tops!

Texas Golfer
1/17/2006, 11:38 PM
Scout is saying USC didn't even offer him? Is this true? If so, what does it say about him?

It tells me that he's not going to Southern California for the football. He's going for the fun, the sun, and the women. Maybe he thinks he could hook up with some starlet.

usmc-sooner
1/17/2006, 11:53 PM
What we need is a recruiting coordinator that can predict the future.

you better check with jkm first

this guy might yell at our 300lb Olinemen or actually want to make kids get in shape.

He might even have a kid quit on him